If Jacks Pro has to much K already what .....

• Thread starter budfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budfarmer

If Jacks Pro is already to high in K what is likely to happen if I use Ksil for ph up ? I seem to be having problems with ca deficiency and possibly N deficiency which I believe is caused by AN ph up reacting with the Calcium Nitrate in the Jacks. Thanks for any thoughts.

seaslug

seaslug

I'm using Jack's and need pH Down for my tap water but how many pH points are you needing to adjust?

B

budfarmer

seaslug I need to move the ph up about 1 full point. What ppm of Jacks do you use for veg ? All the way through or do you change things up for flower.

seaslug

seaslug

I'm at 1.7mS (850ppm) for veg and that's what I keep it at for flower. I'm still sorting things out--last grow I had my LEDs too close and the top of the plants were sunburnt but the understory was perfect.

The plants for the current grow are at one month of veg and the newer growth is looking good but more lime green than I think it should be. I did a grow starting with MaxiGro and I liked the early look of things better with that, I wonder if I'm giving enough N with the standard Jack's ratio (1.67:1 or 1.5:1, Jack's Pro to Cal-Nit, plus Epsom and Drip Clean). I'm a ways from getting things dialed in, been fighting unusually high temps in my Seattle basement for over a month.

I recently started adding Pro-tekt as a supplement but only at 1ml per gallon. The setup is Blumat drip-coco-fabric pots.

If you could post a photo of your plants someone will probably have more informed advice.

B

budfarmer

Hi seaslug yes I am experiencing similar things you are I am finding that I can green my plants up by using Jacks 10-30-20 then go back to 5-12-26. I have read that Jacks has a bit to much potassium for our type of crop so I would like to find another similar product with a little lower K content unfortunately Plant Prod which has a similar product is even 1 point higher in K.

Top Bottom