Ideas On Keeping The Tent Warm In The Winter

• Thread starter Crops
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crops

Crops

hello people: just wondering now is becoming winter in my country any good ideas or tips on keeping the Grow tent warm in the winter....my tent is in a out side Shed And temperature is dropping to 60 C now so in a couple of months when it gets colder is going to drop below that by far .....HELP....

chemistry

chemistry

Insulate your shed to keep your lights heat in, and slow your exhaust fan, and like it's been said, open hood this time of year.

Crops

Crops

Some good ideas on here ;)some I've have thought of ...and some I haven't ....so gunna look it to which one works best us thanks in advance we will conquer the cold:shockedninja:

MW7945

MW7945

Gonna murder your electric bill, but a space heater is an easy fix.

Assuming this shed is insulated

Crops

Crops

Gonna murder your electric bill, but a space heater is an easy fix.

Assuming this shed is insulated
No it's not ...was thinking about insulating it tho as Iam a builder in the day and a farmer at night lol..... not in to haveing a big electric bill it's big enough now :( gunna have to do something tho..........winter on it's way

Hydro head

Hydro head

I use tube heaters, two 60watt 1s, enough to keep mine warm enough but I'm in a loft, you can get bigger 1s, 4ft long use 120watts, if you can insulate ur shed that would help also,
Good luck

Bannacis

Bannacis

Wish I could 2 many kids running around mate :sweating: to move it in house
Joking aside, convince the kids how cool it would be to camp out in the shed for the winter...lol
if you can't get a heater of sort. the split grow room would work, but only if you had some hi out put lights in the veg part to heat the rest of the shed during flower lights off.

Crops

Crops

Joking aside, convince the kids how cool it would be to camp out in the shed for the winter...lol
if you can't get a heater of sort. the split grow room would work, but only if you had some hi out put lights in the veg part to heat the rest of the shed during flower lights off.
That's the best idea I've heard all year Lmao ...i've tried to convince the wife to move in there now that would be better and then I've got my ladies with me lol ... the Shed is about 17 foot in length by about 8ft in wief thinking about insulating and split it in half for the winter instead of using two different rooms

Crops

Crops

The shed dimensions would probably help us
Yeh man it's about 17 foot in length and a 8ft in which and 9ft high ..........also I'm 3weeks into flowering could I trim back some of the older leaves that blocking the light from some of the bottom buds

Bannacis

Bannacis

Be sure to put down a well insulated floor, about 2-4 inches of some foam or sort. keeping the pots from the cold is most important.
Heating the veg room and forcing the air thru flower room would be ideal. set your exhaust from your flower room to slow, so it wont pull all your heat out. even go as far to extend your exhaust vent to bottom of room so that your not pulling out warm air.
You can trim off some leaves at this point, but not too many now, she be starting to rev it up. try bending and tucking or tying branches to spread em out.

Crops

Crops

Be sure to put down a well insulated floor, about 2-4 inches of some foam or sort. keeping the pots from the cold is most important.
Heating the veg room and forcing the air thru flower room would be ideal. set your exhaust from your flower room to slow, so it wont pull all your heat out. even go as far to extend your exhaust vent to bottom of room so that your not pulling out warm air.
You can trim off some leaves at this point, but not too many now, she be starting to rev it up. try bending and tucking or tying branches to spread em out.
Nice one man will do

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would add some T5s before a space heater. At least you will get more light for your heat $$$. I have also ran the dehu on a higher output to get a few degrees. Does your shed allow air to pass under? If so maybe some hay bails.

Top Bottom