Ideal Room Sizes For 12 Plants

• Thread starter bigger buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigger buds

Hi guys my plan have changed. I am only allowed to grow 12 plants. I'm going to do a 12 veg and 12 flower rotation. The space i have right now is 22x50x16. I think build a room within a room would be an ideal. What size room should i build for veg? flower? Each room will have it's own support equipment. The sizes of the room will determine the sizes of equipment use, that's why i'm asking for an input. Thanks

Soilbrother1

Soilbrother1

There are many variables at play here such as: how long do you want to veg for, what size pots, are you doing hydro, soil, soilless medium. What are the dimensions you listed, feet, inches, etc. I would really like to help you with the answer, but based on the info you provided- I would say start up your 12, see how it goes (first) all the way through to flower. Once you have a handle on space requirements make the necessary adjustments to start your perpetual grow. Sorry, I couldn't be of more assistance. Ensure you check the indoor grow threads and search from there. That is where you may find general space requirements based on room dimensions. Lastly, while you are there ensure you have the appropriate amount of light to ensure a bountiful harvest. Best of luck to you and happy gardening my friend!

LI grows

LI grows

16' ceilings... you can grow some trees there.
Im just guessing, youre gonne need 10-15 gallon pots and 3 months seedling and vegging time to get the most of plant limit.

B

bigger buds

The dimensions are in feet. I have 10x 1000 hps ready. I can either go with coco and quick harvest or a 50 gal soil and grow massive and harvest every 6 months. Maybe 2 plants/light 20 gal soil?

B

bigger buds

I have a room layout and will be building tomorrow. Flower room will be 18'x15'x12'. 8x1000 watt de hps and a gavita pro 1000de for trial. Is it overkill for 12 plants? Will be growing in soil in 20 gal, maybe 50 gal smart pot.

B

bigger buds

I have a room layout and will be building tomorrow. Flower room will be 18'x15'x12'. 8x1000 watt de hps and a gavita pro 1000de for trial. Is it overkill for 12 plants? Will be growing in soil in 20 gal, maybe 50 gal smart pot.

The Terps

The Terps

You seem a lil hung up on how much can I get per plant and that's not really how it works. Your going to deal with the law of limitations and it states you can only do as good as your limiting factor allows in this case 9k in lighting. So your only going to be able to achieve so much. what I'm saying is best case scenario wether a room has 1000 or only one plant your limiting factor is lighting.
18x15 for a 9 light room? You may want to add some walking space in there? That would be the minimum growing foot print I'd try and cover with 9 k. So I would build 22-24'x22-24'

The Terps

The Terps

What I'm saying is the best a de can produce is a bit over 3.5 lbs per light regardless of how many plants you have or how big your a/c is. And it'll be extremely tough to get over 2.5 lbs per plant growing trees. De lighting penetrates well but not more than 2-2.5' of canopy before extreme light loss occurs. So that's why your going to want to cover a solid foot print per light horizontally. The gavita hood throws light closer to a 5x7' spread. So again for a 9 k room I'd want to cover 15x21' of canopy space to get the best consistent yeilds. That doesn't count getting a body from one side of the room to the other.
Also I would pump the brakes a bit on your build if you don't know what size pots your going to use and such I would think about your walls and such A LOT more. Seems like your are rushing in without the facts or an actual game plan.

B

bigger buds

I have scratch the old plan. I am going with a 50 watt/sq rule set up. I decided to go with 20 gal pots soil and 6x1000 watt. I've got decent yield on my first harvest 14 1/2 in soil. I have plenty of space to play around with (18'x50'x15'). I can go with 14'x9', that's 6300 watts, within 50watt/sq optimal. Any inputs greatly appreciated. Things will get tweaked as the build goes.

B

bigger buds

Update:

I haven't post anything lately, have been busy. Just want to update with the new setup with the first yield. I was able to pull 12.33 lbs dried, 6x1000 watts hps, 12 plants gorilla. Good? decent? needs major improvement? What's your opinion?

Top Bottom