If You Were Building A Closed Loop?

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabarino

I'm building a smaller scalable closed loop system and I'm stuck between my collection pot tube size. Everything is coming from best value vacs in Canada. I was looking at either a 4" or 6" pot with splatter platters on either. The 4" would be a 4"x8" spool with splatter platter and a pre Fab lid( gauge and valve included). The 6" would be a 6"x6"spool with splatter platter and pre fab lid.

The 4" has a volume of 125 ci
The 6" has a volume of 226 ci

I plan to mostly use a 1.5" x 24" dewaxing spool and would like the option to hook up a 1.5" x 12" or 2 on to it. I'm not sure if the 4" will be big enough but it's a fair bit cheaper to use 4" stuff then 6". Can I get away with using 4" tube instead of 6"?

Last edited:
D

dabarino

@Graywolf would the same principals apply for my recovery tank? I plan on getting a 30# tank is that a good size. Even thought it probably won't ever be full.

D

dabarino

IMG 2872
After quite a few delays I finally got it in the mail yesterday.. I saved well over a grand by buying the parts and building it my self.. I lost the warranty and the system wasn't tested before I got but there's not many parts that can break and the ones that can are pretty cheap and I have gas leak detector to run my own system leak tests.. so far works great I love it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom