I'm Interested In Buying A Dog.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Right now I'm looking for a breed that is good with the family, offers a little home protection and a high energy level. It will have to be a large dog. 55lbs + . Also a nice looking dog that won't have a problem with our hot n humid summers. Suggestions?

Reactions: Goz
Toaster79

Toaster79

Don't buy a dog. Adopt one. There are too many homeless anymals out there which when adopted are thankful for the rest of their too short lives. If you're looking for high energy level breed go for a sighthound. There are plenty of greyhounds 1-2 years old ready for adoption. There large but real sweethearts. Can be well trained and are really thankful once adapted to their new homes and also very well protective. You coulg also go for a saluki or saluki cross. The one in my avatar is a saluki cross just 10 months old and weighs 50lbs. I'm guessing there is a white lab in this cross. Easy to train and a real family dog. He was adopted at 6 months age. House trained in 3 days.

There are more than enough kennels and shelters to pick one from there, you just need to look for.

Last edited:
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

American PitBull terrier
Buy!?
When the humane society has wonderful dogs whose lives you could save?

It's a 10 - 15 year commitment.
Please, do yourself a favor.
Drop on by and see if the perfect dog for you is on death row first.
You don't have to adopt, but when you find love there it'll last the life of the dog.

I speak from experience.
picture.php

Aloha,
Weeze

velocity

velocity

Collie you can get a lassie or a border collie. They are loyal, protective over 55 lbs. As far as heat take to groomer and get a shave in april be fine through summer.
I had a black and white border collie growing up, male 85 lbs. Didnt matter who you were, how many times had been over you didnt get out of your car without us there. He was hit by a car at 9 months, we never trained him but non family yeah you would think you were going to get ate but never bit anyone, no one had the sack to call his bluff. Very loving dog.

Collies as a breed very smart, tons of energy,loyal,protective. They are working herding dogs. Theres long and medium hair lengths. Black and white variants common some have brown mixed in also.
If want a short hair, tough,smart loyal,protective blue healer. Blue healer are wotking herding dogs with cattle. Seen them get stomped because hit the ground in front of 50 pissed off full grown cows on dead run. Once the healer stopped rolling he got up ran right in midle of those cows a cut 8 cows out that were needing looked at. To me nothing as tough, loyal,energy or attitude if screw up as a blue healer

Heres a couple border pics.

Images 203
Images 201
Images 202

velocity

velocity

Heres my pooch, he was from spca. Tough going there want to take them all home. But I can understand if want to buy a certain breed. Bad thing with him you smoke without him you pay the price, something gets destroyed when go to sleep.
Jeffery

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Awesome pets everybody.I've always had pits.I do recommend looking at both parents,and staying under 60 lbs.a 60 lb pit per square inch has enough power to handle any task.[20 , I'm not saying you can't find an ideal dog at the pound,but just like a wife,it's good to get a preview of what you're in for.Ridgebacks are cool too

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

rottweiler if u can find one from pound. i've met several rescue rott's and are now attending schutzhund. and they are very smart dogs. and they pick it up pretty quick. the rescues were lvl 3 schutzhund. If u cant find a rottweiler, look for a GSD or Malinois. I like pitbulls very much. and i just love their personalities, but if you're looking for protection, i'd go for a rott, gsd, malinois. i know my pitbull is a bit too friendly than i like it to be (yes you pitbull owners know exactly what i'm talking about, they LOOK mean, but they're such marshmallows!!!!), but i mean it's up to u.

2DogWalker

If your really looking for a high energy loyal dog just go to the pound and get yourself a hound... Honestly tho I have a treeing walker coonhound and he is the most loving intelligent friend I could ask for, he can be trying at times but he always makes it up to you...

2dogwalker

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

we had a basset hound for 10+ years growing up. the BEST damn dog ever. we also lived in central Florida. HOT and HUMID 75% of the year. as soon as my son is old enough we will be getting another basset hound.

juggernaut

juggernaut

We have 1 rescued dog already. We will be buying a rural property and setting it up as a dog rescue shelter. Dogs are very important to me. Still not sure what I'm doing for now. I still want a malinois shephard or a german shephard and we will rescue hundreds of dogs and give them a good life.

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

20131017 123748
20141212 120849
Good with kids ? Loyal ? Sweetest demeanor but will still take a bite outta crime when crime comes into your home....Chocolate Lab - adopted at 3 y.o. in 2006 from a shelter in Utah.....best dog ever......
Bull Mastiff's are also sweethearts but look mean as f*ck ! ! ! Great family dog in Mastiff's as well...

Big Deez after a muddy creek swim - too cool of a dog ! ! !

Top Bottom