I'm going crazy, what's going on?

• Thread starter Tatace
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tatace

Tatace

Hi guys, I've been going crazy trying to fix this for two weeks now. As you can see from the video two plants show necrosis on the older and larger leaves and as the plant grows this also spreads to the new leaves. A week ago, after problems of alleged deficiencies, I changed the solution and in the first days the plants grew quickly but after a while the leaves started to present problems again until they became like this.

I am running pH 5.8 EC 0.7, sterile tank maintained by chlorine at 1-2ppm, temp 24C/28C rH 70%/85%.

My nutritive solution:
GHE Mineral Magic 0.4g/l
GHE FloraMicro 1.68ml/l
GHE FloraGrow 1.12ml/l
GHE FloraBloom 1.40ml/l
NaClO 1% 0.1ml/l
----------------------------
Nutrients proportions
N 21
P 6
K 21
Ca 13
Mg 6
S 5

The strange thing is that the only plants that seem to be affected are the two that in the aeroponic system are towards the drainage hole of the irrigation chamber.
I think it could be a calcium deficiency (Due to hypothetical precipitate due to NaClO even if it did not happen in the last crop) or EC too high (Although from measurements it seems to be going down).

B

BigBanana

Dang. This is fearsome. All your parameters are excellent. Roots looking fine. Maybe the strain?

Im in the same boat, about to make a thread of my own, have been growing good trees for 15 years plus, now Im stranded. On my fourth grow now without success, found slime in my humidifier, maybe thats it.

Its affecting almost every bit of my existance by now, sleep is fucked up. Havent had a crop for almost 6 months now and everyday I put in about 5 hours trying to mitigate the problem without success… Ok this is getting long, I might just writr my own thread right now. Hope you will get things going great again soon!

Hydroguard is my next option because it has saved me before. Now Im running sterile with Silver Bullet… Might switch back to Hydroguard it seems to just work.

Tatace

Tatace

Dang. This is fearsome. All your parameters are excellent. Roots looking fine. Maybe the strain?

Im in the same boat, about to make a thread of my own, have been growing good trees for 15 years plus, now Im stranded. On my fourth grow now without success, found slime in my humidifier, maybe thats it.

Its affecting almost every bit of my existance by now, sleep is fucked up. Havent had a crop for almost 6 months now and everyday I put in about 5 hours trying to mitigate the problem without success… Ok this is getting long, I might just writr my own thread right now. Hope you will get things going great again soon!

Hydroguard is my next option because it has saved me before. Now Im running sterile with Silver Bullet… Might switch back to Hydroguard it seems to just work.
I don't think I will switch to hydroguard soon, I would be forced to buy a chiller, I am very happy with running sterile as you can see the roots are very white even if some light reaches the roots, rather switch to calcium hypochlorite than when it reacts it's always good for plants.

However, looking at the leaf and looking online, it seems to me that it could be due to pH fluctuations (to which I said: "strange since mine is pretty fixed between 5.7 and 5.9"), I thought it could be due to the fact that when the sprinklers are switched off (15 minutes off 1 on) the pH moves due to the voracity of the plants. I set it to always on, let's see how it goes in the next few days.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I don't think I will switch to hydroguard soon, I would be forced to buy a chiller, I am very happy with running sterile as you can see the roots are very white even if some light reaches the roots, rather switch to calcium hypochlorite than when it reacts it's always good for plants.

However, looking at the leaf and looking online, it seems to me that it could be due to pH fluctuations (to which I said: "strange since mine is pretty fixed between 5.7 and 5.9"), I thought it could be due to the fact that when the sprinklers are switched off (15 minutes off 1 on) the pH moves due to the voracity of the plants. I set it to always on, let's see how it goes in the next few days.
Do not run a chiller with BBS. BBS work better at warmer temps. Chillers are for sterile systems and whoever is spreading this fake news about chillers for live systems should quit giving advice.

Lol I didnt type that above shit today, hahaha funny how i want to comment here but I already had that typed up. Anyways I see some issues here that need corrected.
Id turn the light down about 20% until you get your issues lined out. I would get your humidity down to under 50%, this will increase the demand for water from the roots and increase growth rates. The lower the RH, the faster the growth rates, kindof goes hand and hand with light intensity.
Ive never seen someone veg plants in an aero cloner. That system is designed more for building roots, than it would be for uptalking calcium or other nutrients. I would say your right that it is a calcium deficiency. Basically if you dont add a fogger, or use metal fittings and high pressure sprayers and pumps, bacially you want to atomize the water, and im sure your more less just spraying the roots with water. Again, idk if what your doing can be done with the way your doing it, but if you want to succeed, your going to have to slow your growth rates down by lowering light intensity, then your going to have to lower RH so your increasing demand from the roots and discouraging high VPD

Tatace

Tatace

Do not run a chiller with BBS. BBS work better at warmer temps. Chillers are for sterile systems and whoever is spreading this fake news about chillers for live systems should quit giving advice.

Lol I didnt type that above shit today, hahaha funny how i want to comment here but I already had that typed up. Anyways I see some issues here that need corrected.
Id turn the light down about 20% until you get your issues lined out. I would get your humidity down to under 50%, this will increase the demand for water from the roots and increase growth rates. The lower the RH, the faster the growth rates, kindof goes hand and hand with light intensity.
Ive never seen someone veg plants in an aero cloner. That system is designed more for building roots, than it would be for uptalking calcium or other nutrients. I would say your right that it is a calcium deficiency. Basically if you dont add a fogger, or use metal fittings and high pressure sprayers and pumps, bacially you want to atomize the water, and im sure your more less just spraying the roots with water. Again, idk if what your doing can be done with the way your doing it, but if you want to succeed, your going to have to slow your growth rates down by lowering light intensity, then your going to have to lower RH so your increasing demand from the roots and discouraging high VPD

Uh I didn't know the beneficial bacteria work better in warmer temperatures, thanks for the info I'll keep that in mind. I lowered the humidity to 60/75 and yesterday I cleaned the system and redid the solution, I found many deposits as if some minerals had precipitated, very strange since I use all GHE products that are compatible with each other. However my aeroponic system on the nutriculture site is considered a grow system not just for initial propagation. Still wondering why I switched from DWC to aeroponics everything was going so well lol

Tatace

Tatace

I update the thread providing the solution to the problem for posterity :)
The problem has proved to be the timing of the sprinklers, probably the hungry plants when the sprinklers are off "eat voraciously" bringing the pH of the little undrained water to fall and this in the long run blocks the absorption of nutrients.
Now I always keep them on and everything works perfectly

Top Bottom