Illumitex Es2 Vs Gavita De

• Thread starter brownstormy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownstormy

brownstormy

Just came across this video and couldn't find any discussion about it when I searched:

For the first time I see LED as an option at all. The way this is set up its like 6 of the ES2's for every HPS so the initial price difference is crazy. But if this video is true, at least they're matching up watt for watt.

Anyone used em? Anyone know who this dude is and if he's decent?

brownstormy

brownstormy

I got a peek at an operation testing out these ES2'S. They were doing a side by side with magnum type air-cooled 1000's. Those 1000's looked way better than these Gavitas and looked about the same as the ones under the ES2'S.

How are these Gavitas considered industry standard? Is it just the longevity of the DE bulbs? Or does it just mean Gavita has a killer sales team that managed to sweettalk the majority of the industry into buying their rigs?

keiksweat

keiksweat

ga
I got a peek at an operation testing out these ES2'S. They were doing a side by side with magnum type air-cooled 1000's. Those 1000's looked way better than these Gavitas and looked about the same as the ones under the ES2'S.

How are these Gavitas considered industry standard? Is it just the longevity of the DE bulbs? Or does it just mean Gavita has a killer sales team that managed to sweettalk the majority of the industry into buying their rigs?
Gavita is based in aalsmeer holland(green house land).they have been creating and selling commercial grade lighting for the last 30 years,all the new DE stuff you ser everywhere,was invented and started by them.it ain't just good sales pal.they really know growing.

brownstormy

brownstormy

ga Gavita is based in aalsmeer holland(green house land).they have been creating and selling commercial grade lighting for the last 30 years,all the new DE stuff you ser everywhere,was invented and started by them.it ain't just good sales pal.they really know growing.
They seem to know growing in greenhouses with supplemental lighting. I am less convinced now that they're as effective for controlled indoor growing. All Gavita setups I've seen are so far away from the canopy, so much wasted light. But sure seems like a good deal for them since they end up selling 3x the fixtures for the same space.

R

rascali

They seem to know growing in greenhouses with supplemental lighting. I am less convinced now that they're as effective for controlled indoor growing. All Gavita setups I've seen are so far away from the canopy, so much wasted light. But sure seems like a good deal for them since they end up selling 3x the fixtures for the same space.

brownstomy, maybe you should do some reading before you start making dumb-ass "common-sense" statements that end up confusing the other non-intelligentsia...

A

AllNine

I have seen commercial grows with gravitas very high up from the canopy to, but the par numbers where good. Had a meter and was surprised by the numbers in some areas of the footprint. But not every grow is the same. Seen good gear used wrong And crappy gear made work on a shoestring. That's what I like about this industry. Everyone is learning but no matter which way you go, hps/cmh/lep/led soil or hydro, ect... As long as you follow some basic guidelines/science, you will have some type of end result.

dennis001

dennis001

You are right, Gavita fixture is designed for greenhouses, that small reflector is not fit for indoor growing, using big reflector can get higher PPFD.

Top Bottom