if i were president

• Thread starter indodoja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

indodoja

there are a lot of issues that we face in the united states of america. we have been facing some of the same problems for generations. if you were in the position of power to address our countries woes, what policies would you implement?
i am interested to hear individual thoughts and ideas that might deviate from your own political party. what would the party of YOU do to make this country a better place?
please do not post a, "why i hate so and so"...
would you nationalize the railroads? would you abolish the income tax? would you annex canada? ....lets here it.
we are quick to place blame. what would you do if you had to take responsibility?

I

indodoja

...alright i'll start off.
my first act would be widely accepted by my peers (you guys), i think. no prison time for non-violent drug offenders. we'd go through the system and release anyone who has not acquired any new charges. upon release they would be involved in a program that either offered a higher education or a trade certification. upon completion a pardon and an expungement.

L

Lost

Annex Canada.. That might work.. We annex Canada.. Make them pay high taxes on their pot to pay off the US debt... Hmmm

I

indodoja

ha,ha. i originally thought, "would you invade poland?"
the economy....
it's pretty fucking sad that china owns most of our debt.

J

joebean91

...I'd get elected on friday , assassinated on saturday , buried on sunday .

I

indodoja

tell them the truth, the truth
columbus didn't discover america

I

indodoja

health care is a right, not a privilege. patients are not customers. health care for all!

B

Beeronymous

why the hell would you annex canada? do it to mexico.hell theyre already workin on you guys anyway,why not return the favor.id get the whole west coast to secede and then tell the rest of the country to fuck off and get high

F

Frozen Farmer

Wow. Theres so many things i would do its not even funny. First i would legalize marijuana on a national level, or ATLEAST make it nationally medical. If we did legalize it they could put a 50% tax on it like alcohol and make some damn good profits off of it. I would chop the military budget prolly in half. We dont need half the shit we have. Honestly. I would change our foreign policy to focus on making the US less of a world cop and take care of our own a little more, we could use it. Make healthcare a national thing like Canada has, GO CANUCKS! I would make all state institutions(colleges) accesable to everyone, you wanna go to college, well hot damn, pick which one you want and go. I would fix social security, thats as good as gone for anyone under the age of 50. There will be none left by the time we grow up. Wow, thats just to start...

I

indodoja

cool. i'm glad someone else has an opinion. i thought that this thread was gonna die...

F

Frozen Farmer

Nope, not quite. I'm quite political, to the point where I was gonna major in political science. I just dont understand some of the people that think for us. I mean with some of the logical stuff that they could do, they just overlook. Its almost like they really dont wanna help us. Most politicians are in it for themselves is what ive come to realize.

R

ReelBusy1

if i were president.....

I'd sell off the most unprofitable states...

F

Frozen Farmer

Who's gonna buy em?! No one wants a bunch of worthless states that their currency is crap...

L

livinglegend

i always wondered what would happen if we changed the prison system.
maybe seperate offenders. rapers with rapers, killers with killers etc etc.
drug offenders should go into a system dedicated to recovery. recovery prison.
of course pot smokers are excluded.

I

indodoja

Most politicians are in it for themselves is what ive come to realize.
word. why upset the status quo. just fill your pockets and play the game that gets you elected again. it's hard not to be disillusioned with whole thing.

I'd sell off the most unprofitable states...
ha,ha! is ross perot in the forums tonight?

i always wondered what would happen if we changed the prison system.
maybe seperate offenders. rapers with rapers, killers with killers etc etc.
drug offenders should go into a system dedicated to recovery. recovery prison.
of course pot smokers are excluded.
in my opinion a dope fiend can only recover themselves. this na "you are powerless" bullshit is self defeating.
don't know anything about state prison from experience. i do know that if a man has no job skills, no hopes or aspirations, and no education that he has got no future.

Top Bottom