Ide like to here the different ways of draining the undercurrent

• Thread starter BudGoggles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Ive been draining all different ways. I use a subpump when I can take the plants out. But in bloom there way to big and I usually just let it ride.
I know theres a drain and Im thinking of hooking it up to a mag drive pump.
I would like to see how everybody else does this.
This would be a good thing to help everybody make this system even simpler.
BG

G

gadgetsmoke

bump

I'm getting a system very soon, and would like to know this as well.

opt1c

opt1c

i have an adaptor for the epicenter that allows me to attach a garden hose; where the T is on the return at the top of the bucket.... just let it drain that way... u rn't going to get all the nutes out the bottom of each bucket so don't trip... just use zone and be done with it

i usually don't drain my systems though unless i'm done with the crop but it seems a lot of people are really happy doing so; my plants look just fine without draining but i might when i switch to bloom nutes

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

How about a pic of that buddy. So we all can see the attachment your talking about.
What I do after I drain when switching to bloom nutes is suck the extra out with a wet vac
Keep it coming
BG

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Not a brain drain

The residuals of the veg nutes will quickly be used by the plants as they utilize more nitrogen during their early bloom elongation. Especially given what a low ratio of nutes are left of the previous veg batch after doing a standard drain down.

But if you circulate while diluting and simultaneously draining you can purge it out. A mad drive adapted to the drain valve in the epicenter seems to work best for draining the system down as low as possible

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Thats what I was thinking I just need to configure the hose to screw in the epicenter then into the mag and out. I guess I just need to go to the home depot and look.
Thanks UCMENOW
BG

H

halitzor

How about a pic of that buddy. So we all can see the attachment your talking about.
What I do after I drain when switching to bloom nutes is suck the extra out with a wet vac
Keep it coming
BG

Wallmount shopvac,

drill a hole in the bottom and insert 3/4" grommet and barbed straight, plumb to a drain and you have a bottomless shopvac :D

Globel

Globel

I connect a hose to my Chiller line. I use a 1200 GPH mag drive for it so It drains quicker then gravity. Still takes 20 minutes or so. I don't worry to much about the little bit of water in the bottom. The plants go threw 40 gallons a day. I only change the res out 2 times during flowering.

opt1c

opt1c

uc_drain_hose_adaptor.jpg

uc_drain_hose_adaptor_in_use.jpg

any questions? something i had lying around my garage; can never have too many pvc fittings if u ask me

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Horiverts

Hey, isn't that the garden hose drain that comes with the UC?

Looking great, can't wait to see those middle bulbs rocking some cool tubes.

???Looks like your pump might have a rock or 2 in it as your flow looks a little on the weak side???

Curb Feeler

Curb Feeler

I don't see how this new "under current system" is that different from any other hydroponic method.

I currently use the Greentrees ebb and flow system, actually two systems, each being air injected with filter'd medical grade air pumps. I'd like to see any under current system compete with the speed and production of my system.

R

RMCG

What are you using to inject? venturi's? or stones? Where are you injecting it? In the lines or in the buckets?

The only decent sized Ebb and Grow show here was BadFish's op. There are several large UC setups here though.

Post up some pix!

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

I just stood around and watched mine leak all over the floor because of shoddy PVC work on the manifolds. Happened a couple of times and fixes itself when the salts fill in the micro channels.

Trained professional, don't try this at home. You might damage your carpet or flooring.

M

mcpuffin

Here's the bigger picture...ShopVac for the remaining solution.:character0027:

DSC01402
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I don't see how this new "under current system" is that different from any other hydroponic method.

I currently use the Greentrees ebb and flow system, actually two systems, each being air injected with filter'd medical grade air pumps. I'd like to see any under current system compete with the speed and production of my system.

whoopty fucking doo

what the fuck does that have to do with the subject of this thread?

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Does anyone know the volume of solution remaining in the 13 gallon modules if drained to just below the conduit?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Not sure Im guessing around 2 gallons each.
Who is this dude " curb feeler " we didnt ask you shit about your booty ebb & grow go some where else with that shit. Can you get 2#s per light because Im gonna and so is the rest of us using UCs.
BG

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

GreenTree's systems are awesome....especially with the addition of air stones. Though you'd be the first to out perform a UC with that system.

Might consider researching what makes the UC unique before posing questions with obvious answers.

Each module holds about 1/2 a gallon when drained to below the 3" pvc.

A

amstercal

It's fascinating to me how every Under Current thread has someone saying they could do it better, no matter the subject or how great the grow looks. I've never known anything to get under people's skin like that... well maybe my own big fat mouth. :-)

Top Bottom