Idea's

• Thread starter Hidd3nGr0w
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Looking for confirmation on diagnosis. I am thinking this is Calcium deficiency. I pretty sure I can rule out bugs. Turned down leaf edges seem to confirm as well. All opinions welcome though.
Harvest is this week, not going to try to correct it. Just looking for confirmation in case I see it again.
Ideas

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It really looks like some type of bugs, but the lower leaves seem to be free of the spots. It doesn't look like a magnesium deficiency to me as it doesn't follow the leaf edges or the veins in the leaf. Could you have spilled something on it? When I had spider mites, the damage started off looking like what you are seeing... a bunch of small dots or spots on the leaves that turn brown after a while. I had to look VERY carefully to find them, as it wasn't a full blown infestation. Strangely, only some strains were munched on. Everything looks pretty good otherwise. It's not uncommon for lower fan leaves to yellow and die off during late flowering, so if you are at harvest, I would attribute it to the end of flowering. Look under the leaves with a magnifying glass or a loupe to check for the little bastards.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Thanks @Jimster, I really appreciate the reply, just finished week 8, so inside harvest window now, just waiting for something amber to appear. Pulled the leaf and looked with magnify glass and my glasses, didn't see anything crawling, doesn't mean they are not there though. At the end of this run, I think a full tear down of the tent, lights, and fans is in order. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again!

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

some sort of flying insect damage, Ive had it before, its nothing to worry about IMO, whatever it is that does it doesn't breed & infest the plants

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I appreciate the response. I have not seen any flying insects or gnats that's why I thought maybe start of calcium def.

I could not take the chance on letting it ride. The plant that had those markings was chopped and removed, it had just finished week 8 so no biggie besides not going till it showed amber trichs. I have about 3-4 weeks left till all in the flower tent are done, and I will be checking for similar damage on other plants as well during that time. I am going bonkers right now. I have only had one bug problem before, gnats that came from improperly stored soil from a local garden shop. I had to destroy everything I had and restart fresh, took 6 months to reset.

Top Bottom