If You Need Tips On D.i.y....

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

That's a really beautiful room you have there. Nicely done! To be honest that's all I can think of right now without actually being in the room... Sorry I'll let you know if I think of something else...

dan1989

dan1989

That's a really beautiful room you have there. Nicely done! To be honest that's all I can think of right now without actually being in the room... Sorry I'll let you know if I think of something else...

The roof looks like it can take a little weight... How about suspending with cables, then securing to the wall with the same method so it doesn't swing... How much more does it really weigh than those lights? Or could you fit anything into the roof in the outer room?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My lights are suspended with 600# chain and 300# hooks from the floor joists. I did not frame ceiling of the room. Just panda film. The flower room is an 8x12 in a 10x14 max area.

dan1989

dan1989

You said you had 1.5 ft between the outer wall and the wall of the box, right?
Can you fill any of that space on any side? Or do you need to be able to walk all around the outside?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Need to be able to walk by to inspect for any issues (mold, ect). I can use the upper part, but leave enough room for me to duck under. I have 2 8" fans on the back side and ducting, so I'm already ducking on that side of the wall.

dan1989

dan1989

Don't forget to use spring washers when you mount the ac or it might vibrate loose! Luckily your plants will catch the fall :D

Not a major worry with wood because it absorbs the vibrations better than steel, but I wouldn't want to risk it...

dan1989

dan1989

You can point others in my direction if they need the help. Like I said happy to do it and quite fun to use my skills for PRODUCTIVE work :D

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It's still months away. Need to find the right split that works in michigan winters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom