IF you could start a breeding project which strains would you want?

• Thread starter dailychronic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
i wish i had the original skunk VA Chemdog 91 cutt.....id hit my larry og with silver to reverse it, then take that dust and hit that 91 cutt with it.....find a 50/50 pheno and grow the shit outta that!!! thats what i would do

CBF

CBF

Supporter
Ya know, someone asked Sannie about why he doesn't use landrace genetics and he said it's because there are so many undesirable traits that lead to dead ends. He tried, but it was so much work and like reiventing a wheel. It's like making metal from raw ore when you could have just bought it at a supply yard.

hehe, exactly, in order for it to move along, ya need the huge plant count, then its not gonna take all that long to find what your lookin for.

what sannie says is why there are very few breeders, seedmakers dont have the facilities to do any type of real breeding.

sure takin a plant and knockin up another is technically breeding, but not in the true sense of the word.

did mendal use a few pea plants in his work? was he just pickin a good plant from a 10 pack, LOLOLOL

come on guys look at all the seedlines available around the sites. no ones doin there own thing, everyones usin the same cuts, its just a clusterfuck of clone only seedlines, lol.

back in the day there was one OG one Bubba, now theres more cuts then ya can count.

and all the peeps want it cause its been hyped to the point ya think theres nothin better out there.

ive done many outcrosses with so called elite cuts, not everyone was worth a rip, just cause ya ran Bubba across somethin will not guarantee success.

so many purchase seed just off the name, without ever researchin the seedline. i loved all the peeps that whined like little bitches when there Elite seeds went hermie. none of um had any clue to elites history over the years, if ya just read what he was doin with his seedlines, you would of known it wasnt gonna turn out good.

everyones gaga over the Chem, sourD, OG Kush. well there all supposedly related right, Chemdog D hermies with nothin but a increase in temps let alone any other stress. sourD herms at the drop of a hat, selfed seed of the sourD are loaded with herms.

sure the D nanners are sterile, or at least i havent gotten a seed of the nanners. but in a outcross are the nanners that will show up sterile?

ive done a few outcrosses to the D, the current strawdog offerin is one, i havent seen any nanners in the outcross, but i havent went a few gens either to see how it plays out.

anyway im ramblin

CBF

but no one gives a shit about that, all they care about is they have the D,lol.

alexdubbeat

alexdubbeat

^^^second that.

if i`d start some breeding project that could be:
Purple Haze
Colombian Gold
Punta Roja
Malawi Gold
Thai
Highland Nepalese
Congo
Panama Red
Flo
Chitrali #1
:banana1sv6:

The Joker

The Joker

You are right CBF. I talk about Sannie because he's the only one posting pics of his selection. He grows 100 -200 plants at a time... and that's not enough from what you are saying. Back in the day, people were growing fields. But there are enough genetics in certain lines that can be worked and manipulated. Like finding the sativa phenos in Blueberry. It seems better to work with seed lines because you can grow out a few hundred and see what happens to the progeny. Just because clone is a great pheno, does not mean it's a great pheno to breed with.

I've read enough to know that it's so much work that I would rather grow someone elses work.

But This is Me seems to have done an awesome job making a BB Sativa IBL.

S

Skunkenstein

Hmm letsee..NL#5,SWT#3,Blockhead,Endless sky,Lapis Mt.Indica..Now the Sativas...Alcapulco gold,Tom hills Haze,SSH,Cindy99,Vietnamese Black..Can you Inmagine the devastation that could be created..haha..I'm flying to the Moon, yet cant get off the Couch...!!

20north

purple pakistani chitral .... and something done by raskal like some erkle cross

M

MJPassion

Purple Urkel to add color and flavor
White Widow for some punch
DJ's Blueberry for some blues (both Indy and Sat phenos)
Bubblegum (get both Serious and THSeeds, open polinate with at least one male and one female from each to make a "Double Bubble" so to speak. Grow out a lot of seeds to find P1 parents that match as close as possible what I like.)
AK-47 (cherry pheno)
Deep Chunk (Tom Hill)
C-99 -- obviously some of the best around at this time.

Pollen can be chucked accidentally and make some good plants but it is what it is... A pollen chuck...

Breeding takes a plan, time and patients.

The Hash makers of Afghanistan are breeders in the sense that they choose which males to keep and which seeds to keep for the following year. Even though it's an open pollination there are still selections being made for future generations. ;)

S

SailerJerry

Clones:
Shire
mango haze

Seeds:
Mr. Nice Mango haze
Mr. Nice ssh
Cali connections Tahoe og
Bog Sour Bubble
Rez chemdog sour diesel
Mota morning daze
Ojd ssdh
Og raskels white Bubba
SOMA nycd x g13/haze
Sensi nl5haze

That's what I'm starting with so ill explain a lot later.

N

Nada

I would start with some of Bodhi's lemon thai, some deep chunk, some blueberry, and the black haze, acapulco gold, afghan landrace, columbian, Chemdog D, vietnam black, and Original Lowrider.

I think thats 10 :D

I

ignited

canbreedersbible.jpg

The Cannabis Breeder's Bible: The Definitive Guide to Marijuana Genetics, Cannabis Botany and Creating Strains for the Seed Market.

Product Description
The Cannabis Breeder's Bible offers real-world, professional techniques for breeding primo pot and gives precise growing information for 60 popular marijuana varieties. The book covers new hybridization techniques, international seed law issues, protecting new breeds or strains from knockoff artists, shipping seeds and clones, breeding lab designs, product testing, primordial cannabis, landrace and lost strains, common mutations, and more. This useful guide also features a wealth of photographs, instructive illustrations, and in-depth interviews with breeders and seed bank professionals.
http://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Breeders-Bible-Definitive-Marijuana/dp/1931160279/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_10

S

slimjoint

Some Alien technology crossed with some x18 would make a real treat, grow resulting seeds find a nice female and male and cross some already existing strains like OG, make something ridiculous with resin dripping off of it,
a nice og male to cross to the female and a nice alien18 male crossed to a og cut.
grow those out and and find the best male/female from each batch grow them out cross them, grow out all the seeds find the best looking female and s1 it.

now only if i were lucky enough to snnag a pack of those alien kush f2 and find a nice alien rep plant.

nuttso

nuttso

my understanding of breeding is that u work atleast with 50000+ plants or play god in some laboratory with genetic makup.

M

MJPassion

my understanding of breeding is that u work atleast with 50000+ plants or play god in some laboratory with genetic makup.

Naw... That'd be a great start though.

Subcool got his spacedude from a single pack of BCGA seeds and that is his base male for most of his breeding programs.

Ya start with good genetics so ya dont have to reinvent the wheel. Make a list of traits that you like and strive to meet those goals through various crosses. It's best, and easiest, to work one trait at a time though.

If you're interested get that book that was posted. The Cannabis Bible by Greg Green. ;)

S

SB805KUSH

1. alien tech
2. the white
3. aliendog
4. white bubba kush
5. deadhead
6. madman og (la con x abusive og)
7. Chemdog#4
8. blockhead
9. chemreaper
10.royal kush

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Hmmm, which strains would i want? I already have.......

1. Santa Marta Gold
2. Vietnamese Black
3. Various Pure Thai
4. Grimm MAtanuska Thunder
5. Pakistani Chitral Kush
6. Pure Haze
7. Purple Afghan
8. Deep Chunk
9. A11
10. Molokai Frost

Just need some reliable testers for feedback should I do anything with them.

S

Skywalkin420

i have a mango diesel mother that is beautiful, ive had her since december of 08 id like to work with her a little bit. bring that diesel flavor out more maby incorporate sour diesel in a backcross. that strain originated in maryland. huge colas after 9 1/2 weeks it foxtails! id like try gdpx strawberry cough. i also have a few og kushx Bubba kush cross seeds going into veg in about a week hopefully get a couple good phenos pop up and a few stinky males to cross to the mango diesel. other than that id love to get a hold of some durban poison, that is one of my favorite marijuana id cross that with the gdp strawberry cough.

D

Dubwobble

AJ's Sour Diesel
Amnesia Haze
Catpiss
Cheese (Exodus pure cut)
Chemdog D
Chemdog 4
Critical Mass
DJ Short Blueberry
OG Kush (Larry)
Matanuska Thunderfuck
Pine Tar Kush
Purple Kush
XXX

I have some of these already, but if I could have them all as males and females I could mix and match up some real nice crosses 4 realz !!!

H

haze89

I'm on a search for Chemdog D and 4 right now. I'd love the Guava cut too, aswell as Alien tech. Other than that I'd want a lot of older seed stock. Maybe some nice African land races.

T

the1scar

Romulan (Federation Cut)
Bubba Kush (all phenos, lol)
Tahoe OG
Master Kush(had the Socal Cut, didn't like it too much)
Chemdog #4
DJ Shorts Blueberry
Brain Damage(wicked sativa, have not found it in a while)

Top Bottom