Im new here just wanted to say hello

• Thread starter mrsgreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrsgreenthumb

Hello fellow farmers how are you? Im pretty new to the growing aspect of this wonderful world but hope to become an expert grower soon. I only have one harvest under my belt and right now Im working on my second. Im in my first week of vegging my nw babies. I have 6 purple trash and 3 sssdh. I hope they turn out well. It looks like one of the ssswdh had a very slight mold problem but it appears to be rectified. I hope to make a few friends on here and gather as much knowledge as possible. Wish me luck on my ventures :)

D

DJLovesDankies

hey yo name is DJ im new here too. i have a couple grows i have done some ended up bomb some got diseases or some other bs lol. i started using soil first now im using 2 DWC AND 2 EBB AND FLOW ALL are home made. its workin ok so far just a couple mite problems and a few deficencies that im trying to deal with.

M

mrsgreenthumb

hi dj thank you for actually sayin somethin to me, I am very new to thisw forum stuff and didnt really expect anyone to respond. Now fogive me for sounding simple but what is dwc? lol dont laugh. Do you know much about lighting? I dontthink I have enough light for my area that I am workin with

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy mrsgreenthumb - welcome to the farm

btw dwc = deep water culture

what kind of light over what space do you have?

D

DJLovesDankies

hi dj thank you for actually sayin somethin to me, I am very new to thisw forum stuff and didnt really expect anyone to respond. Now fogive me for sounding simple but what is dwc? lol dont laugh. Do you know much about lighting? I dontthink I have enough light for my area that I am workin with

Ya im new to this thread thing too and ya no problem we all gotta start somewhere but i have been having a couple problems with my grow and im just try to see whats up. everyone i know usually asks me for help with there garden lol but now im strugglin and the hydro shop don't really do good for me but last time one guy provided mad info so i bought 110 bucks worth of goodies lol. but ya i know a little about lighting kinda the basics like spectrum during which cycle your on, veg or flower and a little about hps(high pressure sodium) and MH(Metal Halide) i think lol. if ur using a closet grow around 400watt and lower hps for flower or if you want a fat op a single 600 watt light lights a 4x4 area well or 1000 watt light does a 5x5 i think. Anyone correct me if im wrong i just been reading a bunch of shit in books. for veg I use a 6 bulb t-5 fluorescent light with all 6 w/ 6500k daylight white cooler spectrum. for flower i run a single 600 hps. im on 2 cycles veg and flower veg on 24/0 and flower 12/12.

D

DJLovesDankies

Ya just tryin to help out a brotha in need. I resid in socal and love my 24 plant limit wha wha! but ya i know a lil somethin somethin what you need to know. but to start we need to know what size grow area you have. if its a little closet you can start vegging using a t-5 fluorescent and for flowering you can use anywhere from 150, 250, 300, 400watt hps(high pressure sodium) light and have great result plus if its a little grow try looking up the scrog method its pretty cool how it works im thinkin about hittin this method up a couple times

M

mrsgreenthumb

thanks for the input.
@motherload: right now I ahve a 4 x 6 area with only one 400w mh. Im a week into vegging 9 plants. They seem to be ok right now but I knoww I will need to add more light just not sure how much more

M

mrsgreenthumb

thank you guys for all the input and welcomes, I am in a 4 x 6 area with 9 plants a week into my veg. I am using a 400w mh lamp and it seems to be doing the job, gor now that is. I just got a feelin that they need more or they will need more as they get bigger. On my last grow I was using a 1000w hps but found that it got so very very hot ant the temp was hard to control, causing stress to my plants. I dont want to over do it on the light but use just enough. Hopefully my electric bill wont be so much this time lol. i took some pictures of what I got going right now but am not to computer savy. How do I upload the pics?

:)

M

mrsgreenthumb

The temp is doin real good right now. Between 70 to 75 F and I found that with the lower wattage that I can have the light closer than I could have with the 1k

M

mrsgreenthumb

I think I figured out how to upload pics lol it took me a minute lests see if I did it right. the first picture is the first day that I brought the purple trash home and the others I took yesterday of the whole bunch. I started lst to see how they would do training from such a young age. The best way to learn is through experience right? Lol I also topped the ones that had at least 4 nodes. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions I am all for gathering knowledge. thank you
00682.JPG
0612204651.jpg
0612204612.jpg

D

DJLovesDankies

NICE! Lookin like your gonna have plenty of veg light but for flower i would start sooner then later so you can use the hid light efficiently. ya im gonna throw some pics of my own. im havin some problems so if anyone see somethin help!!!! lol i just started using all my additives for veg and flowering so it kinda lookin ifffffy and ya how do i upload pics lol im tryin these ones first.

PICT0732
PICT0733
PICT0734
PICT0735
PICT0737
PICT0738
PICT0739
PICT0740
PICT0741
PICT0742
D

DJLovesDankies

ok so those are my vegging and ya there not lookin so hot. kinda bummin but hey i got all 9 for fuckin 20 bucks. and here are my flowering i think there comming around. there different strains except for the face off og on is flowering one WASSS gonna be my mother now its all crazy deficent. so here my just startin flowerin bebis like i started to kick them 5/27

PICT0748
PICT0747
PICT0746
PICT0745
PICT0744
PICT0743
M

mrsgreenthumb

it looks nice Im a little jealous I guess Im impatient and want to see my babies sprout up. Your defieciencies dont look too too bad ( to my untrained eye that is) I need to get in my room and get it set up more efficiently and make it all purdy n stuff =). Are you gonna thin out your stuff at all?
Oh so get this I go into my room today to go say good mornin to the girls and the freakin mold is back!!!! I am just gonna go pick up some stuff and treat em all. I thought I could just treat the one that had it but apparently that stuff spreads crazy easy. Then I was lookin at the leaves closer just ot do an all around inspection and it looks like somethin took a chunk out of one of my babies. I might have knicked it when I was doin the lst and fim but it really doesnt look like it. So Down to the store I go I want to stay ahead of the problem before it gets way bad.
Maybe I jsut picked up some sick clones? My problems didnt start until I brought home my sssdh? Well wish me luck

D

DJLovesDankies

HAHA dont be jealous its startin to piss me off im buyin all this product and yet its all not workin to well but shoot i just started using it i have to give it time to work. Nope just gonna go like that im gonna use the 2 in my dwc( white bucket things) cost like 15 to 20 to set up 2. i buy all the shit at walmart. they got cheap shit what can i say :) im gonna try to make them into my mothers so i can dial in these strains well atleast the face off og and master kush. but i have 3 that are flowering when those are all done im going to throw in all the master kushs well the other 3 :) hyped but ya they filled in really quick. there all around 2 months old from clone well the oldest oned was cut on 4/11 the rest are either the same or a couple days to a week. im thinkin i might have to get some more light but i live with the folks there electric bill is already up with t-5 all water pumps, air pumps, fans, and the 600 all at once kinda spiked it up a little.im gonna get some pics of my bebs as the light is on. What states are everyone growin in, im reppin southern cali whawha!

PICT0754
PICT0753
PICT0752
PICT0751
PICT0750
PICT0749
M

Mutha

@MrsGreenThumb: I just wanted to jump in here and say hello too. I haven't picked up yet on whether or not there are too many female growers on here. I sorta think not...so I wanted to be sure and say hi. I'm new as hell here too and feel a bit intimidated by all of the experienced growers...so I can relate to your question "like what is DWC?...duh!" That's about how I feel!

Anyhow...to everyone else: I'm blown away by the ammount of knowledge here. Really GLAD I found you all! I hope to hang around and learn a lot and say Ooooooh! Aaaaaaah! a lot of times to ya'll until I have something intelligent to contribute some day.
My only claim to uniqueness is I'm using solar power ONLY for my setup...so I am limited to 3 600 Watt Quantam Pro LED lights ( from my guys at GrowStealthLED.com ) for flowering and 1 600 Watt Quantam LED light for vegging. I have the room pretty much set up...but right now I only have 18 girls and they're only starting their 2nd week of vegetative growth. So I've got a ways to go! I started them from seeds and used a 4' long 4 bulb T5 High Output Flourescent until they were big enough to transplant into the rockwool.
BTW, those 600 Watt LEDs are rated to have as high of an output as their 1000 Watt MH or HPS counterparts and light a 4' X4' space each. The BEAUTY of them is they only darw roughly HALF the amps of the MH and HPS counterparts and put off essentially NO extra heat! WE SHALL SEE! I'll keep you posted. LOL! But so far the plants look GREAT and my kick-ass solar array is handling the electricity demands of the entire room without kicking the back-up generator on at all! First I had planned on going with the traditional lighting but I knew I was going to have to be schlepping TONS of gallons of gas or propane every month. Once I discovered the LEDs I thought EUREKA! THIS IS IT! I DO live in the middle of the woods but I don't particularly want to hear a generator running all day...even if it IS muffled! And the higher cost of the LEDs are going to pay for themself in fuel savings in a couple of months. So THAT'S ANOTHER BFD! PLUS...I don't have to worry about the extra heat or the "thermal imprint" in the night sky! You dig?

If anyone else on here runs on solar power or even if you just use LEDs for whatever reason...give me a shout! I'd love to know you!
TTYL!

M

mrsgreenthumb

well hello there miss mutha!!! Yeah I a was was starting to fell a little like a lone wolf out here. Not on this forum ( all the support and knowledge is amazing) but I ment in the growing world in general. Im impressed that you are using leds I have been trying to get up the courage to venture into that world. From my understanding it has amazing potential to be very effective as well as way less expensive in the long run. I would love to see some pictures of what ya got. Not to mention the solar power part!!! Pretty awesome there chica. I would love to pick your brain

D

DJLovesDankies

MUTHA!!!! how ya doin. and ya ima laso interested in the led's. thinkin about tryin one out here in ther near future. i would love to se how you have your set up. solar powered in socal would save me and also make me:) some money. but any way Glad to have some ladies gettin there green thumbs going lol. i mean i only been growin for like shitttttt 4+ years but ive been doin my home work more on this then my college homework lol but what strains and set up do u have?

D

DJLovesDankies

mighty be a little dumb but anyone ever heard of sloar panels insideeeeeeee there grow room. like there light is litlerally feeding the solar panel to feed the lights lol. wiil it work?

Top Bottom