I'm pissed. Neighbors, BS. Please advice

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourPlants

FourPlants

As I already stated earlier in this thread so many home hobbies have high electric loads these days. I imagine it would require a few other elements to justify a warrant in conjunction with electric use.

Just sitting in my home office I have 1400 watts of potential load between me and my son's gaming PCs if I were to push them. I also have lights for lizards that are on timers. That doesn't include any of my guitar amps being turned on. Imagine if I still kept reef tanks or was crypto mining.

That being said, I imagine small towns still operate like small towns.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

This was my next pic. 😎 🚬 😂
Lots of room for roots here.
This is too tall though. The one above will cut all the light.
I'm assuming that's what Hawaii? If so, what Island, and that is freaking beautiful!
I don't know what to think of the place. All i
As I already stated earlier in this thread so many home hobbies have high electric loads these days. I imagine it would require a few other elements to justify a warrant in conjunction with electric use.

Just sitting in my home office I have 1400 watts of potential load between me and my son's gaming PCs if I were to push them. I also have lights for lizards that are on timers. That doesn't include any of my guitar amps being turned on. Imagine if I still kept reef tanks or was crypto mining.

The thing is I'm not growing. I haven't since the statute of limitations have expired. I do smoke, have seen my equipment snooping around my garage, and know I lived in Colorado. Maybe they smelt weed? But I'm in a medical state, so smell isn't grounds for a warrent.
I'd think I was growing too, but rather than talk to me, they rat! If the right addy would have been reported things would be a whole lot different.
As others have said MYOFB. They know they've been busted, and interesting watching how they all act when they see me. I want them to know I know, but for my kids, snd my future's sake....
Legalization here can't come soon enough.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I'm assuming that's what Hawaii? If so, what Island, and that is freaking beautiful!
I don't know what to think of the place. All i
The thing is I'm not growing. I haven't since the statute of limitations have expired. I do smoke, have seen my equipment snooping around my garage, and know I lived in Colorado. Maybe they smelt weed? But I'm in a medical state, so smell isn't grounds for a warrent.
I'd think I was growing too, but rather than talk to me, they rat! If the right addy would have been reported things would be a whole lot different.
As others have said MYOFB. They know they've been busted, and interesting watching how they all act when they see me. I want them to know I know, but for my kids, snd my future's sake....
Legalization here can't come soon enough.
When Colorado first went legal I walked into the Medicine Man in Cortez. From Texas and started smoking in 1965 or 66. You could get life for simple possession. Pot smokers were looked down on. We were called “heads” and everyone else was a “juicer”.

To walk into a marijuana store and see shelves lined with big jars was truly mindbending. To be able to walk outside with the bag of goodies in my hand in daylight. Wow. A dream finally come true.

In Alaska in 2010 I used to get up before dawn at -20 and take the dog for a walk while distributing anything from my grow in garbage cans so there was no collection of it at my place.

Digital ballast - I’d been running magnetics. Multiple 400 watt HPS. No problem. First digital I got in a month there’s the cable and internet guy at my door asking if I was running a digital ballast. My next door neighbor was having trouble with their router. Talk about freaked out. He suggested shielding it so I did. Copper sheet lining a box. Apparently did the trick. But finally in 2016 we went legal. Hope it happens for you soon.

Ponky

Ponky

When Colorado first went legal I walked into the Medicine Man in Cortez. From Texas and started smoking in 1965 or 66. You could get life for simple possession. Pot smokers were looked down on. We were called “heads” and everyone else was a “juicer”.

To walk into a marijuana store and see shelves lined with big jars was truly mindbending. To be able to walk outside with the bag of goodies in my hand in daylight. Wow. A dream finally come true.

In Alaska in 2010 I used to get up before dawn at -20 and take the dog for a walk while distributing anything from my grow in garbage cans so there was no collection of it at my place.

Digital ballast - I’d been running magnetics. Multiple 400 watt HPS. No problem. First digital I got in a month there’s the cable and internet guy at my door asking if I was running a digital ballast. My next door neighbor was having trouble with their router. Talk about freaked out. He suggested shielding it so I did. Copper sheet lining a box. Apparently did the trick. But finally in 2016 we went legal. Hope it happens for you soon.
The teachers and principals that looked down on me for smoking are the same people whose resumes I read through. It's hilarious and terrifying. Like how did my life get here? Why did I take life advice from a person with a masters that wants a part time job?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

Bingo! If you fit the part, they will make it look like something it isn't. Depending on what you look like, how you carry yourself, ect.... If your in a place that would serve a warrant, I would just cover my bases. Don't attract attention to yourself, unnecessarily.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
The teachers and principals that looked down on me for smoking are the same people whose resumes I read through. It's hilarious and terrifying. Like how did my life get here? Why did I take life advice from a person with a masters that wants a part time job?
Hey, I resemble that latter part. 🤪
I don't want any job, actually. fuck work. At least fuck working for someone else anyhow.

But I certainly concur that you don't just take blind advice from someone you know very little about, based upon their educational level, or profession. Learned knowledge only carries you so far in this life.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@Frankster I just shared in a private thread that knowledge accumulates quickly. You can be freakin brilliant at 20 yrs old. However, your knowledge is meaningless because you have no context in which to place it. Once you get a point where your knowledge matches reality, your knowledge becomes real, experiential. Until then it is real, but dis-connected. You can read everything ever written, but until you see it happen in your own hands, it really doesn't mean anything. It's just a mental puzzle.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

LOL, my brother grows too.
I'm not growing. I've taken time off, as I don't want to screw myself out of a license once it becomes legal here.
My neighbors know I came from Col, know I have the equipment....
The F$$$$$ Reps blocked the bill. So, like everywhere else, I'll be waiting at least a few more months.
I'm hoping it will become legal by Oct. At 60% support, I don't care what party they're from, they wanna get re elected.
The laws on the table are killer for someone in my situation. NY, andNJ are legal, but they can't grow.
IT'S A FREAKING PLANT! A VERY SPECIAL ONE

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Whole reason I avoided (and still avoid) digital ballasts. Not only because of all the different stories about cable/phone techs picking up the signal in the line and knowing exactly what was causing it, but I run too much sensitive equipment to be fuckin around with a metal box sending out disruptive signals like that.
Same here. Actually did a talk at my old high school a couple years ago about kids from the neighborhood having real opportunity for success, even if they drop out of HS and college. Teachers end up disconnected at some point, can't really blame em. Having assholes like many of us pass through their class would be enough to dishearten anyone haha.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Whole reason I avoided (and still avoid) digital ballasts. Not only because of all the different stories about cable/phone techs picking up the signal in the line and knowing exactly what was causing it, but I run too much sensitive equipment to be fuckin around with a metal box sending out disruptive signals like that.

Same here. Actually did a talk at my old high school a couple years ago about kids from the neighborhood having real opportunity for success, even if they drop out of HS and college. Teachers end up disconnected at some point, can't really blame em. Having assholes like many of us pass through their class would be enough to dishearten anyone haha.
I remember those Health teachers bringing in former students that started doing BLOW, OR H, but all said it started w/weed. I'm a good deal older than most of you. When i was in HS weed being even medical was laughable.
I'd love to go talk to a class of seniors, and keep it real simple. If it grows from the ground, and it's not poison, ENJOY!
I have friends who messed around w/blow, H, and drank heavy.
It makes a absolutely no sense for alcohol to be legal, and weed not. I don't believe there's ever been a reported OD death from weed.

I'm not being friendly to my neighbors, and still let my kid hang out w/theirs. I haven't, nor won't directly threaten them. I do have a crazy temper, but when I absolutely need to control it, I can.

As for radio signals, digital ballasts will screw up a cell phone, and Wifi. I'm not sure if they'd have to be 1k's? But i am not growing weed. I REALLY would like to, but I don't need the $, and I'd like to get this license when it becomes legal here.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Sine wave high frequency ballasts are why they pick up the signal...square wave low frequency doesnt get noticed...lol

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

A broken faulty ballast will cause interference. Not a working one.
I have lost my signal while in grow rooms. I really didn't know what to make of it? As far as I know, I didn't have faulty ballasts, but I was also in rooms, inside rooms, so that could also explain things?
I had thought either the electronic company would look for spikes in usage, stealing electric (that's the one I hear about most when it comes to busts, or helicopters finding abnormal heat signals?
I'm sure my electric spikes when I'm doing the music thing, but I wouldn't think it would be enough for a judge to grant a warrent?
I've also heard the electric company has hand held FLIR that they use to look for faulty crap.
This day and age, I wouldn't think they would even put $ in the budget for helicopters searching homes.
In Kentucky, or Tennessee they probably send em out during harvest still, but that's Tennessee, and Kentucky.

Ponky

Ponky

I have lost my signal while in grow rooms. I really didn't know what to make of it? As far as I know, I didn't have faulty ballasts, but I was also in rooms, inside rooms, so that could also explain things?
I had thought either the electronic company would look for spikes in usage, stealing electric (that's the one I hear about most when it comes to busts, or helicopters finding abnormal heat signals?
I'm sure my electric spikes when I'm doing the music thing, but I wouldn't think it would be enough for a judge to grant a warrent?
I've also heard the electric company has hand held FLIR that they use to look for faulty crap.
This day and age, I wouldn't think they would even put $ in the budget for helicopters searching homes.
In Kentucky, or Tennessee they probably send em out during harvest still, but that's Tennessee, and Kentucky.
When your ballast goes bad you'll know. It takes out wifi and cable. The cable van will come find you first. Tell you to stop putting off interference . You won't get in trouble for the first one. It happens with cheap electronic ballasts. Haven't had it happen with a good one. And it's pretty rare.

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

The police are not busting grows in NY, thats what I've been told. Because it is legalized. Just a matter of time till logistics are finalized on cultivation.

From a good source I hear its 6 plants per adult in the household. 3 babies and 3 adult plants allowed per each adult. This is the current cultivation proposal, with no pushback so far.

Top Bottom