Ideal Air Ac

• Thread starter cowboyup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboyup

Hey I have a chance to get my hands on a 12000 btu ac for 180 bucks. Brand new never used. I was winder if anybody has used these ac units and are they any good?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I know their cheap and easy but window ACs are not the best choice if you have a choice.A minsplit will cost you up front but will save you bucks in the long run due to its efficiencies,both cooling and electrical savings.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ive ran an LG 8000btu in a 4x4x7 w/ 1x600 and a 5x10x7 with 2x600. it worked well in the 4x4, but struggled in the 5x10 w/ 2x600. currently I run an LG 14000btu in a 8x12x7 w/ 3x600hps. even in 90* outside temps, my room is 77-79* max. low is 73-75 when the building a/c is on. winter is 75*. also, I run mine 12/12 daily.

I grow in a basement type setting , so a window shaker is out the question. I never looked into a mini split..... but I think I may need to.

if any SE michigan a/c guys are around, shoot me a pm.

C

cowboyup

Well I ended up getting a sweet deal. Like super sweet. Brand new ideal air 12000btu ac. Ideal air 70 pint dehumidifier and 6 bags of fox farm ocean forest for a grand total of 400 out the door. I pick up tomorrow. Thanks for the response. I just can't pass a deal like that up.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I've been running both for a few years. I chose the AC cause I needed to install it myself. They aren't the best, especially the dehuey. The A/C will get the job done, but it sure won't cover 6K of HPS lighting that is unvented. Make sure you get a dehumidifier controller for the dehuey, and put it on a dedicated circuit. If the a/c is a newer model that can connect to an external thermostat, go ahead and pick that up, and mount it on the opposite side of the room that the a/c is on. Also, you're gonna need a dedicated circuit for the A/C. That was a hell of a deal.

C

cowboyup

Yeah I was wondering if I was answering a fake ad. But I took the drive and sure as hell. He had a great deal. It's all brand new in boxes woth the safety straps around it.

C

cowboyup

I'm only running 4 8" blockbuster hoods with 2 can fans at 745 cfm. So 1 can fan to 2 lights

Latest posts

Top Bottom