I'm having trouble please help!!

• Thread starter 25hewitt17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
25hewitt17

25hewitt17

I just got some fish fertilizer....when should I start giving it to them?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your medium looks contanley wet, peat holds .water, you should have thrown in pearlite for nitro and airation, I hope you have good drainage or you may run into trouble, I can only grow autoflowers beacuse there quick, generally smell less, but there tricly, in my opinion are harder to grow than a photoperiod plant, as everything is time oriented, I'm growing dark devel hates humidity, turned my ac off 6 hours spots, so there tricky and pretty much do what they like

25hewitt17

25hewitt17

I used potting soil from. Plant I bought at a store took em out I added perlite and that's it

az2000

az2000

Fish emulsion's good, especially to promote soil microbe activity. (It will stink up your house though.). Since you used a soil that a potted plant came in, and which may be exhausted, cannabis needs more than nitrogen (and more than a 5-1-1 ratio of nitrogen to phosphorus an potassium.).

So, I don't think that would be good to use by itself. I would feed something more balanced as my base nutrient. Like MiracleGro Tomato (18-18-21). I've grown a plant from seedling to harvest using it. 5/8tsp/gal is the right amount (after seedling). I fed as much as 1.2 tsp/gal without burn (just nitrogen toxicity, which is better to avoid too.). If I used it on your seedlings, I'd use just 1/8tsp/gal. 1/4tsp next time (depending on how they respond to the 1/8.).

I would use the fish emulsion to supplement N. MG Tomato is a ratio 1-1-1.2. It wouldn't hurt to bump the N up a little in veg. But, being your first grow I wouldn't mess with stuff like that. At least not for 2-3 weeks. If you want to do that, I can tell you exactly how much to use of each.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You need to see if your potting soil already has nutrients in it or not. If it does, you probably don't want to add anything yet as your plants are still very small and will only take a fraction of the regular fertilizer dose. The seedlings look like they are stretching for the light a little bit... how much light are they getting? So far, they look OK. I wouldn't call them "robust", but they are still kicking which is better than the alternative. Keep up th hard work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom