If I am using a Co2 tank with no regulator or sniffer

• Thread starter TheOtherOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

My room is 8x9x8, I am or 3 weeks from flowering, and I have hit the wall for my budget, I went ahead and bought everything i would need need and hit a wall cash wise before I could get into c02. Hell I am barely able to keep temp wthout running the a/c all day, so I figure some c02 will at least help them tolerate the heat a bit. I have buddes that own a paintball shop and had them give me a 5 lbs co2 tank, but it only has the regular twist top ball regulator on it. Normally i would just wait and wouldnt bother, but with the heat I feel like an honest swing in the dark would be better than no action at all. So basically this is my question. Does anyone know about how long, at the pace of a slow hiss, should I leave the tank cracked, and how many times throughout the day, also I am currently at 18/6.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Impossible to say. Also probably not very good for the valve on the tank, they are designed to be operated with the valve wide open and the flow controlled with a regulator. I could see it eventually damaging the seal in the valve.

Thats what i was afraid of, Well, I am still going to try it, the tank was free and its full so why not, I will just be sparing and see how the plants react, and invest
in a better system and a ppm reader, its just, budgets, y'know?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
If you can thread a hose into the valve side, output side, take hose and do a loop, 2 times in a X form kinking it twice, the restriction will allow you to open valve fully.
One other thing would be to put a gas cock valve on the end of that hose, then u can open to say 1/4 on main valve and use the gas cock as a regulatory device opening day one for 30secs every 4-6 hours lights on. Dude I literally have a few of the Titan controllers that if u were close I’d give ya.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

If you can thread a hose into the valve side, output side, take hose and do a loop, 2 times in a X form kinking it twice, the restriction will allow you to open valve fully.
One other thing would be to put a gas cock valve on the end of that hose, then u can open to say 1/4 on main valve and use the gas cock as a regulatory device opening day one for 30secs every 4-6 hours lights on. Dude I literally have a few of the Titan controllers that if u were close I’d give ya.
Thanks for the info, I sent you a pm, but also, could you send a pic of what you mean with the hose? I get that you are saying two knots in an x, but I am a visual learner and if i can see it once, I wont have to fiddle with it forever and second guess myself when its done. Thanks

Butts4Supper

Butts4Supper

One other thing would be to put a gas cock valve on the end of that hose, then u can open to say 1/4 on main valve and use the gas cock as a regulatory device opening day one for 30secs every 4-6 hours lights on.
Lol I've done this before in tough times. It's actually not that bad just as long as you're close by and can turn the valve.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If you are in a sealed room with no exhaust and not using a monitor of some sorts or at least an alarm. Just don't. Please. Just don't.

Top Bottom