I'm In Hell

• Thread starter Ironhead1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

I think it's on this forum a Rdwc someone was building in a 36"X36" tent using 4 square buckets. The unseals on my last system leaked. I manged to save my grow now just a Dwc with 2 airstones. It's a pain in the butt to do ph and tds checks in both 5 gallon buckets. Even before that I was thinking of building another Rdwc using square buckets and pvc. I have time for the build I'm still in the design phase right now. I'm starting with 4 buckets each one is 9.5" X 9.5" holds 4 gallons that have to fit in side my tent 3' X 3'. I think it's going to be a good I know I'm going to use bulkheads, pvc and a few shutoff valves with a 20 gallon rez made out of a ice chest. Has to be a ice chest it gets hot in hell.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

@SoLowDolo mifhr be able to help. He has one running right now that he assembled not long ago.
Actually it's collecting dust right now till I finish up these DWC buckets I'm running now :D but it does run, and yea I'd definitely be willing to help in any way I can if u got any questions

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Actually it's collecting dust right now till I finish up these DWC buckets I'm running now :D but it does run, and yea I'd definitely be willing to help in any way I can if u got any questions
Thanks man I have a least a couple months managed to save my grow from my first attempt at a Rdwc. This time I'm going to use 4 Gal square buckets and 1.5" pvc with bulkheads. Going to design it to fit inside my 3'X3'X6 tent with a few cutoffs valves.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Thanks man I have a least a couple months managed to save my grow from my first attempt at a Rdwc. This time I'm going to use 4 Gal square buckets and 1.5" pvc with bulkheads. Going to design it to fit inside my 3'X3'X6 tent with a few cutoffs valves.
Hell yea bro! That's the way to go. I also went with 4 gallon squares with bulkheads and 1.5" PVC lol

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Bulk. Heads are the way to go man, leak proof!
Add spigot valves for easy draining, and manifold each bucket meaning straight run which tees and feed each bucket individually with cutoff as you mentioned. Use a reservoir and epi, to help gauge solution conditions

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Bulk. Heads are the way to go man, leak proof!
Add spigot valves for easy draining, and manifold each bucket meaning straight run which tees and feed each bucket individually with cutoff as you mentioned. Use a reservoir and epi, to help gauge solution conditions
I'm going to set up the rez behind and outside the tent.
I already got the rez on order going to use a 120 quart ice chest and the run the pipes out of each side run it up the side's to

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

I'm going to set up the rez behind and outside the tent.
I already got the rez on order going to use a 120 quart ice chest and the run the pipes out of each side run it up the side's to
To 2, 4 inch vent openings on each side at the bottom of the tent.
The return line is going to come out a 3 inch vent opening at the back left side of the tent if you were facing the front of the tent. When say to run the pipes straight I don't understand I'm just confused I'm going to to have to use 90s. I'm just can't picture what you mean.

Thank you

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

I just watched some youtube videos made by this guy Beans (I figured if he has youtube videos I can post his name) he was building the same system I want to build with all the same size buckets, bulkheads and the same 1.5" pvc pipe. His is just a little bit bigger than the 4 buckets I'm using and I'm using a large ice chest as my rez. It's explained a lot of info I needed to know, but I'm still a little confused about getting water back to the top of the buckets to make a waterfall effect? The system that failed due to uniseales. I used a submersible pump in the rez and ran a 3/4" flexible line to each bucket using T'sand 90 degree fittings I manged to connect it all to a 3/4" hole up on the side and as close to the top of the buckets as I could get. I used a 90 degree pvc fitting just pushed and taped into the 3/4" hole. It really didn't work that good, the first bucket got real good flow the others not so much only had 3 buckets and the last one was barely getting a trickle of water from the top return. I would like to use a inline pump but there is no way to send any H2o to the top of the buckets that way. I don't know if using a submersible pump and using the 3/4" hose with a shutoff valves that would allow me to regulate the flow would work. This is all because I want the waterfall effect inside the buckets.does anybody know what I;m talking about and if you do please tell me so I can know too. I'm sorry for the messed up post before I was using my phone on the way out the door to play in a pool match I won my 8-ball match but in the middle of my 9-ball match my damm back locked up I finished the match but lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I just watched some youtube videos made by this guy Heisen Beans (I figured if he has youtube videos I can post his name) he was building the same system I want to build with all the same size buckets, bulkheads and the same 1.5" pvc pipe. His is just a little bit bigger than the 4 buckets I'm using and I'm using a large ice chest as my rez. It's explained a lot of info I needed to know, but I'm still a little confused about getting water back to the top of the buckets to make a waterfall effect? The system that failed due to uniseales. I used a submersible pump in the rez and ran a 3/4" flexible line to each bucket using T'sand 90 degree fittings I manged to connect it all to a 3/4" hole up on the side and as close to the top of the buckets as I could get. I used a 90 degree pvc fitting just pushed and taped into the 3/4" hole. It really didn't work that good, the first bucket got real good flow the others not so much only had 3 buckets and the last one was barely getting a trickle of water from the top return. I would like to use a inline pump but there is no way to send any H2o to the top of the buckets that way. I don't know if using a submersible pump and using the 3/4" hose with a shutoff valves that would allow me to regulate the flow would work. This is all because I want the waterfall effect inside the buckets.does anybody know what I;m talking about and if you do please tell me so I can know too. I'm sorry for the messed up post before I was using my phone on the way out the door to play in a pool match I won my 8-ball match but in the middle of my 9-ball match my damm back locked up I finished the match but lost.
I based my system off his videos too lol. You know where the PVC return line is on his system that leads to the inline water pump. Instead of that going straight back to the res, maybe it could split as soon as it comes out of the water pump and a water tube can lead into each bucket. Have them all split at the same point as if it were an air pump. Just drill a hole in the buckets for each tube like you would for the air tubes.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

This is a prototype I drew up of a waterfall system im thinking of building based on the heisen rdwc. The tubes are all cut the same length to promote even water flow. Im just worried about how the water is being pulled tho, and how each bucket may be different based on which end the return line is on...
20190311 073003

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I think it's on this forum a Rdwc someone was building in a 36"X36" tent using 4 square buckets. The unseals on my last system leaked. I manged to save my grow now just a Dwc with 2 airstones. It's a pain in the butt to do ph and tds checks in both 5 gallon buckets. Even before that I was thinking of building another Rdwc using square buckets and pvc. I have time for the build I'm still in the design phase right now. I'm starting with 4 buckets each one is 9.5" X 9.5" holds 4 gallons that have to fit in side my tent 3' X 3'. I think it's going to be a good I know I'm going to use bulkheads, pvc and a few shutoff valves with a 20 gallon rez made out of a ice chest. Has to be a ice chest it gets hot in hell.
I am running my first Rdwc system now, using same square buckets. My advise is to make sure you cut wholes for bulkheads so you can almost thread it into whole. Buckets will crack if you have to tighten them hard. Threads leak if whole not formed well.

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

I am running my first Rdwc system now, using same square buckets. My advise is to make sure you cut wholes for bulkheads so you can almost thread it into whole. Buckets will crack if you have to tighten them hard. Threads leak if whole not formed well.
In the video he used a 2 1/2" holesaw? I have a couple of buckets I can experiment with I'm wondering if going with a 2 1/4 holesaw?
The ultimate I think would having to screw in the bulkheads into the buckets?

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

I'm sorry that's what you said. What can I say I'm stoned and using a tablet to post on

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

In the video he used a 2 1/2" holesaw? I have a couple of buckets I can experiment with I'm wondering if going with a 2 1/4 holesaw?
The ultimate I think would having to screw in the bulkheads into the buckets?
I used whatever size he used and I still had to shave some plastic off just to get them to fit in the hole

Indiva710

Indiva710

I don't recommend being able to thread the bulkheads into the buckets as it will bow the plastic and it will not be flat and it will put pressure and won't have a good deal just get em as tight as possible but will slide in the hole..but it needs to be a snug fit

Indiva710

Indiva710

Using a deburring tool is a must have as it's easy to make the whole a hair bigger if need be and very easy.....cheap too....

Latest posts

Top Bottom