identify...

• Thread starter sox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

luckily (knock on wood) ive only experienced hermies two or three times and the genetics always came from sketchy people. anyway, i took this pic this morning and lookin at it closer it looks kinda funky...what do yall think? does it look like there is a seed forming in the middle or am i trippin?
Identify

sox

sox

im gunna cut EVERYTHING down that i got from these people if this is a hermie....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like the calyx is fattening, but if it's a seed, so what? Just find the offending bits, pluck them off, spritz with water daily while checking and be on your way. Seeds are undesirable, but you get rid of a lot while trimming and don't impact potency at all, in my experience. The other problem would be if the buds stopped stacking, but based on how the pistils and calyxes are developing it looks as though things are progressing normally to me.

HTH.

Reactions: sox
sox

sox

Hopefully its the calyx fattening...the last time i got genetics from this person they hermied, so im skeptical.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Some lines are known to be prone to hermaphroditism, but folks deal with it because if handled right you can still get a decent yield of potent product. Some of the Chem lines I've run have done that, though they came with a WARNING, so I knew what to expect.

T

Thatgirl

Looks fine to me too. At this point, if it does shoot out some bananas, I don't see any reason to chop it all down anyway, just pick the bananas off.

sox

sox

im picky, if i see any damage/disease at all i tear down and start over...i DONT fuck around. lol

Dr.X

Dr.X

I don't see any seed growing there, my guess is that is only a fat calyx. When pollinated the first thing you gonna see is the pistils turn brown and then they fall off.

Good luck

sox

sox

thanks everybody, hopefully were good...i will loose all hope in this persons genetics if this is another herm..

neverbreak

neverbreak

cutting down everything because of a couple of seeds seem pretty drastic! seamaiden's advice is good imho.

regardless, i don't see anything indicative of a seed forming.

neverbreak

sox

sox

cutting down everything because of a couple of seeds seem pretty drastic! seamaiden's advice is good imho.

regardless, i don't see anything indicative of a seed forming.

neverbreak

thats good! im hopefuly seein shit.
its 100% or nothin for me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
im picky, if i see any damage/disease at all i tear down and start over...i DONT fuck around. lol
IMVHO, that's not only a waste of time and energy, it's a lost learning experience. How will you learn to handle problems if all you do is tear down and start afresh? Take the problems head on, I say. Grab that bull by the horns and wrangle with it.

IIRC, Sour D lines can be prone to hermaphroditism, IIRC.

sox

sox

Sounds nice, but i dont have the time or dough to spend messin around.

waayne

waayne

Hopefully its the calyx fattening...the last time i got genetics from this person they hermied, so im skeptical.

sox if you don't want to be at the mercy of people that pass off hermaphrodite clones you could always buy some proven seeds stock from one of the breeders here and select a superior mom and avoid these types of problems by rooting your own clones..........:)

If I got clones from someone and they were hermaphrodites, I personally wouldn't run more from them

If you don't want to mess around>>>try propagating your own clones,this would avoid this stress and wasted effort.

There's nothing worse than firing up a room only to cut everything down prematurely due to hermaphrodism issues.

Good Luck!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IMVHO, that's not only a waste of time and energy, it's a lost learning experience. How will you learn to handle problems if all you do is tear down and start afresh? Take the problems head on, I say. Grab that bull by the horns and wrangle with it.

IIRC, Sour D lines can be prone to hermaphroditism, IIRC.
That's just IT! I call that a false economy. It's equivalent to the auto mechanic who does nothing more than change parts, a parts-changer. He never learns how to properly diagnose, and therefore truly FIX a problem with a vehicle.

Keep charging ahead, but I personally am not going to spend my hard-earned energies learning to handle challenging problems, energies that have taught me a lot, to help people who won't bother to learn themselves.

sox

sox

sox if you don't want to be at the mercy of people that pass off hermaphrodite clones you could always buy some proven seeds stock from one of the breeders here and select a superior mom and avoid these types of problems by rooting your own clones..........:)

If I got clones from someone and they were hermaphrodites, I personally wouldn't run more from them

If you don't want to mess around>>>try propagating your own clones,this would avoid this stress and wasted effort.

There's nothing worse than firing up a room only to cut everything down prematurely due to hermaphrodism issues.

Good Luck!

I do have moms and i do run my own clones, these 10-15 plants were something i picked up to try...and it was a bad idea, there are only 3 left from that person, so ill keep a close eye on em and let em finish, my other trays are ALL my own stuff.
it actually worked out good because im takin all the hermie plants and learnin how to turn it into ISO!

sox

sox

and when i say "person" i mean collective. i didnt grab em off the streets or anything.

sox

sox

That's just IT! I call that a false economy. It's equivalent to the auto mechanic who does nothing more than change parts, a parts-changer. He never learns how to properly diagnose, and therefore truly FIX a problem with a vehicle.

Keep charging ahead, but I personally am not going to spend my hard-earned energies learning to handle challenging problems, energies that have taught me a lot, to help people who won't bother to learn themselves.

im not sure i follow, but it sounds like your being mean.:(

waayne

waayne

Well sox that sure is a bummer that you paid good money for hermie/suspect cuts from a collective......

I'm not really surprised considering how some collectives and dispensaries are being managed by clueless wannabees:cool:

One of the dispensaries near me was selling male clones mistakenly as females for weeks.........:rolleyes:

Top Bottom