Im not sure what im doing wrong.

• Thread starter Cmurda48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cmurda48

Cmurda48

My leafs have started sagging way down and I don't think it's grown I'm like 3 days. I thought it might be too strong nutrients but I've giving it a lot less and it seems to still be happening. I'm using Flora trio nutes.

Im not sure what im doing wrong
Im not sure what im doing wrong 2
Im not sure what im doing wrong 3
Im not sure what im doing wrong 4
Im not sure what im doing wrong 5
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
A picture of the whole plant would be helpful. I'm thinking maybe phosphorous deficiency, but can't really tell for sure.

Cmurda48

Cmurda48

Sorry I didn't even think of that makes total sense, here you go. And one more thing I forgot to ask you in my original post is when I make a correction how long should it take before I see results do you think?

20230908 174840
20230908 174844
20230908 174851
20230908 174855
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It might be overfed, especially nitrogen. I'm not sure, though. Need advice of one of the guys who are familiar with that growing medium.

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

its very green. what EC are you feeding ? are you following the NER on the chart ?

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

NER is your NUtrient element ratio EC is your electrical conductivity
so basically its the balance and concentration of your nutrients.
are you not measuring your nutrients ?

Cmurda48

Cmurda48

I've just been following the directions that everybody online says for how to use Flora Trio nutrients and it's just 50% of whatever it says on the bottle. That's what like three different threads I've read said so I figured that's all I needed to do. But I've never even heard anything about measuring nutrients until just recently I didn't even know what the thing. How do I do that?

Cmurda48

Cmurda48

I am almost positive I figured out what was wrong, last time I adjusted my light I reached the highest point on the little pulley so I just attached my light to the roof of my tent which added like another 6 in between it and my plant and apparently that was enough to do the trick because I lifted my plan up about six or seven inches and it's already showing signs of improvement. Do you think that this mistake permanently ruined my plant though?

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

I think an EC meter would be very beneficial so you know exactly what your putting in and you can make accurate adjustments as required. guessing and assuming is a dangerous approach.
how about pH are you measuring that ?

Cmurda48

Cmurda48

I have an ec meter on the way is gonna take 3 days to get here....I don't wanna guess. I wanna do this right I was just never told anything about it. Thank you very much for your help.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I've dabbled with hydro plants for a couple days now. EC, PPM or any of those other abbreviations that relate to nutrient strength are how hydro plants are grown. What is going to be the downfall of this system is the size of the bucket. Plants mid flower can drink 2 gal per day. Mine do anyways. When they drink 2 gallons out of the 3 gallons in that bucket the EC/PPM is going to change, it can become toxic, plants dont absorb the nutrients at the same rate as water unless it's dialed in.

Hydro isn't that complicated, it's just different.

jj

B

Ben.Jamin

that plant looks fine just maxed out on nutes is all if anything, its probz lack of light thats the little leaf sagging down.
I am with you, a little darker green than I would prefer but it's in veg and not burnt to shit. I think she looks good

H

headsta

I've been replacing any used up water with just statight pH balanced water. No nutes.
Yep good call until ya get your ec meter i fill my reservoir with proper ec value next day is up around 26 to 28 to high so just add ph water as not taking nutes gotta watch it as happens so quick

Stokes

Stokes

If youre gonna be in any medium other than soil you’re gonna need an EC pen. Virtually every nutrient company will tell you to overfeed your plants as much as possible because they’re in the business of selling nutes.

3cats

3cats

My leafs have started sagging way down and I don't think it's grown I'm like 3 days. I thought it might be too strong nutrients but I've giving it a lot less and it seems to still be happening. I'm using Flora trio nutes.
I use the GH trio + a few more. I'm in an auto pots now, similar but different still an ebb and flow system.

How much are you feeding her?. It looks like 2 weeks into flower. @ 2 weeks in I'd be feeding 5/5/7 ml per gal Micro/ Grow Bloom I also add Diamond Nectar at 4ml/gal ( it helps break down the nutes into ions the roots absorb ) and 1ml Hyclean to help me deal with salt build ups. At week 3 with bigger buds forming I go 5/5/10/ 5 ml cal mag / 4ml DN 1 ml HY. @ 4 weeks I add Kool Bloom Dry at 1/'3 tsp/gal.

Just so you get an idea what others use. I'm adding 3 gallons of nutes to a 12.5 gal tank every day. I keep it half full

Top Bottom