If I could get a hand on what this is

• Thread starter TheBadChoice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plants look super dense I would clean em up for airflow... removing any bad leaves...

Temps?
Humidity?
Ppm and ph of feed?
Media and ratio of mix?
Watering frequently and amount?
Exactly how you mix the nutrients and in which order?
Source water and ppm?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Theres some bad info above.
Yes you can get liquid calcium!!
and NO coco cannot be treated like hydro or soil
Your PH is really low that will mess with all your nutrient up take. You PHing below 6 and getting run off below 6?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Your PH is really low that will mess with all your nutrient up take. You PHing below 6 and getting run off below 6?
Good to know. Lol
Just bought me some down to earth liquid calcium. 👍🏼

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Temps are staying about 68 to 77f idk the light off temps but I’m gonna guess on the chill side, if we get anymore weather that’s over 30f lol the tent will run 71-83f.
humdity 50-60%
the last feed was at 1160ppm 6.1ph and that’s two times “” a day I’ll water around 11am before work and 1am when I get off and it keeps about 90% saturation the soil mix is 70/30 coco perlite, amount is about half a gallon will get about 15% run off and run off on the last test with that feed was 5.8ph and 960ppm.
I mix with tap water 110ppm, 1.5ml of amr si mix and sit for an hour than add 3ml cal mag
And mix and adjust ph down to the 6ish range. Than GH micro grow bloom till I got too about 700ppm than 5ml of tea compost and karma which brought it too 1k but that was the last feed cause I thought it lacking, next mix I’m Goni go back to 700range with everything.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ppm is to high... like 800ppm max should be plenty... what is the runoff measuring?

Cold temps you may have to let them dry a bit more than 90% lights on I would say ideally about 80-82f and off 70+.

Have them up off the floor?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh and you ph adjust in the middle. But you should be ph adjust after your silica mixes if it's potassium silicate and not silicone dioxide before adding anything else to it... let it mix for 20-30min before adding anything else then ph down and add cal mag and nutrients then at the end you MUST ph again

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Hmmm, dunno, I treat coco like both hydro and soil at times. Small pots of coco I run exactly the same way I'd run a hugo block. Exactly the same.
And these extra coco plants I keep in the window as houseplants I treat like soil on a feed water water type schedule. I don't even ph or measure ppm for these ones at all. Splash of foliage pro in a jug and glug glug... next couple times straight water. And they're thriving in the window.

I suspect we have a tendency to overcomplicate things here sometimes. Sure, there are ideals and some things you shouldn't do, but the margin for error is bigger than most of us think, I think. Of course... that margin gets smaller the more demands you put on the plant in terms of lights and environment.. but you know what I mean.
20210318 202112

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Oh and you ph adjust in the middle. But you should be ph adjust after your silica mixes if it's potassium silicate and not silicone dioxide before adding anything else to it... let it mix for 20-30min before adding anything else then ph down and add cal mag and nutrients then at the end you MUST ph again
It’s potash silicate, I never had problems before doing first ph adjust after si and cal mag it what I did on my DWC, but I’ll switch too ph after silica and end.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s potash silicate, I never had problems before doing first ph adjust after si and cal mag it what I did on my DWC, but I’ll switch too ph after silica and end.
Yeah thats probably your issue... ph

If you mix a little silica in some water quick what's the ph read?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Drop the karma and the tea also... it will mess with your ratios if they are nutrients
Well karma is a stress helper, and the pro blend tea that’s just compost I like it because of the fish meal and bat poop and other stuff in it but on the next feed I’ll just use the amr si ca mag and 3 part GH and go to 600ish ppm

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Yeah thats probably your issue... ph

If you mix a little silica in some water quick what's the ph read?
Oh boy lol usually 1 ml in one gallon mix it will shoot up to 8.8ish or around their, but that’s odd to me because I did the same mixing practice with my DWC nutes and didn’t seem to have to many problems besides I had too much cal in the plant dark green leafs and well that fun root rot lol...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well karma is a stress helper, and the pro blend tea that’s just compost I like it because of the fish meal and bat poop and other stuff in it but on the next feed I’ll just use the amr si ca mag and 3 part GH and go to 600ish ppm
That sounds like a good plan... any damaged leaves will get worse... I would make the change and flush that through the media... so if 3 gal pots put 3 gal through each one. Then remove all the bad leaves and keep en eye from there.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh boy lol usually 1 ml in one gallon mix it will shoot up to 8.8ish or around their, but that’s odd to me because I did the same mixing practice with my DWC nutes and didn’t seem to have to many problems besides I had too much cal in the plant dark green leafs and well that fun root rot lol...
Yup so you need to add silica first let it mix 20-30min... then ph down to 6.5 and add the rest... then ph to your desired after that... for coco try 5.8

GREENSOURCE

GREENSOURCE

When I get home I can upload more pics, what info ya looking for? My basic feedinf has been 5.8-6.0 ph tap water at 110ppm than GH trio 3 part to ppm to about 600 than about 100-200ppm extra with supplements so totals out to about 800ish and that should be um 1.6EC could be wrong I’m bad with math lol. Always 10% or more run off on each watering and run off comes out around 1.4sh EC so 600ish ppm it’s been pretty steady smooth sailing for an autoflower genetic.
Your ec is what I have, 1 mil calmag only.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

That sounds like a good plan... any damaged leaves will get worse... I would make the change and flush that through the media... so if 3 gal pots put 3 gal through each one. Then remove all the bad leaves and keep en eye from there.
Aight sounds like a plan, now flush with low nute base or flat tap water? And yeah their in 3gal smart pots.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I’m kind of stumped, I changed the feed and increase certain dosages of what I thought it was but I was wrong so, anyhelp would be great

Its really hard to tell from the limited pic's , A pic of the whole plant maybe more helpful, Iron would be something to consider as your in coco, Iron will look like whats in the pic, but at later stage, and is often misdiagnosed Cal/mag , if the newer leaves on the upper part of the plant are showing yellow and the leaves in pic are in the upper part of the plants that is a sign of iron. something to look at.

Edit never seen the post about PH and potash silicate , like aqua said fix that first

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its really hard to tell from the limited pic's , A pic of the whole plant maybe more helpful, Iron would be something to consider as your in coco, Iron will look like whats in the pic, but at later stage, and is often misdiagnosed Cal/mag , if the newer leaves on the upper part of the plant are showing yellow and the leaves in pic are in the upper part of the plants that is a sign of iron. something to look at.

Edit never seen the post about PH and potash silicate , like aqua said fix that first
Definitely can brand new growth will be yellow not green also.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

The first post has a link to the grow which has pics from start to most recent.

Top Bottom