if my bud freezes and thaws will it be ok

• Thread starter Droatker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Droatker

I have just harvested from outside...now temp is below freezing...have no where to dry warm...will my bud be ok if it freezes then thaws?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if your trying to dry bud in freezing temps your not going to be very happy with your end product

you should pull out all the stops to get your weed someplace in the mid 60s at least

Blaze

Blaze

Freezing then thawing degrades quality from what I have seen. Trying to dry in cold, wet conditions is no good either. I agree w/ motherlode, take the extra time and work to get it to a better environment.

O

og_kid

if your dank is cured or close its not that bad. But if it is fresh like that i would rather keep it under the blakey with me literaly

D

Droatker

thanks for the quick replies...the forcast for around here is freezing for 4 more days...just checked the stash frozen solid...so i guess i got 4 days to find a good safe place...thanks again

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I think you will possibly get mold but who knows... The freeze might have saved your batch. Just make sure the second it starts to get warm they are in a curing location with plenty of circulation and possibly a dehumidifier if you have one. Pics? Good luck :)

jagle

jagle

if your dank is cured or close its not that bad. But if it is fresh like that i would rather keep it under the blakey with me literaly

you sleep with your uncured bud?
what haha

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
4-5 days of freezing prior to being dried/cured is going to ruin your weed

B

bastard_x

I have used this tecnique to kill caterpillars after harvest and before drying. Otherwise i would have came back in a few days to drying sticks. The moisture in the cells of the plant freeze and expand destroying the vegetation then thawing to a damp brown wilted mess with caterpillar carcasses and thc in it . Was not pretty but i didnt have many options.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I always thought caterpillars abandoned ship when you chopped them down - my buddy called them bungee jumpers

T

timmiller35

frozen bud

Try not to ever freeze a uncured bud. You can vapor wrap and freeze after drying for storage.

B

bastard_x

this got me thinking, if the flowers were really damp when frozen would you be able to chop it into smaller pieces and make some good ice o later hash out of it ? this could possibly give you a better outcome than the other option of trying to dry and smoke it after frozen. But it depends on how easily the trich's will break off the plant material in this state.

I always thought caterpillars abandoned ship when you chopped them down - my buddy called them bungee jumpers

hey motherlode thanks for the request btw Ive seen two kinds ; little ones repelling from a half eaten veg plant about 10 at the same time and big ones that will keep eating and eating until its dry or its gone or you pick them out and smash thier little heads and send them to caterpillar hell for what they have done. They were both green and not fuzzy, the bigger ones had darker spots on the back.

M

mdTHC420

sounds like same piller just older with the dark spots on the back.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah there are a shit ton of pillars man - every moth and butterfly is a differnt fucking catapiller

the light on my porch in summer can have 30-40 different looking moths

BT phone home

that shit works yo

I wouldnt grow outside w/o it

(that was very Captain Hindsight of me)

F

f1ydave

if you are growing outdoors, you can crush egg shells and spread em around the plants trunks. caterpillars cant crawl over them. its like glass shards to them.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you are growing outdoors, you can crush egg shells and spread em around the plants trunks. caterpillars cant crawl over them. its like glass shards to them.

that might work but most catepillars dont crawl up you plant

a moth or butterfly lays an egg that looks like a small piece of cotton - egg hatches and catepillar munches

ahhh the circle of life

B

bastard_x

sounds like same piller just older with the dark spots on the back.
if i was eating that much cloraphyl i would probly have dark spots on my back too. They were probly cousins or homies possibly sent by the goverment to do thier dirtywork. haha but realy we can continue the caterpiller chat in the Infirmary if anyone would care to do so. Then these folks can get back to thier frozen buds .

N

nightrampage

i've heard about "cold shocking" ... getting the plants really cold near the end of the cycle... even adding Cold water to the Reservoir... supposedly this will also give some plants a Purple look even if it's not in the genetics ... as far as Frozen though... i'd imagine that can't be good

Top Bottom