ILGM , 2 of 3 runs have hermed on me.

• Thread starter IFukup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I hate to tell ya all but 9 × outta 10 if you get a hermie its in your process somewhere and not the breeder i know we all hate to admit we're doing something wrong but if you don't know your doing it its easier to point a finger someplace else ✌️
I’ve been doing this 23 years. I breed my own cultivars that I have been isolating genetics in for years. My seeds very seldom if ever herm. Only when I introduce a seed from a big bank to my regimen do they pop up. Or if I’m taking a chance running a tester. This is my experience with ilgm, and many other growers here who have been at this stuff a looooong time as well say the same. I change nothing about my approach. Have sinsemilla crops every time. I correspond with plenty are true blue growers all the time, a lot of us have the same gripes and experiences. It’s funny to hear that somehow my situation isn’t dialed in somehow and that’s what’s causing it. 😂
I promise you. It’s not. I’m really curious though. How long have you been growing buddy? What banks do you use? What strains do you run? You in a tent? Room? Outdoors?
You seem to have an inside line on things that some of us don’t?

tomjhannon

tomjhannon

I'm just wondering if anyone else uses or has had issues with ILGM seeds herming during flower. 2 outta 3 runs with their seeds have hermed at the end. Flower cycle has been flawless with each run. No light leaks, no major temp swings. Zero deficiencies during flower. No light stress. Proper air flow. Scratching my head. Maybe there is something I'm not seeing. Ppfd at proper range.
I'm just wondering if anyone else uses or has had issues with ILGM seeds herming during flower. 2 outta 3 runs with their seeds have hermed at the end. Flower cycle has been flawless with each run. No light leaks, no major temp swings. Zero deficiencies during flower. No light stress. Proper air flow. Scratching my head. Maybe there is something I'm not seeing. Ppfd at proper range.
I’ve never had any problems with their seeds and I’ve used them since I started growing 5 years ago.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

✌️ Goodluck to you Ive been growing since 1990 and I never had any problems with them beans but hey its your story tell it to how you want to! Maybe you would have better success not getting seed without trying if you changed something in your process but you'll never know now will you!!✌️

IMG20231222161950
IMG20231222082625
IMG20231222082614
MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Maybe get a soil test or plant tissue test done once or twice 🤪🤪😂😂

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Maybe get a soil test or plant tissue test done once or twice 🤪🤪😂😂
I don’t get seeds in my herb because I don’t get seeds from bad vendors. Learned my lesson long ago. I’m just saying it happens and its a problem. Growing since 1990 eh. That’s awesome. So 33 years to become a smug prick? Tissue culture, give me a break man. Don’t be so rude to folks just trying to have a convo. I’m glad you never get seeds. It’s crazy how I can 250 seed runs to fruition and I end up with 3 herms. My grow must have something wrong then right? Wrong herms happen genetically too bro. You are showing your lack of knowledge, I really think you should pump the brakes here a bit, and go get your self a brain culture.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Naw not being a prick you came off like the prick! You give me a break so you've never had a clone hermie only seeds?

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

The way you guy's throw fertilizer at things without actually knowing what the problem is is no wonder you get Hermie's. Did you ever stop to think maybe High nitrate levels in the flower stage could cause hermies or maybe to much MG which is a bully ciaton which might have locked out CA and other vital nuits And how can you trouble shoot that without a test? I dont use ANY synthetic nuits for a whole round my soil carries it te whole way without usally any inputs other thay bacteria in my LAB or Fungi

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

LAB is Lactobacillus most ppl use
EM-1 But i culture my own for Fungal pathogens that could be in the soil

7munkee

7munkee

I bought exclusively from NirvanaSeeds for a decade and had some stellar results outside. But then I switched to growing indoors and NirvanaSeeds became NirvanaShop and their prices doubled practically overnight and their customer relations went bad. Since then I have found MendicinoTwenty20 and Ethos to be my personal favorites.

H

hilbert

I have a friend with the same problem with ILGM. And anyone that challenges his knowledge of growing is literally a moron. This guy has been doing it for decades and knows what he is doing. He got a couple herms from ILGM. Seedsman burned me one run as well. Lady in the back of the tent turned out to be packing heat.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Looks like this thread has gone awry. There's really not much of a debate about the increased chances of hermie plants coming from a white label seed vendor. Any seedbank that only sells fems is going to have higher chances of hermies. They're not breeding true males and females thus increasing the chances of hermie plants. Yes, environment and grower inputs can certainly increase the chances, but the main driving factor is absolutely genetics.

"It takes a considerable amount of knowledge to realize your own ignorance." - Thomas Sowell

ILGM is certainly in the category of the some of the worst seed vendors out there. There's so many better options out there. It all depends on what you're capable of doing and what your goals are for your grow. Just gotta understand with most feminized seeds you are not going to get what the package/site description tells you. There's often a tremendous amount of diversity in these unworked multi polyhybrid crosses.

If you want to do phenohunts and look for winners, go for fems from some of the more reputable breeders out there. Ethos and Exotic Genetix are two that consistently seem to produce some of the best fem crosses. Most people don't want to deal with the males you'll get popping reg seeds, but it's pretty easy to identify males and females early enough. I wouldn't count those out. If you have the ability to keep a mother plant and want to try cloning, maybe a clone from @ImpulsiveGrower or @Trustfall is the better way to go. There's so many options out there it's difficult to make the best decisions. At the very least avoid these "white label" seed vendors and buy true breeder packs. Have fun learning and happy growing!

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

My first seed purchase was from iILGM. My ilgm seeds were tiny. Only half of them sprouted. I did get a few nanners but nothing crazy. After I had used most of the seeds I contacted them and told them I wasn't happy with the results. I had spent $160 on seeds a year back. It took me a year to use them up. I gave the vast majority to a friend and he planted them outside. Anyways they contacted me back and offered me a voucher for $160. I bought a shit load more seeds with it and also gave them to my friend. I won't grow their seeds anymore, but they have good customer service.

C

climbit

My first seed purchase was from iILGM. My ilgm seeds were tiny. Only half of them sprouted. I did get a few nanners but nothing crazy. After I had used most of the seeds I contacted them and told them I wasn't happy with the results. I had spent $160 on seeds a year back. It took me a year to use them up. I gave the vast majority to a friend and he planted them outside. Anyways they contacted me back and offered me a voucher for $160. I bought a shit load more seeds with it and also gave them to my friend. I won't grow their seeds anymore, but they have good customer service.
Do smaller seeds usually mean there is something wrong with them? Like there quality is diminished or less? I got three free photoperiods from Seedsman and there smaller than what I’m used to. I’m new tho so what do I know.

Cbdfool

Cbdfool

I got some seeds from them 3-4 years ago and had almost every one get a nanner or two. I catch them pretty fast so I’ve only had a seed or two in a couple plants. Probably me but it seems to be just their seeds I have issues with. I got some more gold leaf and gdp from them. All of them have been spindally. I really enjoy the GL but I don’t want to waste my time.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Well according to some people, apparently we are all terrible growers. I think someone works for a seed company. Because you can’t just undo the many many bad experiences growers have had from bad banks.

Seriously why would all the banks send you new free beans at all, at ZERO cost to the growers who end up with herms?
Yeah let me tell you all about how business love giving things away at a 100% loss?
This is because they know they are robbing you, while saddling you with bad beans that have no right going out in the first place. In hopes you are too new to the game.

Orrr, all of us have no clue, and all of us with bad experiences are just bad at growing.
It’s rude, disrespectful and could have been approached in a more civil discourse, but I digress. Some folks ego is too big for full functionality in the brains dept.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Do smaller seeds usually mean there is something wrong with them? Like there quality is diminished or less? I got three free photoperiods from Seedsman and there smaller than what I’m used to. I’m new tho so what do I know.
Seed size can fully be dependent on strain. The coloration, shape of the shell, how hard it is with no cracks will still bring monster plants.
So no it doesn’t really dictate anything in my experience.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I only have experience using these ones. I would normally never germinate a seed that looked like the ones they gave me. It ended up being about a 50% germ rate, so I would say yes. But these were lighter in color too. I'm sure there's small ones out there that grow just fine though.

H

hilbert

Looks like this thread has gone awry...
Awry in what way? ILGM is a crappy company that sells inferior product, just as the original poster has already suggested. What is it about the TITLE of this thread, and the following CONVERSATION in this thread that are "awry" exactly?

And if it's "awry" then why do you follow up with a criticism against white label sellers, which is what this thread is about?

B

bigboerboel

I find this thread surprising. I have four grows with ILGM feminizedseeds with great success. The first was a cabinet grow with Grandady Purple. Both plants had tight pheno's, basically identical twins. A 400W 2x4 produced 14 ounces. The second was an outdoor grow with 1 grandaddy Purple and one GSC Extremen. 2.8 lbs and I was extremely happy with the finished product. Last year was 4 ILGM Tropicana Cookies fem with similar excellent results. I got some budget due to a late season storm, but not ILGM's fault. This year I'm in a 4x4 tent with two HLG 350 Diablo's and 4 ILGM GSC Extreme. I'm in 3rd week of flower and couldn't be happier.

20220920 065644
20220921 134116
20221002 160705
20230913 084725
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I find this thread surprising. I have four grows with ILGM feminizedseeds with great success. The first was a cabinet grow with Grandady Purple. Both plants had tight pheno's, basically identical twins. A 400W 2x4 produced 14 ounces. The second was an outdoor grow with 1 grandaddy Purple and one GSC Extremen. 2.8 lbs and I was extremely happy with the finished product. Last year was 4 ILGM Tropicana Cookies fem with similar excellent results. I got some budget due to a late season storm, but not ILGM's fault. This year I'm in a 4x4 tent with two HLG 350 Diablo's and 4 ILGM GSC Extreme. I'm in 3rd week of flower and couldn't be happier.
Not everyone gets a bad pack from them you know? It’s just that it happens a lot. Glad you got lucky man. Bad ass plants btw homie. You rocked that! 👊🏻🤡

Latest posts

Top Bottom