If you could do your first grow all over again

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

What would you do differently if you could do your first grow over? What are some tips you would give to someone starting their first serious grow in two 10x8x8ft rooms?

MountainWalker

MountainWalker

IMO if it's your first grow, I would start small, dialing in the grow very precisely and then once you have your system/technique worked out, go bigger. Generally with a bigger grow any problems are going to be amplified, a bigger grow means you'll have a much bigger investment at risk if something did go wrong, as opposed to having a smaller grow, and smaller investment at risk if you were to mess up the first time. The road to becoming a skilled grower will be filled with lessons you 'learn the hard way' at least in my experience, so better to start small. Just my $.02. Welcome to the farm.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Letting two plants flower next to eachother and find out the hard way what one is male. It was an outdoor grow in two 5 gal buckets and my brother and I had a plant, but they looked different but we didn't want to chop the wrong one, so we ended up with a female full of seeds.

G

GirlCarny

What would you do differently if you could do your first grow over? What are some tips you would give to someone starting their first serious grow in two 10x8x8ft rooms?

One strain at a time learn what it likes. I was shocked the difference in quality between my 1st grow and the 3rd. Your results will obviously be different with that size room.

putembk

putembk

I would do everything exactly the same. I think the best way to learn is from mistakes. I have made them all. This forum will help you a lot but unless an experienced grower is standing over you there will be learning experiences. All of us have made mistakes, the key to anything is learning and not making the same mistake twice.

B

Bluenote

Might be starting a bit big.Don't go strain crazy , do something forgiving first run through , make sure you clone your way into your next series. If I were you I'd start with clones first time out if you have access to them.

Be aware that if you're splitting those two rooms into veg and flower you will eventually clone your way into a situation where you can't shove 'em through on 12/12 fast enough.

Again *** don't go strain crazy*** , I mean it's your grow you do what you wish , but that's my personal downfall and every few years it leads to having to cut a buncha strains from the lineup that didn't perform as well as expected or that I just flat didn't care for based upon one criteria or another.

If those two rooms are flowering rooms , well the potential is there for a heck of a nice little perpetual , but you'll need enough veg and clone space to keep it filled and cycling.

H

him

thanks for all of the supplies so far :) , I did see the other post after i posted mine..felt like an idiot..but thats how it goes :P , its not my first time growing, i've done a few small closet grows before...just nothing i considered as "serious"..obviously a closet grow is alot different then having the space to do something nice..

B

Bluenote

thanks for all of the supplies so far :) , I did see the other post after i posted mine..felt like an idiot..but thats how it goes :P , its not my first time growing, i've done a few small closet grows before...just nothing i considered as "serious"..obviously a closet grow is alot different then having the space to do something nice..

Same , same...just the scale is different. And the power bill of course. It's the individual that over complicates things sometimes , as I cited I personally have a tendency to collect too many strains over time , along with at times micro-managing stuff that wasn't a problem in the first place , but then I fuss over my tomato plants and raspberries too.

R

rockson21

if i could do my first one over?

-less/different nutrients
-no overwatering!
-Patience during the final few weeks to let em finish

drunknbass

drunknbass

Id have trained/supercropped them instead of just lst.
id use larger 5gal pots instead of waterfarm.
i wouldnt have vegged longer than 4/5 weeks
i wouldnt have so many under 1 scrog. i cant get to seeing my roots because i cant lift the waterfarm out. i just hope for the best.
i wouldnt veg for 24hr straight. id do 18/6 so i have a dark period to spray them when needed wo burn risk

i already run 1 strain but ill always stick to one or 2 strains at a time.

Cort

Cort

Get the best possible genetics. When you are done, if you did it right, you want a reward. Not a lesson in how hard it is to make mediocre weed.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

More amps, more ventilation, more odor control, better water (i.e. RO unit), better plant support, how to train plants, a ph meter, a thermometer with hygrometer, a better understanding of nutrients, a better understanding for pests and pest control, a better understanding of plant deficiencies and how to treat them, BETTER GENETICS, and come to the reality that I'm gonna make mistakes and have a few bad grows because in the end that what makes me a better grower.

S

spunion

My first grow I had some heat issues and didn't feed enough. Also didn't flush enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom