If youre in Gilpin County...YOURE IN TROUBLE!

• Thread starter ChickenJoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dorje

Dorje

Gilpin does a lot of knock and talks based on a fabricated story... "Does Joe Shmoe live here? We have a warrant for blah, blah, blah..." This is bullshit, and if you hear it there is a VERY HIGH chance they will come back with a warrant. They will make shit up to get the warrant, and the judge up there will sign anything. My best advise is don't grow weed in JeffCo or Gilpin.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Gilpin does a lot of knock and talks based on a fabricated story... "Does Joe Shmoe live here? We have a warrant for blah, blah, blah..." This is bullshit, and if you hear it there is a VERY HIGH chance they will come back with a warrant. They will make shit up to get the warrant, and the judge up there will sign anything. My best advise is don't grow weed in JeffCo or Gilpin.

Gilpin does a lot of knock and talks because there are so few registered patients that the cops can, and do, go to everyones house. There are way too many growers in jeffco for this same type of harassment to happen.

There are too many "pros" to rule jeffco out entirely imho. Some spots are better for growing than others of course. There is lots of affordable/nice housing in Jeffco though. And it's close to the mountains. I've rented/grown in 3 different houses in Lakewood, Arvada and Wheat Ridge without any problems. No smell, no tell no cell. And I definitely wouldn't compare Jeffco with the likes of Gilpin, Park, Adams, Clear Creek or Weld. These are all places I would avoid at all costs. Counties with Good ol boy network sheriffs departments who collaborate with drug task forces! Summit county is of course one of the best places to grow. But who can afford it? 250k gets you a 1/4 share of a house there! lol

Dorje

Dorje

I included JeffCo because Gilpin shares it's justice system with JeffCo, and because of the very conservative nature of the DAs and judges there you may end up getting the shaft if you have the misfortune to deal with them. JeffCo isn't as bad as Gilpin as far as enforcement, but you're way better off getting caught somewhere else... almost anywhere else in CO than JeffCo or Gilpin.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Really?! I was under the impression that Gilpin county was just as good as summit county as far as enforcement. I mean Nederland?! I am no local to the area but everyone I talk to says they dont mess with the growers up there.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Really?! I was under the impression that Gilpin county was just as good as summit county as far as enforcement. I mean Nederland?! I am no local to the area but everyone I talk to says they dont mess with the growers up there.

Nederland is technically in Boulder County. Just a short trip south on the Peak-to-Peak highway will put you in Gilpin County, i.e. Rollinsville, Blackhawk, Central City

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IMO There is a phone call behind everyone of the knock and talks by concerned citizen or neighborhood narc. Every neighborhood in america has one of them.
The electric company makes money off you.
Why would they turn you in ?
I have never seen a meter reader close to my property its almost like they ride by and get a reading.
They don't look at the meter still do they ?

P.s. They come to my casa I will always do it the hard way. They have no intention of making my life easier and if they had just cause they wouldn't have to ask.
If you have one of those wonderful SmartMeters, then no, they don't even have to walk onto the property. And our bills doubled. Funny how that worked out, eh? Customers overcharged = a common occurrence w/SMs, but power company undercharged? Never happens. Thusly, PG&E is being sued, at least one class action suit that I know of.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Who is the electric company up in Gilpin County?

D

DoobyScoo

JeffCo isn't as bad as Gilpin as far as enforcement, but you're way better off getting caught somewhere else... almost anywhere else in CO than JeffCo.

I've had the Sheriff to my house a few times now, and not once have they tried to pull some 'foot in the door' shit. They have been really professional everytime, a big change from when I was growing up.
I'm sure it helps that I am white, too.
I really like Jeffco, mostly nice people, low crime, close to the mountains and city...But I am biased after living here so long.
And yeah, a lot of ppl got their cards in Jeffco, they know that, and they have a lot of other problems to deal with, so MMJ became a low priority for enforcement (think middle and high-school aged kids on Meth. It was here in the 90's, and in the 2010's it is still here, still causing problems).
Plus a lot of ppl in Jeffco actually follow their numbers, I would say more so than other counties I have visited.
I think many in Gilpin just said fuck it to the cards, and now you are easy pickins.

Remember to register your caregiver activities to a PO Box, or business address (preferably in a different county than you are). That way when one of your dumbass patients proudly furnishes his card it doesn't lead ANYONE (LEO, rippers, solicitors) to your house.
C'mon people, put the pipe down for a minute, how do you think they are finding these addresses?

If you are really that worried, move to Boulder County. Stan Garnett is your DA.

It is funny that you didn't mention El Paso, Teller Counties...Dorjie.
Vested interest? Flying low?
I would also avoid Aurora for the problems with gangs and general dislike of MMJ, and the fact that it takes 45 minutes to get to the foothills from most anywhere in Aurora.
Broomfield has great housing and lots of it, but the NMDTF are a bunch of cowboys and the people there are really fucking weird. But they do have a concentration of good Pho, and the Broomfield Events Center (now 1st Bank?), has some great shows and attractions year round. And it puts you equally close to Denver, or Boulder.

$0.02

P.S. I also keep no smoking accessories outside my grow now. No need to accidentally have a bong sitting in your Foyer, freshly smoked when the heat comes.
Back to the old habits, CIA style.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I included JeffCo because Gilpin shares it's justice system with JeffCo, and because of the very conservative nature of the DAs and judges there you may end up getting the shaft if you have the misfortune to deal with them. JeffCo isn't as bad as Gilpin as far as enforcement, but you're way better off getting caught somewhere else... almost anywhere else in CO than JeffCo or Gilpin.
How do they "share" their justice system?

I imagine there are enough patients/caregivers in Evergreen, Golden and Lakewood to shield the rest of Jefferson county from harassment. By the time they get to my area there will already be quite a back log...lol.

I dunno though I honestly think what's going on in Gilpin is classic good ol boy network, systematic harassment. In Jefferson county growers are only likely to get dealt with if they go too big or do something careless. If you subscribe to the rule of 3/3:2! you'll be fine in Jeffco imho. If you have 99 plants for 4 patients with 25 plant recommendations, then you might have a bad year in court, so don't get caught!

C

ChickenJoe

Its united power

its either the gas man or the electric man getting cash for tips

couple of the houses DONT smell enough to smell it at the street and some are so far in the woods you have to walk down their drive way just to see the house.

C

ChickenJoe

Gilpin does a lot of knock and talks because there are so few registered patients that the cops can, and do, go to everyones house.

LMFAO...just on the one street my friend lives on every house but 1 are registered patients. Everyone you meet up there has their card pretty much and 80% of the people you meet are growers as well.

The only difference between nederland and gilpin is an imaginary county line.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Its united power

its either the gas man or the electric man getting cash for tips

Why would LEO need a tipoff from the electric company? Isn't it much more likely they are just getting addresses of Gilpin county patients from the registry and going to check up on them? I would be surprised if there were more than 200 total patients in Gilpin county. Gilpin LEO probably has the time to do knock and talks with all or most of them.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
The same one for the rest of Colorado.

I have IREA, there is Xcel, and others........ IREA is a co-op, owned by the consumers, and as far as I can tell pretty good about keeping your electric usage PRIVATE!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

LMFAO...just on the one street my friend lives on every house but 1 are registered patients. Everyone you meet up there has their card pretty much and 80% of the people you meet are growers as well.

The only difference between nederland and gilpin is an imaginary county line.

As of 9/30/10 there were 381 registered cardholders in Gilpin. Versus about 15k in Jefferson and 15k in denver.

D

DoobyScoo

Glad I'm on Xcel then.
Fucking co-ops are supposed to protect you, guess some greedy bitch meter reader is going to find out the hard way.
Lots of abandoned mine shafts in that county, and winding mountain roads with 200+ ft drop offs and drunk drivers.

Edit: But they are out of Brighton. So don't put it past the Admin there to tip off the cops counties away. I think there are probably people in Gilpin obtaining the full personnel records for that co-op by now.
And, opportunity for a competing electric co-op, or buy-out from Xcel?

I thought that LEO still didn't have access to the personal information on the database. Just the ability to verify card numbers?
:harvest:

C

ChickenJoe

Why would LEO need a tipoff from the electric company? Isn't it much more likely they are just getting addresses of Gilpin county patients from the registry and going to check up on them? I would be surprised if there were more than 200 total patients in Gilpin county. Gilpin LEO probably has the time to do knock and talks with all or most of them.

Youve already proved you have NO IDEA what youre talking about by not even knowing the electric company up there.

They arent getting tipped off by the electric company. They pay meter readers on the side to give them tips on houses that smell. Either them or the gas man. It happens every day in the rest of the country, colorado cant be much different. 1 of the houses had patients registered at that addy, the rest didnt.

they fucking aint checking registry addys, they fucking aint getting tips from neighbors, its the goddamn meter reader for the gas or the electric and no worries within 30 days ill post back here on which it is.

C

ChickenJoe

I have IREA, there is Xcel, and others........ IREA is a co-op, owned by the consumers, and as far as I can tell pretty good about keeping your electric usage PRIVATE!

Yep, Gilpins United Power isnt any different im sure. Why in the hell would they care if your running a 10k?? They dont but the meter reader looking at a $50-$100 tip for "houses that smell" does. Same goes for the gas man.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

If the gas/electric meter reader can smell your grow, you're slipping! My house guests can't smell, or hear my 36 plant grow.

Top Bottom