Id This Creature And Residue Question

• Thread starter John Wang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

John Wang

I am wondering what this insect is?

Also wondering why I have been seeing this residue on my baby plant. I don't spray anything, just have been using water

Thx

Id this creature and residue question
Id this creature and residue question 2
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I am wondering what this insect is?

Also wondering why I have been seeing this residue on my baby plant. I don't spray anything, just have been using water

Thx
Are your outdoor temperatures cool in the 70s?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks like an aphid, ants will bait them by putting stuff that lures them to your plants and actually will carry them to your plant and drop them off to come back later and harvest their excrement for food. If you've seen any ants I would say that's what it is, Vaseline or tree sticky around the base of your stalk will trap any trying g to crawl up.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

its been getting 80-90's lately
I am almost certain those are aphids. They generally do not like higher temperatures but I have had them past 90 degrees before. The wet slimy stuff on your plant is called honeydew. Aphids are harvested buy ants you more than likely have ants as well. Put a barrier of granule ant killer around your pots. Spray your plants with the hose to get as much off as you can until this product arrives then you should be okay.https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AWQWWS0/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Looks like an aphid, ants will bait them by putting stuff that lures them to your plants and actually will carry them to your plant and drop them off to come back later and harvest their excrement for food. If you've seen any ants I would say that's what it is, Vaseline or tree sticky around the base of your stalk will trap any trying g to crawl up.
Those little bastards will take aphids down to their nest and let their babies suck honeydew out of their butts.

Top Bottom