Ideal Growroom

• Thread starter maxed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maxed

Hello all,

First post here, looking to start a grow op from fresh. I have 2 10*10 rooms available to grow my babies; was wondering what would be an ideal light to plant ratio?

I was thinking 4 1000W and 16 plants per 10*10 room is this too much?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Maxed

S

sonar

sounds good.. Lighting is correct.. Its up to you how big you wanna grow them, and how you prefer to grow them, LST, SOG SCROG ect.. to determine number of plants..

O

OilFreak

Personally I like 75 watts a sqaure foot versus your plan of 40 watts per sq ft. Im testing 20 gallon containers filled with organic soil in my 4660 watt, 54 sq ft grow now. You could run a flip flop system with both rooms being powered by the ballasts for one room. With less watts a sq ft you will get buds but not the best quality. Of course more light equals more heat. Figure you need 4000 BTUs of air conditioning for every 1000 watt light. My grow has a 1 & 3/4 ton portable AC unit that cools the room. That is 17,500 BTUs of cooling power. Combined with the lights, dehumidifier, and carbon filter fan I run about 6500 watts total. Stuff to think about...

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Also depends if you need storage space in the same area. Or water and air systems for the room. I like to have several stages going. Unless your doing a single set up. 4x4 or 5x5 IMO is good for 1k of light.

Good luck on setting up. Dont for get proper power runs and size up your AC to the heat load.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hello all,

First post here, looking to start a grow op from fresh. I have 2 10*10 rooms available to grow my babies; was wondering what would be an ideal light to plant ratio?

I was thinking 4 1000W and 16 plants per 10*10 room is this too much?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Maxed

Hey brother- there is no such thing as 'ideal'. There IS such a thing as 'best solution to solve your specific design requirement', which is where you need to start.

How much do you want to produce? What's your equipment and utilities budget? Growing experience? Start with questions like these and then work back to the equipment and setup you'll need to meet those specs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom