ID This Chem...

• Thread starter cystalpalace777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cystalpalace777

cystalpalace777

For many years I grew a cut passed to me as Chemdog D. It remains the most bad-ass plant and most medicinal weed I have ever grown. But sadly I lost that plant, and now I want it back :) After doing a lot of research I'm starting to doubt it was the D cut. It did not do the leaf variegation thing, and it had a definite sativa streak both in growth and effect. It was very vigorous and stretched quite a bit in flower. The smell was burnt rubber on top of chem funk with some high notes sprinkled in. The high was intense with a fiery energetic awareness quality that was amazing for yoga and healing applications.

I only have a few pics remaining of her, but here they are.

Can you ID this Chem ?

Id this chem
Id this chem 2
Id this chem 3
Id this chem 4
Id this chem 5
Id this chem 6
Id this chem 7
cystalpalace777

cystalpalace777

She was amazing. Those first three photos were in the middle of a root aphid battle. She normally looked better than that ;)

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey C,
That's a tough one , first losing a chem or diesel cut , and trying to re gain it.....
First of all , I might ask how did you acquire it ? Can you go back to the person or group that gifted it to you , can you collect some info from them , was it a clone , did they find it in a pack of seeds . .?
Just by looking at it I can say it certainly does look like the real deal , it could be , by the way you are describing the aroma and high , could be a sour diesel leaning cut , the chem was given to you with the assumption that it was chem diesel ? Or Chemdog D ( or was it chem dog ) ?

How did you loose it , how many years did you run it ?
Do you know the whole chem dog and sour diesel story ? You can google it.....

Could be an original 90's cut , could be a reservoir seeds creation , could be any of the hundreds of great and not so great newer generations of the chem line.....

Chances of getting that back are not good unless you can reconnect with original people , you can though go to some of the fairly successful seed companies and start growing chem and sours to find another .....JJ Top dawg seeds is a good starting point...

She looks like the east coast sour diesel

Last edited:
cystalpalace777

cystalpalace777

He C,

First of all , I might ask how did you acquire it ? Can you go back to the person or group that gifted it to you , can you collect some info from them , was it a clone , did they find it in a pack of seeds . .?

Just by looking at it I can say it certainly does look like the real deal , it could be , by the way you are describing the aroma and high , could be a sour diesel leaning cut , the chem was given to you with the assumption that it was chem diesel ? Or Chemdog D ( or was it chem dog ) ?

How did you loose it , how many years did you run it ?
Do you know the whole chem dog and sour diesel story ?

She looks like the east coast sour diesel

Thanks for the input ! To answer your questions... I received the cut in 2007 through a forum. I have not been able to track that guy down unfortunately. He was a very talented larger scale commercial grower in Humboldt and knew his shit. That said, of course there is no guarantee it was what he thought it was.

He described it only as "Chemdog D", and said he had received it as a cut from another grower. It has occurred to me that many people once referred to Chemdog 91 simply as "chemdog" before all the other cuts got into circulation. Perhaps "Chemdog D" was simply an abbreviation of ChemDog ? On page 8 of the Chemdog history thread on this forum a guy posted pictures of his Chemdog 91 and it looks strikingly like the plant I had. And I hear the 91 is more sativa-influenced and my plant had a sativa streak in the stretch as well as the effect.

I had never heard of the Chems at that point so I had no idea what I was getting. When I grew it out I was blown away ! Best commercial plant I ever ran, despite the longer flower time of 10-11 weeks. I was able to pull very large yields with that plant AND it was my favorite stash weed. Nice combo :) I ran her from 2007 until 2016. She had been through a couple of bad root aphid infestations and just wasn't the same after that so I let her go. I wish I would have kept her anyway just for identification and seed-making purposes. damn !

I do know the whole Chem and Sour Diesel story, at least as it has been covered in threads on THCFarmer. I will definitely check out some pics of ECSD in consideration of that possibility.

thanks !

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey C , was it on the overgrow forum that you received her ? Your story and date on your photo check out 100 % you had the sour diesel or east coast sour diesel or aj sour diesel or weasel cut sour diesel , did she reek of fuel in week 10 ? Like nothing you've seen before or after ? Yup
God bless the sour diesel , you had a legend..........

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Beautiful shots!!!!

I ran a verified D about 10 years ago. Came from Mr. Dank, via Stretchpup, via P-bud if i remember correctly. The leaf variegation is definitely a hallmark. I do not have any pics at the moment, but I can say that the flower structure on yours looks very, very similar. It's quite possible you recieved an S1, as like anything with hype, the truth gets lost rather quickly.

Top Bottom