IF you could start a breeding project which strains would you want?

• Thread starter dailychronic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dailychronic

If you could choose any 10 strains for a breeding program? which would you choose?

CBF

CBF

Supporter
to begin a actual real deal breeding program, i would want to start with straight up landrace genetics.

any 10 would do

CBF

L

Lost

Pre 98 bubba.

And Pre 98 bubba x Pre 98 bubba..

And some Pre 98 bubba X Green Crack (Cush)

Pre 98 X OG going for the fruity pebble pheno..

Pre 98 X OG going for the Purple Pheno

Pre98 x GDP

H

haze89

Pre 98 bubba.

And Pre 98 bubba x Pre 98 bubba..

And some Pre 98 bubba X Green Crack (Cush)

Pre 98 X OG going for the fruity pebble pheno..

Pre 98 X OG going for the Purple Pheno

Pre98 x GDP

Thats not breeding, thats just pollen chucking. For a pollen chucking thread check this out.

N

nucleotide

I'm totally out of the loop, so I have no idea what all the pre 98 stuff is all about. I'll have to read up on it. In general I don't know too much about many of the strains that people talk about on the forum, so forgive me if the strains I chose aren't too hip.

I'm hoping to start a breeding program of sorts. These are the first 10 strains I am starting with, some of which I started from seeds to get a wider gene pool - but I couldn't ever limit myself to 10 strains.....!

Matanuska Mist ā€“ Sagarmatha Seeds
Yumboldt ā€“ Sagarmatha Seeds
Brainstorm Haze ā€“ Delta 9 Labs
Super Star ā€“ Delta 9 Labs
Kush 18 ā€“ Reserva Privada
Grape Ape
Somango ā€“ Soma Seeds
Whitey Almighty (God x White Widow) - ?
Neon Super Skunk
Sour Diesel

Ideally, if I had free reign, unlimited resources and could grow as many plants as I wanted to, I would find the old landrace strains.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
seeds:

Afghani #1
Original Haze
Deep Chunk
Blockhead
SSH
Black Widow
Thai
MTF
Iranian short season
Happy Brother x Chem Ix whatever

Clones

the White
Blueberry
Chemdog D
ECSD
Chemo
SCMK
GDP Ken's cut
Mango Haze Roasted O cut
Bubba Kush Katsu cut
Pure Kush

CBF

CBF

Supporter
hey all, thead starter pmed me, and im sure he was bein nice and not askin here in the open thread.

question was, "so Strawberry Dog was not a real deal breeding program?"

my response was" no it isnt"

real breeding programs dont take place in walk ins, they are not a good plant from a 10 pack across a traded clone. breeding programs involve large numbers of plants.

im not dissin anyone, i could care less what others call themselves, how they make seed. to each his own.

imvho 90% of the commercial seed sold are seedmakin ventures, not actual breedin of cannabis. nothin wrong with makin a good batch of seed from just a few plants. as most can verify, seeds done by hobby growers can be very good.

ah my 2 cents

CBF

B

bicycle racer

depending how you look at it there are no fresh unused landraces to breed with anyway its already been done all our strains today contain these genes to some degree. i do think that working with the most stable of non land race strains for years over generations to make something different than what you started with that is stable is still breeding. but like someone said 90% percent of seedbanks are just making seeds. not that i have a problem with this but it is funny when certain seedbanks have new ibls every month or so.

R

radical farmer

good call, bicycle racer. totally agree.

Now my ideal cross would be The White x (true) Nevilles Haze.

M

MASSES 420KING

personally i would like blue berry bubble berry skunk 1 some pure landrace kushes and sativas some big bud and northern lights some dawg dud and of course the chem family that would be my preferred breeding stock to start off with but if wishes were horses then beggers would ride

L

Lost

Crossing strains and breeding the desireable phenos is not breeding?

Is that just, "My game is so good that I don't consider that breeding" , or is it really and truely not considered breeding via a technical science term?

The Joker

The Joker

Ya know, someone asked Sannie about why he doesn't use landrace genetics and he said it's because there are so many undesirable traits that lead to dead ends. He tried, but it was so much work and like reiventing a wheel. It's like making metal from raw ore when you could have just bought it at a supply yard.

He prefers to start with worked lines so he can work with the traits he wants.

That being said. I would love to pollen chuck with the following Mothers:

Blueberry ( sat leaning, best tasting, high yielding, stoned to the bone)
Chemdog D
Bubba Kush ( I hate growing this plant more than any other plant, it tastes great, but the yield is depressing. I would do anything to get some of the flavor to carry over to better yielding plants. Did I say I hate growing this plant?)

Would love to work with...

Northern Lights 5 ( the old stuff with the nice spicey flavor and the strong high ,overlooked and forgotten).

Sweet Pink Grapefruit

Original Haze

and I'm good with that.

And yes, making random crosses to "elite clones" in a closet is not breeding.

M

Malachi

Ok 10? Here goes

Super Silver Haze
Chem 3
Afghan Kush
Northern Lights
Hash Plant
Herijuana
Sour Diesel
Larry OG Kush
Williams Wonder
Alaskan Thunderfuck

winta

winta

lets see hmmm:

Ak-47 (cherry pheno)
Elvis
Super Silver Haze
real "Piff"
Lavander
Jack Herer
Super Bud
Tahoe OG
Amnesia Haze
Lambsbreath

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Juju Oji A.K.A Black Magic hands down! i will combine this with some landrace, afghan, thai, mexican etc and try to optain something crazy!

By the way well said CBF +K!!

H

HowardHunt

The Jamaican Orange Hill Golden Nugget.

It's my holy grail. If I could ever find this strain again I wouldn't need ten, just that one and I'd spend year honing it down to something that could be run well indoors.

There is a whole history on it that goes back a very long time and even in Jamaica, in Orange Hill it is starting to fade out due to over commercialization. I spent a lot of time on the island in my youth hunting down this nugget with older friends having no clue what they were on about. It was just about the most mind bending thing I ever smoked, a cerebral high like no other.

and if I was to pollen chuck

Velvet Elvis
Fat Elvis
Lisa Marie
Albert Walker
Chemdog 4
So Cal Master Kush
the asshole joe Sour D cut
The Wheelchair (colorado)
Crystal Chunk (southern il)
Monkey Paw (has been missing for years)

B

bambi

Breeding your own shit out and doing it properly all the way up a f/6 really makes ya appreciate the length and time put into making a stable strain, not to mention the mistakes or experiments that just dont bud up right etc, ie- i made a cross using slyder that grew more like wheat,

I myself use land race varietys' pure strains, this way i can create my own origional plant, i no longer mess about making f/1's either, these are far too unstable, so i go straight into the f/2 stage, or will do from now on i should say,

And since theres a war on we can not all just fly over to afghanni land can we, or can i,?

So i use Afghanni number one from sensi seeds, a wide range of pheno types in there land race afghans, some finish around 42-45 days also,

pure strains like skunk number one is a favourite, a shame skunk/1 tastes abit yuk though,

plenty of bag seed sativa available on the streets of bangkok im told, so im planning on trying these out soon,

I do know that the wonderberry plant of sagamarthas has a really cool looking indica pheno amongst it, i didnt notice it untill i made a cross with it, i think the indica pheno was related back to serious seeds bubblegum indica pheno no doubt, i didnt like the blueberry,bubblegum influenced highs so i chucked it out,

Im using yumboldt at the moement, its a pure humboldt variety,

kodiak gold is another pure strain.

good luck and grow hard !

Latest posts

Top Bottom