If a plant turns hermaphrodite and you later use those seeds to grow more are those new plants even more susceptible to herm than the original was?

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I've got a really nice environment for my plants but all that would have to happen is the power to go out all day while I'm at work and maybe they herm, I don't know. They're ilgm seeds and people on other forums have told me ilgm's genetics are not great. I was just playing what if scenarios. If it happened could I make use of the seeds the plant would produce?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I've got a really nice environment for my plants but all that would have to happen is the power to go out all day while I'm at work and maybe they herm, I don't know. They're ilgm seeds and people on other forums have told me ilgm's genetics are not great. I was just playing what if scenarios. If it happened could I make use of the seeds the plant would produce?
You will get females and hermies

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Plants that hermie from a bit of stress are not really solid genetics. It can be fun to grow the latest "Snot Master 2000" or whatever the kids are growing these days, but with the way the industry works, very seldom are those new fru fru varieties stable. It takes a solid 7 years of inbreeding to stabilize most lines. That does not bode well for income of those dependent on selling new seeds.

If you go with a solid old school strain that has been around for decades, they typically do not hermie unless you force them to with STS.

If you are just starting out, my advice is to pick some OG strains not the hottest newest stink bomb on the market.

Now, if you want to get seeds out of your favorite, you can spray one branch with STS and it will produce Fem seeds. Logic has a writeup in the articles section on how to do that.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Plants that hermie from a bit of stress are not really solid genetics. It can be fun to grow the latest "Snot Master 2000" or whatever the kids are growing these days, but with the way the industry works, very seldom are those new fru fru varieties stable. It takes a solid 7 years of inbreeding to stabilize most lines. That does not bode well for income of those dependent on selling new seeds.

If you go with a solid old school strain that has been around for decades, they typically do not hermie unless you force them to with STS.

If you are just starting out, my advice is to pick some OG strains not the hottest newest stink bomb on the market.

Now, if you want to get seeds out of your favorite, you can spray one branch with STS and it will produce Fem seeds. Logic has a writeup in the articles section on how to do that.
It's all about bling now. The best examples of old stable strains are hoarded for a reason.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yup. Bag appeal is more important than effects these days. Well, to some folks it is. Not to the farmers on this forum for the most part.
Exactly,it's all getting generic.I think it started with bigbud,massive flowers with no kick. Same dull, bland effects ,no energy,no staying power,few laughs,quick ceiling,nothing to be gained by smoking more or memorable and hermies are becoming commonplace as people just mix anything regardless if it's compatible,polyhybrids are the norm and people get excited naming them. One hitter quitters are rare.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I didn't know any of that stuff. I fucking love reading shit like that. I actually just germinated an og kush seed last night. But the other one that went with it was prob the type your referring to. It was Amnesia Lemon from Barney's Farm. I would imagine it hadn't been through too many years of inbreeding, as I've not heard of it. The ones I'm growing now are all older strains I knew from when I was as kid. AK and WW. Thanks for the knowledge and advice.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Where is the article section? I don't have a computer so I only use the mobile version. I've looked all over this site and I can't find articles.

TSD

TSD

Where is the article section? I don't have a computer so I only use the mobile version. I've looked all over this site and I can't find articles.
Under the forums tab, press the 3 lines in the top left to open the menu.
Screenshot 20220603 045017 Chrome

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm sorry, for some reason the articles are in the staff only section. I think it is because there are some new updates coming to the site.

Let me look into that.

Top Bottom