I'm New To Growing

• Thread starter GoodVibesMat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bill22

Bill22

@GoodVibesMat At some point during the veg phase, you will want to decide on how/when to prune your plants to boost yield. Here is a good set of articles on various pruning techniques to increase yield, e.g. topping, supercropping, low-stress training.
http://www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/watering-pruning/

I would also suggest downloading his free Grow Bible.

Bill22

Bill22

@GoodVibesMat Another thing you should consider when it comes to which pruning technique you will use is schwazzing.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Some strains will have decreased yields or even go herm if too many fan leaves are chopped off.

Bill22

Bill22

Some strains will have decreased yields or even go herm if too many fan leaves are chopped off.
I had a conversation w/ a large commercial cultivation outfit (20,000+ sq feet) that has used this technique to obtain quite large yields for many years. They said the following:

* on nine of ten strains it works v well.
* the ones that it will not work so well on are strains that have been cross-bred a number of times.
* strains that are close to their genetic parent or are their genetic parent "will take very well" to the technique.

@GoodVibesMat: I hope you are taking note of this. After all, this thread is for you

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I just defoliate to give inner or lower nodes extra light, no schwagging or fimming, maybe if I had more room and time to work.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I will give an example. Me. I did a lot of study, typed how to grow weed on Google. I taught myself the basics. Learned types of mediums, diff between seeds, clones, female seeds. Then joined this sight. Farmers saw I was trying...I asked appropriate questions and farmers were only too happy to help a new grower. And, uh, it fucking worked!
Why do you want us to re type information that you can get without disturbing people who have jobs, families, hobbies, etc.?
We really are not here to sell cannabis or clones. Sure, over time relationships have formed, people in close proximate locations have met and become friends. I am sure that if you put the effort into learning the basics of cannabis farming, available all over the Internet, you will be welcomed here with open arms. Peace.
Very good and mature response... That's how I did it too. 4 months later and I feel like family:)

Top Bottom