I'm new and having problems in flower

• Thread starter still_mikigan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
still_mikigan

still_mikigan

Guys things were going ok and this happened. What is it and how do i fix it. Thanks in advance.

Im new and having problems in flower
Im new and having problems in flower 2
still_mikigan

still_mikigan

was watering twice a week but now probably 3-4 weekly but bad news, one of the plants just got worse. Last night i watered with bat guano and rose & flower mix by down to earth(dry amendments. Can she bounce back or is it over? @Greenjourneyman @LittleDabbie

DSC 0107
DSC 0108
DSC 0109
Last edited:
still_mikigan

still_mikigan

Solid! this is my first grow started off with four, 2 died like like 2nd week of flower. Things were great in veg but got tough in flower.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I would back off the feeding for a bit and keep giving her water when the top soil is dry. It’s never over until the plant is toast. You will have diminished yield this time around. All apart of learning.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Solid! this is my first grow started off with four, 2 died like like 2nd week of flower. Things were great in veg but got tough in flower.

You might wanan consider switching to ACTUAL soil, vs coco since coco is more for advanced growers or at least those who know what there doing lol :P

420.hydro

420.hydro

Hi! I water my girls in coco daily and until recently fed them daily also (probably why i got a lot of popcorn buds under main buds) but my guess would be not enough water especially if they're in coco...my understanding is to water established plants 'x' amount of water (usually >1 gal at a time for my girls) until you see water filter out to the bottom of her pot/container (many growers check EC now, i also pay attention to water quantity in and how much out and how fast she drinks-fast at the start and as root mass gets denser it slows down). My indoor water schedule is a morning, a midday and an evening drink/feeding and if its exceptionally hot or low humidity she'll get an additional drink or 2. if out doors you'll need to make sure her substrate doesn't dry out because then her roots are drying out too.
In my opinion soil might be easier way to grow but coco forces the grower to be more diligent in its growth minimizing any potential hazards...hope this helps..peace & love yours buds!!

still_mikigan

still_mikigan

You might wanan consider switching to ACTUAL soil, vs coco since coco is more for advanced growers or at least those who know what there doing lol :P

i may have done too much for a first time grower this is my mix:
fox farms,
malibu compost,
worm castings,
flower mix,
azamite,
fish bone meal

still_mikigan

still_mikigan

Hi! I water my girls in coco daily and until recently fed them daily also (probably why i got a lot of popcorn buds under main buds) but my guess would be not enough water especially if they're in coco...my understanding is to water established plants 'x' amount of water (usually >1 gal at a time for my girls) until you see water filter out to the bottom of her pot/container (many growers check EC now, i also pay attention to water quantity in and how much out and how fast she drinks-fast at the start and as root mass gets denser it slows down). My indoor water schedule is a morning, a midday and an evening drink/feeding and if its exceptionally hot or low humidity she'll get an additional drink or 2. if out doors you'll need to make sure her substrate doesn't dry out because then her roots are drying out too.
In my opinion soil might be easier way to grow but coco forces the grower to be more diligent in its growth minimizing any potential hazards...hope this helps..peace & love yours buds!!

now i'm even more nervous lol.
my soil is a mix of: fox farms, malibu compost, worm castings, flower mix, azamite, & fish bone meal

Bitters420

Bitters420

now i'm even more nervous lol.
my soil is a mix of: fox farms, malibu compost, worm castings, flower mix, azamite, & fish bone meal

What Fox Farm soil are you using?
For watering:
Have a dry pot with your soil in it that is dry, use this as a "lift weighing scale" to determine when it is close for you to water your plants.
You should water until 20% runoff and don't water again until it is close to that dry weight.

Also, it is highly advised that you add in roughly 20-25% large perlite to your soil mix, for aeration.

still_mikigan

still_mikigan

JMO, looks way over fed, to much N and PH was off last feed and burnt them bad.
Leaf tips bent down, very dark fan leaves. I would flush and then only water for a bit until N is fixed. Again JMO!

I added a tablespoon of Blood meal(dry), and run off ph was 6.33.

still_mikigan

still_mikigan

What Fox Farm soil are you using?
For watering:
Have a dry pot with your soil in it that is dry, use this as a "lift weighing scale" to determine when it is close for you to water your plants.
You should water until 20% runoff and don't water again until it is close to that dry weight.

Also, it is highly advised that you add in roughly 20-25% large perlite to your soil mix, for aeration.

FoxFarm FX14000 Ocean Forest
and is there a specific perlite you use so i can add for my next grow? Also when you say 20% run.... ex. if im watering with a gallon the soil should only take 80%?

still_mikigan

still_mikigan

JMO, looks way over fed, to much N and PH was off last feed and burnt them bad.
Leaf tips bent down, very dark fan leaves. I would flush and then only water for a bit until N is fixed. Again JMO!

Should i cut off the burned leaves?

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Wait till the plant trims then. Lightly pull on the leaf. If the leaf comes away easy and clean the plant will have self pruned. The plant will use a yellowed leaf for waste storage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im gonna tag @Aqua Man and see what he says.
Just seen this i was kinda busy the last few days. Water to saturate the entire pot until you see run off then let it dry as was started above. With organic i'm not sure I would flush as it will wash all available nutrients out and could harm the microbes which will then lead to deficiencies. I'm far from an organic guy but that's my opinion. Reduce the light intensity and try to keep humidity 60-70% if you can until she recovers.

What is the source water?
Do you have a water softener by chance?
Do not add any more nutrients if you have done so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom