If you had a 6x4 closet...what would you do?

• Thread starter HypnoToad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HypnoToad

Hi guys,

I am currently growing 15 plants all hugged around 2 400w CMH bulbs. I am planning on switching from soil to hydro. It's cleaner and easier for an apt.

Anyway I was wondering how much could I fit into a 6x4x9 room? should i go with 2 3x3 trays? 1 3x6? As for the system I've considered DWC, RDWC, Aero, NFT, several hybrids, etc. I think I want to go with a modified ebb/flow by removing the timer and just letting the table flood all the time with a 2 inch stryofoam raft on top.

Also, SOG or SGROG for this setup?

So, at this time, yield is the biggest factor because
I need to get a stash and stop paying for shit. Also a little extra wouldn't hurt at all. Afterward, i hope to explore the fine world of head stash weed.

So any suggestions as to what you would do in my shoes?

Thanks,
HT

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
if yield is most important then stick to one strain and concentrate your efforts....:sun2:

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

IMO split the closet into two rooms Veg/flower..get ya a continious Harvest every two weeks..and stay with one strain...in an Apartment huh? take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

S

steelyeyes

Every two weeks? Wow. How does that work? I have a veg and flower room set up and would like to benefit from this knowledge. Do you need a clone mother or do you clone from the veg plants before you switch the light cycle? Which strains work best for that set up? Mine are some kind of purple x purple I got as clones so who really knows what they are. They look to be a lot of sativa and not much indica if that helps.

S

sickboy

Just my two cents, but if I only had a 6x4x9 closet, I would throw my sleeping bag on the floor of said closet and rock that bedroom proper.

O

Oregonic

Just my two cents, but if I only had a 6x4x9 closet, I would throw my sleeping bag on the floor of said closet and rock that bedroom proper.

This man right here has his priorities in line!:banana1sv6:

J

jordisgarden

i have a room thats like 8 by 8 almost. not quite and i have mine under a 400hps and a 600hps . id stuff em all in that 6 by 4 ...

Kl5
Kl6
M

Malachi

thats what i'm talking about, sleep is over rated anyway

K

Kpezzy

Here ya go! this is a 42" x 72" space with 2 1k' adjustable digital ballast with options from 400 watts to 1k super.
The hood glass swings down for bulb swaps. The room is covered in heat shield and runs at 70* lights on.
Fits a 30" x 72" canopy.

very interested in more pics of this, I'm getting ready to do a 12x12x9 space and I like how clean this looks

M

MASSES 420KING

nice you made that rite mine looks almost identical except im 8'long 42''wide 67 high im not a big fan of 1000s but i use 600s and 400s and get impressive results

M

MASSES 420KING

line floor get 3 gall buckets get 2 600 watt hps or 3 400 watt hps get soiless mix transplant clones start flowering after a week [for roots to express in new bucket]

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

You should seriously consider an Under Current.....with the new lid options it would suit you whether growing SOG or trees, IMO.

BTW...Garden o dreams? Can you lower the lights in that application you posted a pic of?

U

ugmjfarmer

I have to agree. After a year of said living arraignment you should be able to swing a new pad.

I wouldn't try to squeeze much more than 1000w and a 4x4 in a room that small myself. I need to be able to stand in the room and move/bend over the table to do work. That's just me, YMMV.

You could put a 1000 on a mover, and just put some pots or an ebb/gro setup so you have more plant space. Everybody here will shoot you to an expensive under current system or DWC, but IMO save your coin until you have a bigger room to make use of such a powerful system.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

UGMJ...that's a really good point.

KISS.....then later on when you've got the space and the extra skrill you can decide whether or not the upgrade is worth the investment.

You should check out the Canna Coco regime...solid results with the greatest of ease.

M

mets21

widowmaker, thanks for that link to heath robinsons grow-- is amazing. 1.5 grams per watt is not bad at all

Top Bottom