I'm a noob! How do these two little seedlings look?

• Thread starter BavarianFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BavarianFarmer

Hi! I'm new here and just germinated these two seeds last week and it's been 4 days since they broke the surface. the one on the left is a little slow and for some reason the two side leaves have been kind of half gone since it broke the surface. The plant on the right looks to be doing well.... there is a tiny bit of yellow on the edges at the base of the leaves. I'm currently using a 400w MH 3 feet away. ph 5.5. nutes 210ppm. 160 cfm fan and a oscillating fan.

How do they look?

Thanks a ton!:weed-sign:

http://i85.invalid.com/albums/k56/dankid37/IMG_0856.jpg

V

VenomPimp

They look fine, but you shouldnt need any nutes for the first week, until the end. let them establish a root system before they start getting burned by nutrients. They will be fine for several days on just water. also, the rockwool looks like it might be a bit dry, too wet or too dry can cause whats called 'damping off' google it...

B

BavarianFarmer

5th day since breaking the surface...
http://i85.invalid.com/albums/k56/dankid37/IMG_0859.jpg

Maybe a Mod should move this thread over to the hydro section or something.

M

MASSES 420KING

no hid yet use t5 or t8 floros and put em about 3-5 inches away give the week seedling an extra week in each stage and it should come out just fine good luck

B

BavarianFarmer

I've been using the MH so far and they aren't burning at all. The light is set about 3 feet about the seedlings and I have lots of air ventilation. Is it really a must to get a florescent? As long as they don't burn with the MH it's alright right?
Thanks!!

bigdrty

bigdrty

get a florescent and lower it a couple inches from the tops. Using a MH U cant get as low and might have Stretching problems at this point....plus its more Cost effective. I would turn on the MH's around 6"-12" in plant growth...

M

MASSES 420KING

No get rid of hid use floro til you plants are out of seedliong phase 1 month from day they poped up

another_sellout

another_sellout

Man, how can you afford to run a 400w MH for two tiny seedlings? You're gonna spoil the things. How are you gonna step it up for them? Same for the nutes. You need to get a 12w flourescent for $1 and run it about a foot away for the first month of growth. Starve them for nutes for two weeks then slowly up your ppm's so you know you're never burning them. No shit, they couldn't be happier about it. The whole "less lank" bit is truest under the blue spectrum bulbs, also. Save that 400w to flower whatever one doesn't throw out balls at you. PS- take clones earlier than later if you plan on doing so. Lopping the head off to clone (once it stacks six or seven, take two or three nodes of stem off to the cloner) and it gives you an easier to control plant. Just be patient. Go smoke a bowl.

M

MASSES 420KING

dont feed your seedlings they have everything they need for there 1st month above ground then slowly start feeding them gradually increasing your nut regime

C

CanadianClassic

Ya MH is gonna cost you the money in Hydro within 6 months to a year extra that you could save and use to buy a good T-5 set up,That in turn will cost you next to nothing to run 24/7/365 like 12 Dollars a month or something vs the 25 the MH will cost you monthly!

Goodluck with the Ladies!!!

K

Kennie_B

You could use t5 or t8 but as long as your are not burning them with your MH you should be fine, just keep an eye on your light distance as the babies grow!

B

BavarianFarmer

Sweet thanks for all the info!!

Day 12
(the white specs are just dried nutrient water)

Chica
Top Bottom