Identifying Bugs on roots, take a look!

• Thread starter Space Cab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Space Cab

Space Cab

Discovered bugs on the roots of some large clones in an ez cloner. Roots and plants seem healthy , bugs green and brown ish. Thanks, any help is appreciated
Identifying bugs on roots take a look
Identifying bugs on roots take a look 2

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

I'm going to hazard a guess and say root aphids, although I've not had any direct experience with them.

symbiote420

symbiote420

100% positive they're Root Aphids, from the looks they've got a nice pop built up now. There are several different methods you can use to get rid of em! Hit the search engine first starts plenty of farmers have pretty good solutions.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Dam bro, yea those are root aphids for sure. sorry man, you might be able to kill em of and still be ok but just make sure you don't let them contaminate anything else.........I never seen aphids in a ez cloner dam. well now i know. Thanks for the post man and goodluck. Take it easy

green punk

green punk

This will kill them! Get EverGreen EC 60-6 or Exciter. They have the highest concentration of pyrethriuns you can buy. Apply @ 2 ml per gallon, It works. All the other chem stuff you can use is systemic and makes plants useless unless you are just trying to save your genetics. Once youve applied and killed them hit with straight water then use some bennies to eat up carcuses.

Good Luck

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have to say that it's really surprising that the only thing that's being reported is the presence of the bugs. I mean, IF those are root aphids, where are the brown, dying roots? Where's the complaining about chasing weird deficiency after weird deficiency? Or rock solid genetics going hermy?

Doesn't anyone else notice how fat and healthy white the roots look? Isn't that kind of weird?

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

look at the red ass and the "twin tailpipes" that are clear in the first pic. i agree the lack of dead roots is odd though.

Space Cab

Space Cab

Yeah its real odd, there Are alot if them on a few clones roots and none on some but allthe clones look the same. Left then over night and still look healthy as can be

silverhaze

silverhaze

I have to say that it's really surprising that the only thing that's being reported is the presence of the bugs. I mean, IF those are root aphids, where are the brown, dying roots? Where's the complaining about chasing weird deficiency after weird deficiency? Or rock solid genetics going hermy?

Doesn't anyone else notice how fat and healthy white the roots look? Isn't that kind of weird?

Agreed those are some healthy looking roots for the dreaded RA's.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

yes, RAs. drench with imidacloprid, clean everything thoroughly, repeat/ipm and keep rolling. all dead in matter of minutes (mine's from home depot in easy hose-applicator bottle)

roots are still healthy cause they haven't fucked them up yet o_O or try above and if no floaters in the runoff then calll me wrong..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
El, it sure seems to me that given how easily we can observe these bugs, how many we can see, that they very well may not be root aphids. I'm not saying ignore the issue, but they may not be RAs. Just cuz they've got six legs does not an aphid make.
Yeah its real odd, there Are alot if them on a few clones roots and none on some but allthe clones look the same. Left then over night and still look healthy as can be
Well, since that's the case, how about you try this trick I've read about twice now? Get yourself some Neem, even the stupid Greenlight stuff, and a stick-blender. Mix up a batch at the highest dosing rate, and blend that like a mofo, make a Neem daquiri! Drench. Repeat until eradicated.

Set up sticky traps, too. If there are flyers, then you do indeed have an issue that's waiting to explode. The whole scenario just doesn't quite jive, though.

Space Cab

Space Cab

El, it sure seems to me that given how easily we can observe these bugs, how many we can see, that they very well may not be root aphids. I'm not saying ignore the issue, but they may not be RAs. Just cuz they've got six legs does not an aphid make.

Well, since that's the case, how about you try this trick I've read about twice now? Get yourself some Neem, even the stupid Greenlight stuff, and a stick-blender. Mix up a batch at the highest dosing rate, and blend that like a mofo, make a Neem daquiri! Drench. Repeat until eradicated.

Set up sticky traps, too. If there are flyers, then you do indeed have an issue that's waiting to explode. The whole scenario just doesn't quite jive, though.

Have neem seed meal, take it your talking about something like this if your talkin blender, Thanks alot for the help

psilobuds

psilobuds

could be just the start of the infestation. in time, i'm sure those problems would follow.

squiggly

squiggly

could be just the start of the infestation. in time, i'm sure those problems would follow.

I agree. Stuff that lives on your roots in such large numbers is going to be feeding on your roots (unless you have some even tinier bugs roaming around on there).

For my sensibilities, I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth--so to speak--inasmuch as the roots/plants not being fucked. Perhaps they just aren't fucked yet, and we've got a rare glimpse here of someone catching an RA infestation just before it goes nuclear.

It is actually common for some pests to explode their numbers before "turning on" their attack, especially "parasitic" types, which rely on one particular foodstuff. This takes the organism by surprise, undermining its defensive systems before it even has a chance to turn them on. Life is actually a big asshole, the HIV virus proved that to me. Such a dumb brainless thing, nothing more than a collection of chemicals really, doing some of the smartest shit I have ever see an "organism" do (we don't even call the thing an organism, yet its so FUCKING smart).

For as dumb as these little critters might seem, life can bake some pretty cool shit into them. Even the dumbest of creatures can do things which seem to require intelligence far beyond what we would expect they possess. This is never more true than when you have a short-lived "hive" species.

Pretty much all bacteria do this, actually (build numbers before kicking on virulence--a study showed that bacteria are able to talk to one another to confirm numbers)--what we usually find is, biologically speaking, that if bacteria do it so can everything else (as we're all thought to have somehow come from bacteria at a base level).

squiggly

squiggly

could say that for anything really. doesn't make it any less impressive!

You can, but not in the same way as these things.

They are really incredibly basic, super barebones. The line of definition between "life" and substances is never more thin than at the level of viruses.

Technically they are not "alive", so the paradigm holds--but in terms of our conception of viruses and what they do, being killed by a virus is about as close to being poisoned as you can get without actually calling it that.

Bacteria on the other hand are organisms that take it upon themselves to colonize your body and kill you--viruses do the opposite, they turn your body against itself (like say cyanide would, just slower).

The way that HIV does this, in particular, REALLY REALLY bends the line here. It appears to be doing a little bit of both (though the reality is that it is still turning your body against itself). It just looks different and much more intelligent by several orders of magnitude than other viruses.

psilobuds

psilobuds

yeah, i know about viruses and realise that they aren't even classified as life. but our definitions are arbitrary. as classification based on features we deem important is only as important as the importance we give it. at the end of the day, we are still just a collection of chemicals, interacting in an incredibly complex way.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

yeah, i know about viruses and realise that they aren't even classified as life. but our definitions are arbitrary. as classification based on features we deem important is only as important as the importance we give it. at the end of the day, we are still just a collection of chemicals, interacting in an incredibly complex way.
huh? i thought we were trying to identify bugs?

El, it sure seems to me that given how easily we can observe these bugs, how many we can see, that they very well may not be root aphids.
what are they then? do you know what RAs look like? and why would they be hard to observe in this situation? do you find them only congregating in small numbers on your planet?

Top Bottom