Im new at farming so please send your thoughts and suggestions my way. Help is wanted

• Thread starter sapper591
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sapper591

sapper591

Hello fellow farmers. Well this will be my first REAL attempt at farming. I have attempted this before but at a very small scale and with no knowledge of the "how to" what so ever. My seed consist of the following types. I have one strain of silver twat and three strains of various dro breeds. The silver twat is a seed that my good friend has been creating over the past several years and has not currently put it out on the market, hopefully (with your guys help) I can change that. One of whom i consider to be my best friends (lollipopman) has spent the last year teaching me everything I know and I feel I am ready. So please farming community, help me to get this perfect. I have them in my guest bedroom closet right beneath a 42w energy saver blue spectrum light in a controlled 70 degree room. They are a little more than 2 weeks old and are doing wonderfully. I would appreciate some feed back as far as nutrients and soils are conserned and also i discovered a bunch of tiny flying insects swarming the plants. Some pest control advice would be great. Well thats all for now. Cant wait to start getting feedback. $REDNECK GANGSTER$

R

Rolln J

welcome to the farm!

tiny black flies that dive bomb the soil? could be fungus gnats and they are all bad - get neem oil and follow the directions for foliar feeding as well as watering with it (yes you can mix it in with your water).

sticky fly strips help, a fan blowing across the bottoms of your plants is a must and trim your plants up near the bottoms so air can move over the dirt.

one other thing you can do to discourage the flies is get some white panda plastic and make covers for your pots/grow containers - just cut the plastic an inch bigger all the way around then your container and cut slit in it for the stem and lay them over your pots..

this fucks up them lil bastards 2 ways - they cant so easily find the soil and these flies use the direction of the sun (or in your case grow lights) to know which way is up - so with the reflective surface they literally dont know which way is up.

in any case its not the flies that do the damage but the larvea that feed on your roots!

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

When I had gnats I just let medium dry out more and they left on their own.

Patriot

Patriot

I have figured that if u put dessert sand on top of the dirt, the gnats kind of sofocated under it...specially after watering....
for the temp mine like 80 F but its a matter of opinnion. Check my first grow i did it with 2 45 watss CFL and everything seem fine...right now i am doing one with 4 45w in a closet , it also looks nice....i hope this helps

sapper591

sapper591

It worked

Thank you guys for the advice. I wasnt exactly sure what the whits panda plastic that was mentioned was but I got the concept and so it only made since to use what I had. So what I did was measure the diameter of my pots and found that they were just 1/8 of an inch larger than your standard cd-r/rw. So I just slipped my little beautys through the center of the cd and they are now resting snuggly on top of the soil with no room between the pots and the cd's for the gnats to figure it out. Your advice proved to be most helpful. Thanks for everything, the gnats are gone.

R

Rolln J

lol glad it worked - hope the holes in the cds are big enough for how fat your stems are going to get.

L

livinglegend

Let me make this simple....
Just use a full line of foxfarm products. soil and nutes.
bag of perlite. i still like to mix this shit in my soil.
pick up a bottle of pH down, or UP depending on what your water needs.
and some pH test strips or drops.
to keep most bugs away, pick up a bottle of Gnatrol and a bottle of BANG. should get you through your problems.

you also need to add about 958 more watts, thats for sure. and learn to cool it. its pretty easy around this time of year.

if you cant grow some dank buds with that i dont know how to help you. its a solid and one of the most easiest ways to grow imo.

sapper591

sapper591

update

Ok, so you guys have helped me so much, I figured I would give you all an update as to how I changed things around ever since your suggestions have come rolling in. I now have added 4 48" "vitalume plus GROW" blue florescent bulbs and 4 48" "vitalume BLOOM" red florescent bulbs staggered such as, red, blue, red...etc. I have noticed an almost doubled growth rate in the last two days that I have switched. Now its like a tanning bed in there lol. And to combat the heat I have a very powerful fan that is acting as an exhaust rather than having it blow directly on the plants. I have also made a purchase of the following products that will soon be here in the mail: 1 qt of foxfarm big bloom organic fertilizer, 1 pt of bioneem, and I was thinking about ordering some earthworm cocoons. So again I ask for suggestions and comments on how to use the products I ordered to there greatest potential. And does anyone have any experience with using earth worms? Should I or shouldnt I?

Latest posts

Top Bottom