Ideas For Grow Room Dividers.

• Thread starter Dabowabo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabowabo

Dabowabo

looking to divide my room between flowering and veg. was wondering if anyone has a good material that i could create my own divider that allows for good air flow but does not allow light to get through. thanks in advance!

Blakeus

Blakeus

looking to divide my room between flowering and veg. was wondering if anyone has a good material that i could create my own divider that allows for good air flow but does not allow light to get through. thanks in advance!
You could use a tent like me

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Build it buddy in a space like yours it's the only option I guess that's the way I would go .

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

Build it buddy in a space like yours it's the only option I guess that's the way I would go .
I thought about it. my only concern is ventilation as i would prefer not to change my setup
Any material that lets air low will also let light thru
Build a hard wall and put fans on duct tubing from room to room to circulate
Place some duct 90s to not allow light to pass
Hb
Thats kinda what i figured.......

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I think you have no choice but to change your set up slightly to accommodate the ventilation but really it's up to you buddy good luck .✌️

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

I think you have no choice but to change your set up slightly to accommodate the ventilation but really it's up to you buddy good luck .✌️
I feel yah i gotta make a bunch of changes. just so many variables my brain can only handle so much!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I feel yah i gotta make a bunch of changes. just so many variables my brain can only handle so much!
Just slow the brain down and keep it simple mate do some drawings that's the best way to start . Get a list of what you are trying to achieve with the devider it's must be light tight first off , so I'd get some measurements and go from that point .

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

Just slow the brain down and keep it simple mate do some drawings that's the best way to start . Get a list of what you are trying to achieve with the devider it's must be light tight first off , so I'd get some measurements and go from that point .
After a good nights sleep and a lil rip on the bong. I think i developed a good plan on maintaining humidity and quality air conditions with the divider. now i have another question has anybody grown their seedlings in individual clear plastic containers? my thought is if i can grow them for a few weeks in the containers serving as a way of creating more humidity? feel free to tell me if I'm wrong. just hoping i can transfer my babies to their bigger pots with as close to the same temp humidity settings as I'm not sure my room can maintain more than 54% humidity.

Blakeus

Blakeus

I use one of those little plastic seedling starter domes they sell at most feed n grow shops or hardware stores in the garden section. It does a great job at keeping the humidity. If you put it on a slight slant and put a little water on the low side an mist the inside to the dome every few hours or so

It also has a little vent slide on top to help you control heat and humidity release.

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I use one of those little plastic seedling starter domes they sell at most feed n grow shops or hardware stores in the garden section. It does a great job at keeping the humidity. If you put it on a slight slant and put a little water on the low side an mist the inside to the dome every few hours or so

It also has a little vent slide on top to help you control heat and humidity release.
Yep same here but a tip only spray the inside of the lid with water not the cuttings to keep the humidity up I think it was Shroom king said the media needs to be damp not soaking wet it helps the cutting with rooting quicker , I have done my last 4 sets of cuts and it worked really well .

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

do you put em under your larger veg lights? or just use the little seedling lights. also do you keep em on a heating pad ?

Blakeus

Blakeus

do you put em under your larger veg lights? or just use the little seedling lights. also do you keep em on a heating pad ?
At the moment no heating pad although I would love to get one eventually, but i do have them under the big 600w MH I have for veg right now. I do have a smaller 250w cfl for vegging but having them under that without a heating pad doesn't create enough heat to make the water evaporate fast enough, which also cause to much moisture in the dome so the plants drink their water slower and end up to wet.

Blakeus

Blakeus

Yep same here but a tip only spray the inside of the lid with water not the cuttings to keep the humidity up I think it was Shroom king said the media needs to be damp not soaking wet it helps the cutting with rooting quicker , I have done my last 4 sets of cuts and it worked really well .
Yeah I notice that when I was doing my seedlings but the ones in the dome now are clones and they are doing better this time around.
What do you use for a rooting hormone? I've been using only aloe Vera that i grow in the room also and it's working pretty good. I get atleast 2 out of 4 clone each try but the ones that take root take off a lot better then when I used clonex. Although with clonex I was successful with all 4 cuts out of a batch but they take longer to get moving I think.

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

what are your guys thought on biodegradable seedling pots vs plastic?

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

Yeah I notice that when I was doing my seedlings but the ones in the dome now are clones and they are doing better this time around.
What do you use for a rooting hormone? I've been using only aloe Vera that i grow in the room also and it's working pretty good. I get atleast 2 out of 4 clone each try but the ones that take root take off a lot better then when I used clonex. Although with clonex I was successful with all 4 cuts out of a batch but they take longer to get moving I think.
I haven't set up for cloning yet. wanted to get my room setup and running smoothly. i also wanted to try some different plants before i decided which type i wanted to have a mother from. had a good friend sell me a bunch of seeds. as well I've purchased some seeds from all over. plants in my pics are royal flush. also got a bunch coming in that my growing partner ordered in. just going to grow a bunch until i fine tune my growing and figure out all the types i like etc.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I make up a paste of willow bark honey and vegemite which is a yeast based breakfast spread .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I put mine under grow lush fluro with white shade cloth over it so it's not so intense I get roots set after 3 t 5 days I'm ready to transplant in 10 days then give them another week then into the 400 Mh to veg then off to the flower room and the 600hps

Top Bottom