Ideal-air Mini Split " Do-it-yourself": Bomb Or Shit?

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

real owners of ideal-air Minisplits: Do they last and work as good as stated?:
If yes than I might even buy 1-2 24k systems for my 10k-DE room

Well I've read 2012-4ish reviews stating the system works and not that much issues ( almost all systems have a defective one in 1,000 or whatever) Just don't want to purchase a piece of crap or non efficient beta bullshit like the frostbbox did ( they went under and just used non-branded BS)

#2 i've seen a few diff systems besides Ideal-air that are also pre-charged and ready for a " do-it-yourself"
like " Friedrich Breeze". Thing is i've looked at the top brands and they all require a hvac tech or voiding your warranty . Suggestion or rating on other DIY systems?

W

wooitzme

It works good.. also with the new regulations with mini splits, you can't get 13 seer anymore. If you can get a 13 seer ideal air grab it quick. It is slightly weaker in the amount of air it pushes out compared to a soleus but it hasn't given me any probs. Plus it has a nice feature where it shows you the room temp.

S

Seed Buyer

I have owned about 12 of these units and sold many more than that. They had a batch of 24K 15 SER units that had bad boards but that was a few years ago. They "Ideal Air" has awesome customer service.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Shit IMO,I have to disagree with everyone above,ive helped install about 5 of these units and every one has had major issues within 1 year or sooner,none of the DIY units ive seen last very long or work very well,buy cheap and buy often.Look at the specs on the units,they are not even rated to work below 49 degrees and dont work very well over 90 degrees IME.Definitely recommend you ask this question in @Cannabis johns AC thread for a more detailed response.

Last edited:
Billyboat

Billyboat

I have never owned one but I have had a few buddies who have had problems with them. I'm not a big fan of quick disconnect fitings as they will leak over time.
Why go cheap on the most important aspect of your room, your cooling?

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Fuck ideal air. All they make is entry level Chinese shit ,designed to break. If you can't afford to get the best ac,just keep saving til you do. What good is customer service in your garden when it's 100.degrees and you have 4-12 weeks turn around time? Does ideal aire come out and put in a loaner for free while your other unit is lost in translation between here and some Chinese province that doesn't give 2 shits if your garden goes under? There is a reason that good equipment costs more. I will risk some strange hvac guy seeing my crop ANYDAY over the thought of an AC failing anytime. My .02 cents

S

Seed Buyer

The 15 SER units have an outdoor unit that can preform down to 5 degrees. Its the 13 SER non inverter units that can freeze up if outdoor temps go below 45 degrees or so. If I ever lived in a med state would I buy one? Doubtful. But you gotta remember there are about 25 states where bringing in an HVAC tech is not an option.

S

Seed Buyer

I would also say that any real grower in this for the long road needs to have a understanding of HVAC units in the first place. A couple hours on youtube and you should be able to grasp any HVAC issues you might come across.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I dont care what state your in or med or not,when your in flower and its 100 outside and your shit breaks down you will be screwed,been there.Ideal airs not even that cheap,the only difference is you dont have to vac the lines?Do yourself a favor and get someone to do it right for you or buy the tools and learn yourself,there is no easy way out at this time unfortunately.
Mitsubishi for my money every time and i dont mean a chinese junk unit with a mitsu compressor or part or two.
https://www.acwholesalers.com/Mitsu...at=&subCat=&trail=1004:Mitsubishi:68443:2 Ton

Last edited:
S

Seed Buyer

I have gotten burnt by AC wholesalers in the past. They can be real hard to get on the phone if you have an issue. AC's are the most important part of the grow room and by far the most complicated part of the equation. If you live in a cold climate like MI I would make sure the outdoor unit can handle those -20 degree mornings before you buy. The ideal air units are only rated down to 5 degrees. Most AC company's will not even discuss a warranty unless you can show the units were installed by a license HVAC tech. Food for thought.

Thereallenny

Thereallenny

I know someone who got a 24,000 ideal last year and he was not happy. He went with a Fujitsu and loves it.

B

Burned Haze

I know someone who got a 24,000 ideal last year and he was not happy. He went with a Fujitsu and loves it.
That's the kinda reviews and thought I was hoping for ! Thanks everyone for setting me straight on that.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I like daikin the best, but that's because I get them at a discounted rate. Have had daikins running years with no problem. My first choice would be daikin or Mitsubishi and Fujitsu would be my other. After about 5tons or so it becomes more efficient to run a ducted ac. Minis are just cheaper to install.

Latest posts

Top Bottom