Identify that Insect Game! Help

• Thread starter TheColt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheColt

[URL=http://invalid.com/photo/my-images/694/insecte.jpg/][IMG]http://img694.invalid.com/img694/5369/insecte.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

What kind of insect is this? Thrips?

Thank you!

T

TheColt

sorry for the tiny picture, I struggled figuring out how to post a picture to the forum

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Don't no what kind of bug that is but u posted a nice finger print

G

grinkeeper

your suspisions were correct that is an adult thrip in my opinion.. I have had them more than a few times.. like all insects there is many stages and that is the last stage... they actually have wings but rarely do they fly.. they are very stelthy in other stages.. they can slide up next to e leaf vien and you cant even notice them as the thrips body color is the same yellow as the leafs viens.. #1 indicator is a shiney lines on leaf surface, top of leaf.. like min snail tracks... also you will see yellow stippling like spider mite damages where the thrips suck the sap...

now atacking htem back is frustrating.. they can resist even the more powerful of [prodcuts.. neem they enjoy and even pyrithuim they handle well... after many tries at other methods I have found the only working product that will give success is SPINOSAD... its actually OMRI organic product... you can buy it in a proffesional formula on ebay called CONSERVE SC, OR NATURALYTE , both from SOUNTERN AG.... or a store bought product called montaray garden spray ....

spinosad its not that common as its not been around for long time compared to other pesticides... it was discovered in the 80s by chance.. I think a bio chemist was on holidays in the caribean and tested a substance he found in old rum barrels.. he colinized it and found out this biological product was a really good bug killer.. best part is your plants dont encounter any damage whats so ever from repeated application... in fact it seems like they benifit from it possibly...

if you got thrips. I wonder if by chance you use coco... I have been collecting data on thrip outbreaks and more often than not it can be associated with the use or switch over to coco.. thrips are very common in tropical regions and thats where coco comes from of course....

best of luck.. and dont let anyone else fool you.. THRIPS can and will distroy your plants with out intervention on your part... its not like fungus gnats or other bugs.. next to spider mites thrips are the most harmful pests for your garden.. this will not go away.... so identify , post more piocs and research... you will see SPINOSAD is your best shot.. organic or chemical its still the best method...Im not a stickler for organic by any means , I use it for the single reason that it works the best bare none..

Latest posts

Top Bottom