If Co2 burner remains on during lights out...

• Thread starter Bigjj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigjj

Bigjj

unable to find exact answer from other post, that's why posting it here.

If the co2 burner didn't shut off after lights out, but the extraction fan is on 24hrs, and if the co2 level becomes stable lets say at about 800-1000ppm. is it gonna cause damage to the plants if this happens for many days?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

It’s just wasting CO2. They don’t utilize it in the dark. It’s not going to hurt plants

Bigjj

Bigjj

understood it will be a waste, just wondering if the autopilot failed without noticing it wont be a problem if the co2 is not high in concentration right? less than 800 is still safe isn't it?

Harvard

Harvard

understood it will be a waste, just wondering if the autopilot failed without noticing it wont be a problem if the co2 is not high in concentration right? less than 800 is still safe isn't it?
Sounds like you need a new co2 controller. Correctly working equipment is important, any way, Co2 in dark will not hurt them. My veg room gets co2 for their 6 hours of darkness.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Is this in the room you’re sleeping in?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I buy a co2 bag and hang in tent, it is supposed to last at least 4 months.

Treetrunks

Treetrunks

800ppm co2 at night is much less concern then an improperly working burner, if your Co2 burner and controller are malfunctioning it can kill you.

Treetrunks

Treetrunks

CO2 generators can release toxic gases if the fuel is not properly burned and the main toxic gas that is produced by improperly burned fuel is carbon monoxide. Besides that an uncontrolled co2 level can be dangerous by itself, having a co2 controller that doesn't work is up there with running your car in a garage with all the doors closed

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Co2 can be 5000ppm at night and won't hurt the plants... plants pretty much close stomata at night. My room goes up to 2000-2500 over night and when the lights come on the plants gobble that up in less than an hr.

Bigjj

Bigjj

Thanks for all the great reply, but dont worry its just a scenario... my autopilot is fine, just wondering if i didnt click it right or if someone mistouched it.

Top Bottom