Im moving to Oregon & need advice for Medical Marijuana?

• Thread starter Jeffery Orbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jeffery Orbit

Hi all I am new to the forums here you all can call me Jeffery Orbit!
I will post a intro post a little later I just have a few questions

I am moving from Florida soon to Oregon & I wanted to get a little more details from a medical patient then the a registration website with vague details

I know I need an address & state ID & doctor referral

But what else do I need for a 30 year old male with medical problems?
multiple sclerosis. chronic pain I have dead nerves in my knee skin feels like deep razor cut with fire being poked into 24/7 plus back pains to the point of not standing on cold days I have major insomnia where I stay awake for days at a time & only fall asleep from exhaustion I also have Pectus Carinatum my chest bows outward

Problems 1st
1. I have had minor drug charges in Fl for Cannabis possession all charges were either wiped clean or a year of probation completed with no jail time other then the day I was arrested
2. I have no primary care physician in Florida OR Oregon
3. I don't have medical Insurance & I cant qualify for medicaid
I apply once a month to be denied by Florida & I need a primary care physician referral to qualify for disability or SSI

Questions
1. How long must I live in the state to qualify?
2. what should I provide what do I need for the doctor to qualify for a referral?
3. besides ID & doctor referral what else will I need?
4. Can I get a Medical Referral with out a primary care physician?
5. How long will it take to qualify & receive a Medical License once I have everything?
6. what are some of the things that would keep me from qualifying?
7. what all does the doctor neeed to know what should I tell them & what shouldn't I say to qualifying?
8. will I need to bring anything if I have OLD drug charges to show its completed?

I feel like I am leaving something out with the questions but I am sure someone may fill that in for me with advice

J

Jeffery Orbit

I knew I forgot something I am not currently taking any prescription medications illegal or other wise or smoking to flush my system

I am using the spice incense as I have find it to be a good sub & I have researched it deeply & feel safe using it to a point

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

You should be fine, and you really dont gotta quit smokin unless you want to. Getting your med card is alot easier then I thought it would be. (Dont know why I waited so long)
Not sure if you have to be a resident, tho I dont think you do cuz other folks who dont live here (all the time) have 1.
About the drug charges..I think you'll be fine. If that was a problem, I'd think lots of dudes wouldnt have their card. Once you get here and talk to folks you'll see it aint that hard to get 1. (if you have legit med probs) GL bro. -PDX

T

TreFarmer

Any state ID;)

Are you prescribed at the moment any pain meds..
must show Chronic pain

Goid luck feel free to pm when you are able

J

Jeffery Orbit

Any state ID;)

Are you prescribed at the moment any pain meds..
must show Chronic pain

Goid luck feel free to pm when you are able

I don't have any medical Insurance of any kind & I cant qualify for medicaid in Florida I don't have any kids that would help & I am at an age in Florida that I don't qualify for medicaid & I need a primary care physicians referral to qualify or to even apply for disability or SSI & with no primary care physician all I have to prove pain is ER visits I can't get in to see a doctor like I have never had a primary care physician after age 18 I have been on my own for medical problems

When I was younger I had emergency 6 months medicaid but the process of get in to the doctor getting blood work done & evertying that by the time I got in to see a doctor my medicaid would end

So anything I have problems with I just go to the ER & I end up having to pay out of pocket for visits, medications, & everything else

J

Jeffery Orbit

Once I get to Oregon & get in to my apartment & get an Oregon ID I am gonna try to apply for medicaid & everything in Oregon So I hope I have better luck with medicaid in Oregon

Graywolf

Graywolf

Once I get to Oregon & get in to my apartment & get an Oregon ID I am gonna try to apply for medicaid & everything in Oregon So I hope I have better luck with medicaid in Oregon

In your condition, if you take your medical records to one of the MMJ clinics with an attending physician, they will examine you themselves and sign your required physicians statement.

With that statement in hand, you can go to one of the state offices with a filled application form and money, and walked away with stamped paperwork that qualifies you to participate in the OMMP program immediately, though not on the spot, in the state building.

Getting meds afterwards is more of an issue, as Oregon has no dispensaries. The OMMP laws are set up to allow you to grow your own, or for you to pay the actual expenses for someone to grow for you, but cannabis can't be sold in any form and labor, as well as facility rent costs are excluded.

The good news, is there are local support groups exchanging growing information, clones, and general assistance.

You have to pay close attention to win, as there are also some groups out there taking advantage of patients, but at others, growers regularly donate surplus harvest pro bono to new patients requesting assistance, until they can complete a harvest or set up a grower contract.

Where in Oregon would you be moving to?

J

Jeffery Orbit

In your condition, if you take your medical records to one of the MMJ clinics with an attending physician, they will examine you themselves and sign your required physicians statement.

With that statement in hand, you can go to one of the state offices with a filled application form and money, and walked away with stamped paperwork that qualifies you to participate in the OMMP program immediately, though not on the spot, in the state building.

Getting meds afterwards is more of an issue, as Oregon has no dispensaries. The OMMP laws are set up to allow you to grow your own, or for you to pay the actual expenses for someone to grow for you, but cannabis can't be sold in any form and labor, as well as facility rent costs are excluded.

The good news, is there are local support groups exchanging growing information, clones, and general assistance.

You have to pay close attention to win, as there are also some groups out there taking advantage of patients, but at others, growers regularly donate surplus harvest pro bono to new patients requesting assistance, until they can complete a harvest or set up a grower contract.

Where in Oregon would you be moving to?

I don't have medical records because I do not have ANY KIND OF INSURANCE or a Primary Care Physician I wouldnt even know where to start to find medical records other then emergency room visit records & admissions that is seriously all I have!!

What would I have to do?

Graywolf

Graywolf

I don't have medical records because I do not have ANY KIND OF INSURANCE or a Primary Care Physician I wouldnt even know where to start to find medical records other then emergency room visit records & admissions that is seriously all I have!!

What would I have to do?

I would take the emmergency room records to a MMJ clinic doctor, and tell him what you just said. They are licensed doctors and perfectly qualified to examine you themselves.

If you have legitimate qualifying health issues, I predict you wouldn't have any problems.

A local anti MMJ newspaper reporter and some cops have gone to clinics with false papers and out right lied, yet still got certified, if that is any measure of difficulty.

T

TreFarmer

;)
Again... are you prescibed any meds for pain?? Not worried about insurance... pills, pharma, ludes man;)

T

TreFarmer

You "need" two visits within two years... or an onging presription for pain, cacechia(sp?)
Get on Oregon Medical Marijuana Program's website!
Helped me avoid a needless drive over...
Some docs will give you an OK, for a good cough... Aurora is not this kinda place!! Therefore if in PDX area... good guys and they do Washington recommends also.. checck the validity on these for yourself.. I cannot say, but as an add-on during my visit was ½ price so HELL YAH!!
Good luck;)

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Good Luck with that. Not trying to be a d!ck, but its kinda hard to get med insurance in Oregon,unless you're a single/pregnant mom. And being a man, you have very little chance if any. Sorry to be a wet blanket but Its just how it is right now. I dont have it either, so I had to visit urgent care and the ER to get in my Dr. visits. Also, there IS a minimum of 90 days between Dr. visits. At least thats what I was told. (and had to do) So yeah, I now owe the hospital but it was/is worth it. Dont have as much pain as before either. If you're determined, and have health probs, you can get it. -PDX

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Jesus, don't go to an ER. Go to zoom care facility or whatever. The ER is sooooo expensive because it has to deal with.. well, nevermind. But yeah, at LEAST two doctor visits spaced 90 days apart as well as evidence that your trying something else to ease the pain. I went to the chiropractor and massage therapist.

And what's up with just moving to a new state and immediately latching on to its teet and trying to suck it? If you don't have the money to move and take care of yourself or a job in Oregon, maybe you shouldn't be moving here?

J

Joe Blow

How old is your drug conviction and what class of a crime is it? You're going to have to do something about getting some records because there isn't a single clinic in Oregon that's even going to set an appointment without seeing some. It might require you to pony up some cash and pay a doctor to get some paperwork. You don't have to mention medical marijuana to this doctor either, and I suggest you don't. As far as getting the insurance here in Oregon...well good luck with that. The public health system is at full capacity here just like it is everywhere else in this nation. I have Oregon Health Plan, but only because I'm a college student. There are some situations that will get you through the line of people faster and educating yourself is one option. Last I heard the OHP has a waiting list that you can put your name on as well. When your name comes up you get insurance. I don't believe there is any length of time that you have to be a resident here to become a patient either. The state will accept out of state ID/DL as identification so this is why I don't believe there is any "waiting period."

vRikuu

vRikuu

Medical Marijuana Procurement

I don't have any medical Insurance of any kind & I cant qualify for medicaid in Florida I don't have any kids that would help & I am at an age in Florida that I don't qualify for medicaid & I need a primary care physicians referral to qualify or to even apply for disability or SSI & with no primary care physician all I have to prove pain is ER visits I can't get in to see a doctor like I have never had a primary care physician after age 18 I have been on my own for medical problems

When I was younger I had emergency 6 months medicaid but the process of get in to the doctor getting blood work done & evertying that by the time I got in to see a doctor my medicaid would end

So anything I have problems with I just go to the ER & I end up having to pay out of pocket for visits, medications, & everything else

You can use the ER record you have from FL. I used my ER record from
TX. plus a clinic visit from Portland and I received from papers last week. I'm waiting for my card to come in the mail. If you are low on funds you can do the following: see a doctor at the Multnomah County Heath Dept. 426 SW Stark Street Portland, OR. ( $20) Phone (503)988-5558 and if you apply for an ETB card at DHS 50 SW 2nd Ave. Portland, OR.
Then you can drop the cost from $200 to $100 to get your card.
Further, it will cost $20 with proof of receipt of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) monthly benefits.
Growsite Registration Fee If the designated grower is someone other than the patient, a growsite registration fee of $50 will be required in addition to the application fee.:cool0019:

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Do I have to be worried about my porwer usage being monitored? If I didn't have close neighbors and had 12 lights is that something to be worried about? Are there a lot of pot bust in oregon indoor scenes?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Do I have to be worried about my porwer usage being monitored? If I didn't have close neighbors and had 12 lights is that something to be worried about? Are there a lot of pot bust in oregon indoor scenes?
The ones that do it and abuse it are the ones getting busted like stealing power, fires etc. Don't draw attention to your self.and keep the smell down.I have been growing for 5 yrs rural , and never been checked .Indoor of course.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
i know a few disp owners and everyone complains about stomach aches then are diagnosis with IBS and get there cards. Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Top Bottom