If you use or have used Advanced Nutrients

• Thread starter smokestack23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

been thinking about that budswell. any good to run in sterile aero?

D

DMTx6

I'm in week 1 of flowering and im using bud blood. The pistols are really swelling. Never grown before so i have no comparison but i think it's doing it's job. It's only to be used during wk 1 correct(bud blood)? I have big bud & overdrive. Should i look into a PK booster, like Hammerhead or equevalent.

Just picked up some superthrive do people use that through the veg & flower? I was told that superthrive is better/cheaper than B-52 from AN.
Thanks Mr. Brown

S

smokestack23

Hey Masta..or anyone else with experience...which DM line of base nutes? the "NUTRIENT' series?
Maybe I should start a new thread? Maybe I should search here lol. I've been looking everywhere but.
also been learning a lot about the high P myth. hmmm.
DM sounds like it might be worth a shot.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

superthrive is similar to b-52 in that is is vitiman b loaded, but imo b52 is the better product. its just WAY more expensive. n yep run it all the way through flower

as far as the dutchmaster ive only used their gold a+b and zone. gold bottles not the black ones. high p mith? wtf would be the purpose of kelp if that were tru? i def disagree with that, and so do my own two eyes. not to mention phospaload, gravity products like that flat out wouldnt work

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
phospahoad and gravity workso well becasue of the hormones in them that are not listed on the bottle - if they were they wouldnt be able to sell it - phosphaload used to be called something else (forget at the moment) and it was banned - they simply renamed it and put it back out

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

superbud i beleive. i thought they came out with the potash+ the same time the phospoload came out, so i assumed they split the products. no facts behind this just my general assumption

S

smokestack23

High Phosphorous is necessary outdoors cause it leeches so redily. We don't need it. From what I've been reading,,,,an NPK ratio of something like 3-1-5 might be best for grow AND flower. Can't remember if it's Cal or Mag (or both) but they are used in numbers higher than P too.

There's a TON of new research out there showing this. Most of it is WAY over my head. After hours and hours of reading it makes me ask myself...howtheHELL do any of us manage to make anything grow without a degree in horticulture as well as a phd in chem??.. Sure wish I understood more of what these people go on and on and on and on about lol...but there is the odd scholar and degree holder who also grows weed. When they get involved in those "over MY head" discussions, a layman like me gets to actually glean some useful info and see some pertinent results.

Apparently, high P at beginning of bloom can shock the plant into creating more flower sets or bloom sites...and late in flower can be useful but all the way through...no.
Here's a link to a thread that's over 300 pages long. It's chock full of pissing and fighting and a lot of bullshit...but there is a lot of great info and a lot of links to studies and stuff. If you can stay open minded and wade through the miles of bullshit, you can learn quite a bit..without reading all 300+ pages:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191007&highlight=myth

It's what has got me looking more at DM. They seem to know at least some of the "truth". Now looking at the ratios of the Holland Secret base nutes I'm using, they seem to have a clue about this too.
Now, if I could just understand exactly how the numbers work and shit...I could try some different ratios just with what I have.

ANYWAY...I take it all with a grain of salt and..I'm having great results the old "wrong" way and I'm not really in a big hurry to turn everything upside down and have massive failures for the point of doing an experiment.
Now, if I had a bigger permit that would be a different story...maybe...probably not.

I have decided though, thanks to you guys at least in part...I'm gonna go with the DM Gold NUTRIENT Grow A-B and Flower A-B next time around. That wont be for a month or so though. I aint throwing the old stuff in the drain that's for sure...well I will but not before running it past my plants first lol.

PEACE and thanks again for all your input. FUCK AN....for now lol.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Not sure if this is much help since "Fuck AN...for now".., but ;)

I have used Lucas Formula, Humboldt Nutrients Master A/B, and AN Sensi Bloom A/B(I haven't used the "new" formula..). I was very new when useing Lucas, and the grow was unsuccessful..
Used Master a/b 4 times. Master A/B is super hot, like all there stuff(not to be confused with Humboldt's Own/emerald triangle which is also very hot, but snow storm, and gravity are great..really like snow storm), and caused some burn issues even at 1/2 strength. I had issues with the rots as well...
AN Sensi Bloom has work very well for me. I use it at 10-12ml a gallon which is lower then directed. The main difference I have seen is in overall health of the plant, and maybe a small increase in yield. As far as a price difference is comes out to maybe 10 dollars more a grow(4liter bottles per grow). Unlike Motherlode(who is vastly more experienced then I am, and is confident enough to switch things up I try to stay with the same stuff, and the same strains until I think I have them dialed in. I haven't done a side by side, but since I try to keep everything the same it can be looked at as a side by side grow(with slight variations). When I switch to AN I did notice a benefit vs. the other two.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

nope g.w. is a myco, more for keeping the root zone heathy. hydrozyme is for clearing the dead stuff away

D

danseven

Ok this is what I was looking for, a thread that gets to the real products being used. I am in the 1st third of my 3rd try at hydroponics. The first 2 I count as a learning experience since I never got to the finish of either. I am a learn the hard way guy, so I am getting smarter every grow. I am 4 weeks out of the EZ clone and in 6x6 cubes in a 3x3 tray in a 4x4 tent. My room is being remodeled at this time so I am in the tent for now and may even finish in it. Strains are pre 98 Bubba Kush, a OG Kush that I have re-named because the guy I got it from has quit growing it so I call it D.O.G., and OG Bubba which I belive to be a cross of the 2 I purchased from a dispecery. My nutrient I use are Super Natural Grow Aqua, Super Thrive, H&G Root Excelator, Sugar Daddy, Cal-Mag, AN's Iguana Juice Grow, and B-52. The main thing have learned about growing this way is you must stay on top of your water at all times. Here is what I have to this point
attachment.php

The Bubba Kush loves Hydro!
attachment.php

So my main qusetion for everyone here reading this thread, what is a good nutrient program for the Bloom faze of this grow? Should I just keep with the line of products I have used in the past? Or should I try a new base nutrient?

3x3  24 plant S of G 4 weeks
1022 bubba 4 weeks
S

smokestack23

I don't use a lot of additives so am not familiar with most of what you listed and I don't really do organics in my hydro systems.
You seem to be doing OK this time though.

If it were me (who runs synthetics and sterile in RDWC) I'd be using a leading brand of base nutes, a "sterilizer like SM90 or DM Zone and maybe some moab but that's about it. Oh..CalMag IF necessary.

I run RDWC systems so I also DEFINITELY stay away from anything that says Carbo, Sweet, Sugar, Candy..
In RDWC, DWC, UC...Molasses will get crap growing in your res just as fast as those other "sweeteners" or "sugars". It's a much more inexpensive way to kill your plants lol.

The one thing you're overlooking is rule #2 (rule #1 is don't tell ANYONE) and that is K.I.S.S.

Peace.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

ive smoked alot of stuff grown with the super natural line. the high was amazing but the taste was horrible. run some sweetner in there and you should be happy. id swith to the supernatural line for your bloom base. drop either the b-52 or superthrive once you get into flower. if you have lots of roots space run the roots excel until week 3, but with rockwool i'd imagine those things are pretty filled with roots anyway so its of questionable benefit.

if your looking for a cool product to run weeks 1 and two check out stuff like m.o.a.b., phospoload, bushmaster, or bud ignitor

once your starting week 3 i'd suggest big bud (my favorite a.n. product) or a cheaper alternative like liquid kool bloom or hydroplex

i reallly like'd my benes when i was running with in medium, in coco and rockwool, but when i switched to no medium (aeroponics) it was fairly obvious that sterile was the way to go

I

indoorherbs

I use Advanced Nutrients and don't apologize to the haters for doing so, just to get that out of the way up front.

That said, I'm not going to tell you that you've got to use AN and nothing else, etc, etc, etc.

Here's my 2 cents:

You're curious how AN will work for you. Asking a lot of questions is a good way to get some of the answers, but no one is really going to be able to tell you what you will or won't like. Only the weak-willed can be led around like that, and you're clearly not.

So I would say the only way to satisfy your curiosity will be to try it yourself. Then you can make up your mind whether you think it is worth the money or not.

My advice on that specifically would be to NOT go overboard with the bottles. Get a good base nute, maybe a few bloom boosters, but don't go overboard. And make sure you've got it dialed in right so you're passing judgement fairly.

S

smokestack23

Thanks indoor.

Yeah that's my dilemma. Things are going GREAT with what I'm using but..you know..there's SO much hype (and hate) for AN..I gotta wonder if I'm missing out or could be doing even better.

I was kinda hoping to hear testimonials like...man when I switched from GH to AN my yields and quality increased substantially... but...I'm not getting that.

I finally looked at the numbers on the Holland Secret base nutes 3-part and compared them to GH and AN 3-part. The numbers are very close to GH. the AN ones are quite different. I'm liking the idea of not such high P and higher N and K in flowering. AN seems a little more along those lines...but like I said...it aint broke.

I'm just about to change strains so switching nutes wouldn't tell ma anything right now. I'm gonna have to get a couple of cycles in with these new strains and get em dialed and THEN I'll try either AN or DM. When I do I'll definitely post any results I get.

Thanks again everyone for helping to clear the smoke.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I have used a few different nutes in RDWC including advanced. The AN base nutes I used I did not have very good results with but their boosters work great (big bud and overdrive) I am now using ionic base nutes with these boosters and haven't looked back since. Good luck, hope I helped.

-GC

I

indoorherbs

Thanks indoor.

Yeah that's my dilemma. Things are going GREAT with what I'm using but..you know..there's SO much hype (and hate) for AN..I gotta wonder if I'm missing out or could be doing even better.

I was kinda hoping to hear testimonials like...man when I switched from GH to AN my yields and quality increased substantially... but...I'm not getting that.

Well that is the case with me, I just don't like saying it much because it sounds like a damn commercial. LOL

But yeah, I switched because I saw a big improvement in yield and, more importantly, taste.

I finally looked at the numbers on the Holland Secret base nutes 3-part and compared them to GH and AN 3-part. The numbers are very close to GH. the AN ones are quite different. I'm liking the idea of not such high P and higher N and K in flowering. AN seems a little more along those lines...but like I said...it aint broke.

Don't forget the labels only show what they're allowed to show. Things that aren't considered by the huge fertilizer conglomerates (the guys that sell to farms) to be beneficial (or cost-effective) aren't in the rule books and thus nute companies can't legally list them on the label as an ingredient.

It's like if you were trying to decide between two cakes to buy, but someone had decided that sugar wasn't important for people and therefore couldn't be listed as an ingredient. If one cake had it and the other didn't, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the label.

So until they change that law we can't know what else is in a nutrient bottle that might make it different or better than some other nutrient.

Thanks again everyone for helping to clear the smoke.

No problem, glad to help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom