Ideas On Keeping Plants Warm?

• Thread starter Totallynew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Totallynew

Hey everyone,
Due to my northern location , temperatures only go from the 32-42 degrees range. Indoor growing is not an option. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can succcessfully grown in my conditions? If anyone is going to say I should get a greenhouse , can you please tell me hoow I will be able to camouflage the green house and make it more stealthier ? Thanks for the help.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Try not to grow in a frost pocket. A south facing slope would be best.

SpiderK

SpiderK

when my temps hit 27º or so in late oct the straw really helps keep things warm, even 1/2 gallon bags with mini's.... temps would hit 45 or so during the day then go below freezing again for 8 hours or so .... about 16 days like this. 42º latitude upper midwest.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Its no so much the keeping the plant warm its keeping the roots warm this is where mulches , straw and all sorts come in handy .
I already am hitting temps of 1 degree or 32 F last to nights have been frost warnings.
My plant will still be growing when its -6 C or 21.2 f
My last year plants seen minus 12 degrees C and lived through it
We need to stop babying our plants reason most if you think about it Hindi or kush mountains where most indica strains of all crosses we have today come from
the temps there is like hot and Freezing cold in mid summer there
Yes the cold will slow it all down but they will survive i see it every year ..
And guess what so will you as i post harvests when there is a foot of snow on the ground
IMG5031
IMG5032

T

Totallynew

Its no so much the keeping the plant warm its keeping the roots warm this is where mulches , straw and all sorts come in handy .
I already am hitting temps of 1 degree or 32 F last to nights have been frost warnings.
My plant will still be growing when its -6 C or 21.2 f
My last year plants seen minus 12 degrees C and lived through it
We need to stop babying our plants reason most if you think about it Hindi or kush mountains where most indica strains of all crosses we have today come from
the temps there is like hot and Freezing cold in mid summer there
Yes the cold will slow it all down but they will survive i see it every year ..
And guess what so will you as i post harvests when there is a foot of snow on the ground View attachment 635459 View attachment 635460
Thats very interesting , I feel like you could be a big help to me as the temperature in my area is low year round. I would very much appreciate it if you could give me some tips and advice on how to grow outdoors in our conditions. Thanks man

Irish063

Irish063

@Purpletrain what indica strain is that in your photo you posted for spiderk? Looks really nice

Top Bottom