Im New And have some Questions.

• Thread starter Growbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growbie

I Would like to start off with saying hi to everyone and thanks for your time for looking at my post.
please excuse my grammar and spelling :(

if this is the wrong place im so sorry.
ok i have a few questions im in my first grow just two plants 1 400w hps light,
in coco peat, i have been using sensi grow bloom part a&b for the past 2 weeks and im worried i see all these other posts about ppl using other nutes and other stuff on top of sensi bloom a&b. my question is is this needed? also im using nutes at 1000ppm they are in 3gal pots with holes at the bottom and ill post pics and you pros can tell me if they are looking good.

i have been told they are og kush if anyone can confirm?

i had a bunch of questions but now im nervous haha.

this is what they look like so far.

Im new and have some questions

Im new and have some questions 2

Im new and have some questions 3

Im new and have some questions 4

Im new and have some questions 5

Melvan

Melvan

The only way you're going to learn is to ask questions. Don't be nervous, ask. If anyone doesn't want to help you they don't need to read your thread.

You're not doing bad for a first time, but there are some issues you'll want to correct.

You have a lot of stretch in those plants, lots of spacing between nodes. How close are you keeping the 400? It should be about 14" away from the top of the canopy. Correct this now if you're keeping it further away than that, and keep it at 14" inches throughout the grow.

If you're not seeing any signs of stress in the plant, like yellowing leaves, don't worry about changing your feed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. What did you feed during veg cycle? I'm also wondering about the ventilation you have in the grow space.

Good luck. Feel free to ask your questions, sooner or later someone will pop in with help.

Edited to add: I took a closer look at those pics and I do see yellowing on the leaves right? Might have a nute lock out going on due to ph issues. Are you checking the ph of your nuted water before feeding your girls?

C

CalcioErba2004

Looks good. :) Your light is way too far away. Get it closer to the tops. Get this grow under your belt first. Don't try and overload yourself. Keep It Simple Silly! You should be ok with the sensi a&b. Don't go out and spend money on nutrients, use up the ones you have and then try a different approach. If you start feeding your plants different ferts just because everyone else uses them, you will be sorely disappointed with your first crop. KISS!!!

sky high

sky high

If you supercropped those main stems a bit you could really get that light down on top of yer plants and incdrease the bud size from midway up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td3k1DJG2d8

Enclosing your space with white plastic/etc and containing the light overall would also increase your yield, IMO. Sidelighting might also be something to look into if you plan to grow tall plants in the future. (or a larger wattage light up top)

search/read/search/read/etc. Asking questions and searching for additional info on those questions will take you far.

good luck

s h

G

Growbie

see the only place i see yellow or even dieing leaves are close to the stem way down at the bottom of the plant but they are little and very thin, also in veg i used sensi grow a&b the other stuff for vegging not bloom i cant remember the name, ill most the light closer i see what you mean by the nods are far apart,

a question i have is, i water every second day or until the coco peat is dry, but i see alot of ppl who use sensi grow nutes that water with nutes then water with reg water?

also i dont check my ph after i add nutes i check before and its about 6.5, i didnt know i should check after adding nutes.

for ventilation im using just a reg big stand alone fan in the room as its a 9x10 room and thats all that is in there are the two plants.

if you want certain pics to help with your comments please let me know ill gladly get off my butt and take them.

thanks for everyones help so far :D was scared at first but you guys are very welcoming love the community.

Melvan

Melvan

The nutes have buffers in them that will change the ph of the water after they are added. Mix up the water with the food the day before you plan to use it & ph it, let it sit 24 hrs, check the ph to see if there is a change. My Fox Farm nutes take 8.0 tap water down to 6.5.

If the only yellow you see is small stuff along the bottom don't worry about it, I may have just been seeing yellow because of light reflection or something.

I agree with tightening up your space and covering those stucco walls with Panda film or mylar. The fact that it's painted white is good, but the stucco limits flat reflective parts. Panda film is better than mylar, IMO & IME.

How about some better pics of the grow space itself. Show us your lights, ventilation, etc., we can start making simple adjustments now so that your second grow is even better.

P.S. I don't think with 2 plants under a 400 you need to worry about side lighting, just tighten up the space itself.

G

Growbie

see how would i tighten up the place? its in a huge room in the corner and jsuta big fan at the other end blowing on the plants. and ventilation if you mean by an intake and outtake fan type set up there is none, ill get more pictures tomorrow as i dont have time today, its really kinda sad my set up to be honest :(

Melvan

Melvan

Tightening it up is easy. Hang shower rods on chains attached to the ceiling, use 3 so you can make 3 "walls" around the space, using the back wall as it is. For only 2 plants under a 400 you only need to wall off a space about 2x2. Have the shower rods hanging about 6 feet from the floor.

Use shower rings and hang mylar, better yet, panda film, like it's a shower curtain. This way you can access the plants and still keep that light from bouncing out into the room and going to waste.

Better yet, if you see someone throwing away an old shower surround, you can put that in the corner of the room, line it with mylar, panda film, or paint it white, and make a shower curtain out of mylar or panda film.

Use a small fan inside this fake room you've built, mount it on the regular wall, so there's always a nice breeze blowing across the canopy. Ventilation shouldn't be an issue since the top will be open.

How are you getting your 12 hours of total darkness? Do you just close the door to the room? There can't be any light what so ever during 12 off or you're going to end up with hermied plants and bud full of seed.

Keep up the good work, you'll learn it all as you go.

G

Growbie

i see i am going to try the shower thing thats nice and easy, also for total darkness yes i have the one window in the room boarded up and the door light sealed and we just dont go in the room during the dark cycle, how would i know if i get hermies also when do they start to show up because so far all i see if beautiful white pistols (hairs). i should get some pictures today i just have a few doctors appointments to go to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom