Identifying your strain

• Thread starter stevens3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stevens3

Forgive me if this is a noob question, but i am a noob grower. Is there any way to identify the strain of plant your growing? Especially if you planted lots of seeds from random weed types that you liked. Will I have to wait for the buds to mature to compare it to plants? Thanks

7rayos

Hello, it's very difficult, to say the least, as for starts, plants grown from seeds may vary a lot from the mother. You can find particular similarities as they grow, and shorten your list, certainly not from just look at it you can tell the precise variety, unless you got a named clone to compare with. There are very distinctive flavours in each strain that may help to identify it, but there are different phenotypes too, also may differ with just the grown patterns, and so on. It's like get a bunch of stray cats together for a year, separate them, and then find which belongs to the same family.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Unlikely at best I'd say.

S

stevens3

Ok, It's as i thought. thanks guys for getting back to me.

mace

mace

It can definitly be done if you have strains that variate enough in appearance and provided that the offspring are true breeding and not some cross. In other words, if the parents were from the same stable population the offspring will be a lot like their parents. A cross will yeild an unstable generation that varys in appearance amongst other things.

Basically, if you didn't plant more than say 4 types, and you have good genetics and pictures of what the plant should look like then you might be able to swing it.

Top Bottom