If I buy a 300W lamp and a 50W lamp, will I have 350W of output?

• Thread starter beginnergrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beginnergrower1

Hey!
I am just recently starting to grow my own plants and will grow about 5-8 of them. I have bought a 300W full spectrum LED from lumeri and I am afraid it might not be enough. So what I am wondering is basically if I need more light and decide to buy a 50W LED light, do i now effectively have 350W of output? Certainly i know input wattage is addable but i have no idea how it works with output wattage. What do you guys think? Is 300W enough perhaps?

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

You want 30 watts per square foot of canopy with leds. That's a MINIMUM to flower productively. So with 300 watt, you could flower 3x3ft. You could add that 50 watt lamp and then you'd have around 40watts/sqft in a 3x3 space, that would be enough.

B

beginnergrower1

You want 30 watts per square foot of canopy with leds. That's a MINIMUM to flower productively. So with 300 watt, you could flower 3x3ft. You could add that 50 watt lamp and then you'd have around 40watts/sqft in a 3x3 space, that would be enough.
Thanks for the answer, i think i get it now. Do you think I need the extra light for the 5-8 plants that i will be growing in a closet?

B

beginnergrower1

My mother tongue is not english so I didn´t quite get what canopy size is. If i´ve assumed correctly it just means how much surface area I have in my grow room?

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Yes. The area of your grow area. You can have 1 plant or 100 in the same canopy size. You have have enough wattage for the canopy size, doesn't matter how many plants.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If there led no, bc if led says 600w it is really pushing about half that.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

^^ this is true in many cases. Your 300w led might not be 300w. Look for actual wattage specs.

Ponky

Ponky

Most LED grow lights are nonsense. You have to buy the right brand.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My mother tongue is not english so I didn´t quite get what canopy size is. If i´ve assumed correctly it just means how much surface area I have in my grow room?
This is a 300watt light (SE3000)
in a 3'x3' x 6.5' tent with 3 plants in it

Latest posts

Top Bottom