if light makes plants hermie what about the moon??

• Thread starter budseyeveiw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budseyeveiw

if plants indorrs hermie when light gets in, why dosent the moon make them hermie outdoors??

I

Indicas4me

Good question!The only thing I seen when I had a light leak was my plants delayed flowering and just grew bigger/taller.Which wasnt bad cause I did get more bud,but only happened once for me.

B

budseyeveiw

makes no sense to me... the moon is pretty much a massive light..

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I was just thinking last night about how the outdoor growers deal with moonlight and car headlights such...and then today i realized that the humidifier that i put in my flower room has a Green glow in the dark plastic reservoir. Im only two weeks into flowering and its only been in there for 3 nights so im not that worried about it but im glad i caught that.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I was just thinking last night about how the outdoor growers deal with moonlight and car headlights such...and then today i realized that the humidifier that i put in my flower room has a Green glow in the dark plastic reservoir. Im only two weeks into flowering and its only been in there for 3 nights so im not that worried about it but im glad i caught that.

Plants aren't affected by green light.

K

kripplecreek

Had never even thought of this though ive never really had the opportunity to grow outdoors before this! Its interesting to think that if its in a clear area lots of clear nights the moon could do something

I saw someone post that it CAN cause them to hermie?

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Well i will keep ya posted if mine freak out or not. fingers crossed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Plants aren't affected by green light.
Not true.

Green Light Drives Leaf Photosynthesis More Efficiently than Red Light in Strong White Light: Revisiting the Enigmatic Question of Why Leaves are Green

[FONT=&quot]Effects of Blue, Red, and Green Light on Photosynthesis[/FONT]

It may be negligible in terms of photosynthesis, but green light does have an effect.

B

Badmf

SM; note you quote "in strong white light"; a green light, enough for illumination such as a headlamp LED will not cause anything except you not stubbing your toe, lol.
The moon has light enough in spectrum for you to see but not long enough period to cause any hermie action. I've had em outdoors all my life and never had that issue. There have been grows compromised by highway advertising billboards, erected after the growers planted! You know who you are! lol and the weak light from dehumidifiers won't cause it either but for peace of mind cover it with tape. Note green spectrum is quite different than green color such as a party bulb! Hope this helps ya! Peace Bad...

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Thanks for the info guys. Really wishing i had not used that humidifier from the 70's. Unfortunately for me it was not just an operating light it was the entire bottom half of the machine.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Not true.

Green Light Drives Leaf Photosynthesis More Efficiently than Red Light in Strong White Light: Revisiting the Enigmatic Question of Why Leaves are Green

[FONT=&quot]Effects of Blue, Red, and Green Light on Photosynthesis[/FONT]

It may be negligible in terms of photosynthesis, but green light does have an effect.

Good to know!

K

kolah

have all your plants wear sunglasses. errr..moonglasses.

Timmy Tiptin sells em.

K

kripplecreek

have all your plants wear sunglasses. errr..moonglasses.

Timmy Tiptin sells em.

lol reading up on here because the topic interested me and saw that at the end lol :cool0019:

B

budseyeveiw

when something is green such as leaves, its because the only light that object is reflecting is green. so technically i doubt green light can affect your plants.

B

budseyeveiw

because a green object reflects green light, not absorbs it..

Top Bottom