Im in need of a mentor.

• Thread starter hellaWORD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hellaWORD

Hello THC world im aram and im looking for some one that knows hydroponics in-and-outt! Im on my 2nd indoor grow and i want this one too count. Im using a 4x4 tent with 1 400 watt sun system. Would it be very benificail too add my sun system2 to my tent adding another 36,000 lumes??:thinking

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
2 400s in that tent would be way better

I use 1000 watts per 4 x 4

B

Bobby Smith

2 400s in that tent would be way better

I use 1000 watts per 4 x 4

All of this above, but if money is super tight and depending on your growing style, a 400 hung vertically in your tent would do much better than horizontal, IMO.

H

hellaWORD

cool im leaning towards hanging the 2nd 400 but i have one concern cause the sun system2 is rather heavy since the ballast is built into the fixture.. 420 im using the water farm units along with fox farm nutes.

H

hellaWORD

yeaah im deff leaning towards hanging the 2nd 400 but the only thing is that its crazy heavy since the ballast is built-into thhe fixture..do you think the ten till be sturdy enough to hold the two? i have 8 wtaer farm buckets that im using 420 btw

R

robz

All of this above, but if money is super tight and depending on your growing style, a 400 hung vertically in your tent would do much better than horizontal, IMO.

I'm getting great results in my tent with 1 400 Watt. But Useing it for veg only.

S

SSHZ

600 watts, horizontally mounted would be fine. 1000 watts will give you more final weight and more heat issues. Light bleaching is also a possibility. Certain strains like more light (kushes) and will do much better under high light, other strains don't need it that intense. As a beginner, stay will the 600 watts initially and upgrade (or add more light) later on.......

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

^^^ sorry but i respectfully totally disagree. i personally like to buy what will be my final product the first time and not waste money on 600's to just upgrade later. if you do your homework and research and promptly post concerns here and figure out who to trust or at least wait for multiple responses so you can seen a general consensus in the correct answer to your question i think your good. your investment should match your ambition and RESEARCH. as long as those things align and you have some sense you'll be fine.

hellaWORD
the bigger you go the more potential issues but no one here knows what you're capable of but you man. that sun system 2 is a 250w light right? it would help but to really get the most out of your 4 x 4 a 1k light would be ideal. you would have to air cool a 1k but as long as you do that the temps in the tent should stay within a acceptable range in a normal temperature home.

because your footprint is only 4 x 4 a single 1k would do more for you then multiple smaller lights. a 1k will adequately cover a 4 x 4 and the difference between that and your two lights is how deep into the plant a 1k light can penetrate and make good solid buds. you will get better bigger buds from the top of the plant to the bottom using that 1k then you would ever get with a 400 and a 250 or even 2 400's in that space because no matter how many 400's you have they just cant penetrate as far down the plant to make good buds as a 1k!

if i were you I'd start researching SCROG. i see lots of guys running a 400 for flower and using a screen and pulling good yields considering how big there light is. in growing there is no right or wrong way you pick methods you like and you dial that shit in to squeeze as much out of it as possible.

S

SSHZ

He already owns a 400 watter. Buy the 600 and use it initially- add the 400 watts too when you gather some additional experience............. these type of decisions should be based on the strain as much as anything.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i though his question was should he add the second 400 watt light he already has

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Re: 600 vs 1000 - the new Quantum digital ballasts can be run @1k w/ 1k bulb, or switched down to 600w with either a 1k or 600w bulb. That, with a cool tube is a pretty flexible setup.

This is a 400w in a 3x3 (vert scrog attempt)
Day_18_-_1.jpg

Day_18_-_2.jpg

H

hellaWORD

haha yes mother load that was the question! thank u guys for all the helpful info i like this site alot. And as of lastnight i hung the 2nd 400 noticed the tent was getting alot hotter so i pulled out the old ac window unit now temp is around 71 to 77=] im thinking my grow will be hella solid with all u OG growers ! post my pics asap

H

hellaWORD

any tips on not getting the green-ish build up on lavabeads and drip rings? this shit cant be good for me or my babies..

B

Bobby Smith

any tips on not getting the green-ish build up on lavabeads and drip rings? this shit cant be good for me or my babies..

Algae needs light and moisture to grow, so remove one or both of those and you'll be fine.

Put the drip rings under a layer of lava so that the light doesn't hit them directly and the top layer of lava stays dry.

Also, grab some H2O2 and add to your reservoir (hates algae like it stole H2O2's girl).

Of course, in a week or two the plant growth should be sufficient to block most of the light that was hitting the rings anyways, so it's your call if you wanna go to the trouble or not in the meantime.

H

hellaWORD

fuck yah bobby smith makes perfect sense im gettin on that asap. and mother load when referring too plastic panda i take it that mylar hahaa? thanks people alot! ==]

H

hellaWORD

oh and and im growing hash plant from seeds too. sanctuary seeds out in Humbolt county

F

FOUR20

nah panda plastic is the black/white, mylar is the metal shiny shit butt yeee u gotta bury ur drip rings nxt time andddddd make a dam screen! u can just integrate it into the frame of your tent, just make a level plane iwth 3 strings long by like 4 or 5 strings wide?

P

Ptone

If your running 400w magnetic ballasts... Look into Ceramic Metal Halides. You won't be sorry.

Cheers

Top Bottom