Im new and in need of your help

• Thread starter Jesserj22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jesserj22

Jesserj22

I have three plants i started from seeds (power wreck × premo jack) that are almost 70 days old, started them inside under uv lights and put them outside almost 2 weeks ago, ive been careful not to overwater but may have, im using basic potting soil, used ferti-lome bloom and rooting plant food the numbers on the container say 9-58-8 is that the NPK ratio? I only used it 1 time. This is how they look this morning. They were a vibrant green color and started looking like this 3-4 days ago.
Im new and in need of your help
Im new and in need of your help 2
Im new and in need of your help 3
Im new and in need of your help 4
Im new and in need of your help 5
Any idea's or solutions will be GREATLY appreciated please help

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
I dont know much more then you as I have done only two indoor grow so far, but seem like your curling leaves may be issue to some temperature changes ? Maybe protect them during the night or cover them from the wind? I dont see overfeeding either, as a big sign for this is the tip curling up, but using bloom product during vegetative stage may be causing issue, im sure plenty of people here can tell you more about it then myself !

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Phosphorous burn could be that ratio looks good for flowering but I think more nitrogen will be needed for veg. Jmo tho,

Way more experienced peeps may have a different answer.

Here's what ii used for grow and what I'm using for bloom

DSC 0041
DSC 0040
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Another thing as a possible cause is what's the pH of the soil and what kind of water do you use tap? Distilled? Ro?

Looks like toxicity or possibly need some calmag or ph problem start at the pH.

Most problems are due to ph lock out post your number for better diagnosis.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That 9-58-8 ratio is pure insanity and has no place anywhere near a pot plant. That cant be right, is that a typo?
If that's accurate I'd say Phosphorus overload big time. Probably setting off a chain reaction locking up calcium and inhibiting N uptake..

dire wolf

dire wolf

That 9-58-8 ratio is pure insanity and has no place anywhere near a pot plant. That cant be right, is that a typo?
If that's accurate I'd say Phosphorus overload big time. Probably setting off a chain reaction locking up calcium and inhibiting N uptake..
Hey dirt , yea its right and your right !

dire wolf

dire wolf

I have three plants i started from seeds (power wreck × premo jack) that are almost 70 days old, started them inside under uv lights and put them outside almost 2 weeks ago, ive been careful not to overwater but may have, im using basic potting soil, used ferti-lome bloom and rooting plant food the numbers on the container say 9-58-8 is that the NPK ratio? I only used it 1 time. This is how they look this morning. They were a vibrant green color and started looking like this 3-4 days ago. View attachment 962755View attachment 962756View attachment 962757View attachment 962758View attachment 962759Any idea's or solutions will be GREATLY appreciated please help
70 days old ? Or 7 days old ?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use a regular 20-20-20 fertilizer, Jack's and I use the flowering formula during flowering. I only feed about every 2 weeks. When you start feeding plants with nutrients like that, you are going to burn the shit out of your plants and cause lockouts in the soil, making it doubtful for use for anything. If farmers used nutes like the folks do around here, they would be broke in a year! Go easy on the nutes and use moderation and restraint. It will pay off in the future. Seriously.

Jesserj22

Jesserj22

Another thing as a possible cause is what's the pH of the soil and what kind of water do you use tap? Distilled? Ro?

Looks like toxicity or possibly need some calmag or ph problem start at the pH.

Most problems are due to ph lock out post your number for better diagnosis.
Ph is 6.0-6.5. Ive been using tap water, im in the process of checking the ph of my tap water
Phosphorous burn could be that ratio looks good for flowering but I think more nitrogen will be needed for veg. Jmo tho,

Way more experienced peeps may have a different answer.

Here's what ii used for grow and what I'm using for bloom

20200417 085530

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep

Jesserj22

Jesserj22

I use a regular 20-20-20 fertilizer, Jack's and I use the flowering formula during flowering. I only feed about every 2 weeks. When you start feeding plants with nutrients like that, you are going to burn the shit out of your plants and cause lockouts in the soil, making it doubtful for use for anything. If farmers used nutes like the folks do around here, they would be broke in a year! Go easy on the nutes and use moderation and restraint. It will pay off in the future. Seriously.
Thank you for the advice i appreciate it. Im currently thinking about getting some fox farms or ocean forest dirt and transplanting them but im not sure if its the write move or if it will only make it worse from the stress.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thank you for the advice i appreciate it. Im currently thinking about getting some fox farms or ocean forest dirt and transplanting them but im not sure if its the write move or if it will only make it worse from the stress.
I’d would go with coco perlite mix the soil mixers can be a bit hot .

Jesserj22

Jesserj22

Oh Crap, yes those numbers are correct, i followed the directions and mixed 1 tablespoon for 1 gallon of water, i gave them a quarter cup if that of the mixture, i only fed them 1 time i now see that was a huge mistake i appreciate you informing me. Would
Ok thank you very much your a life saver. I will get some asap and do my best to keep them alive, any tips or suggestions after i transplant them?when should i water them afterwards? I really appreciate your help and advice.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Oh Crap, yes those numbers are correct, i followed the directions and mixed 1 tablespoon for 1 gallon of water, i gave them a quarter cup if that of the mixture, i only fed them 1 time i now see that was a huge mistake i appreciate you informing me. Would

Ok thank you very much your a life saver. I will get some asap and do my best to keep them alive, any tips or suggestions after i transplant them?when should i water them afterwards? I really appreciate your help and advice.
Always water after transplant .

Jesserj22

Jesserj22

just curious you said they were grown under a UV light?
Yes i started them under 2 multi spectrum UV grow lights for regular plants, i don't have a lot of extra $ to spend on growing them unfortunately, i would have used some type of 400-600 watt halogen or high pressure sodium bulbs for veg and 1000 watt bulbs for flowering thats what a few of the indoor grows had althose might be out dated but thats the way ive seen other's use for indoor crops in the past
Is mother's earth coco + perlite a good choice its 70%coco and 30% perlite? how often would i need to feed them nutrients and what kind is needed when using coco perlite instead of dirt?

Latest posts

Top Bottom