I'm starting to grow 10 jupiter og clones.

• Thread starter bigjellis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigjellis

I have a veg set up in closet with a 4 bulb t5 light. I also have a 4x8 ft tent outside the closet with a 600watt bulb. How long should flowering be? I'm also using foxfarm soil with Dyna Gro nutrients. Any advice or additional nutes or tips I should use/do? Its my 3 harvest with my first 2 being Sweet Dream strain. I want to keep it simple if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Not sure what the question is? But flowering depends on the strain, some take 6 weeks some take 10. Are you going into flower with 10 plants under one 600w light? If so that's def not enough light but prob will still work...

B

bigjellis

IMG 20131112 205744076 HDR
Sorry, was kinda wanting to get a response if I was doing it right or not. I've been strictly dealing with Sativa's and using the 600 watt bulb and getting ok yield. But then wanted to try some indica's and bump up the plants from 6 to 10. I only have a 4x8 tent which limits my ability to add more light... Possibly get a 1000 watt??? Also since I'm using Dyna grow is there any other nutrients or supplements I need or are they just smoke n mirrors and il

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

The 600w will work but if I was you I would get a 1000. It will increase yield, maybe not a crazy amount but def will increase. Can not help you on Dyna grow I use H&G so someone else has to answer that.

B

bigjellis

The 600w will work but if I was you I would get a 1000. It will increase yield, maybe not a crazy amount but def will increase. Can not help you on Dyna grow I use H&G so someone else has to answer that.
Sorry, is H&G just like Dyna grow where u just add that and ur good? Or do u also add other nutrients? This is my 3rd harvest but just trying to dial things in. My first one I had 4 plants and produced 1/4lb, now I've got 6 plants flowering with the 10 vegging. Thanks again for ur advice n help with this.

IMG 20131112 205744076 HDR
soserthc1

soserthc1

if your growing sativa real deal sativa's you could possible be growing a plant in flower for 20 weeks unless you want a short sativa like a c99 or simular still looking at 72/84 most indica's hit sweet spot around 63-70 days well hybrids with a pure indica avg 56-63 but can get a few shorter strains - all most all of the new breeder here bog seeds strains are 8 weeks flat ....6 weeks is a rarity but are a few - a garlic strain awhile back was supposedly done in 35/42 about the shortest i have heard of thou i don't really thing i believe that .....

soserthc1

soserthc1

germ seed 48/60 hrs - 2 days
plant seed - pops 24/48 hrs - 2 days
veg seeds 2 months avg
flower 8-10 weeks
start to finish 5 months - not including drying 7-14 days and a good cure 30 days - key is to have more ready to go then your flipping every 8/10weeks or less

hope this helps

MysteryChild

MysteryChild

Your looking good but i would replace the 600w and add a 1000w
Way better penetration through the canopy

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

only thing i would consider adding to your regime is some aerated compost teas to add some biology to your root zone and as preventative foliar care. Or go the shortcut and use a product like sea green, or some of the humic based products on the market to help nutrient uptake. UI think these types of additives are not smoke and mirrors as i have used granulated humics outdoors and in greenhouses on bedding plants and veggies with great results!!! I think biological bacterial based teas have a lot to offer inn terms of overall root and soil health and in terms of helping to prevent bug and fungal infestations...

Lots of info on teas, look up: capulator, OG BIOWAR, Caps bennies, ACT, Compost Tea, Bacterial tea

Those items in a search window should give you 3 hours worth of great reading

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Dyna-Gro is fine, it is less about the nutrient and more about the grower. Anything additional would be considered additives. I don't think you need to add anything, but ultimately its up to you. Personally I would use a magnesium sulfate additive, Botanicare's Sweet is my personal option but General Hydroponic's Flora Nectar and Cutting Edge Solutions Sour Dee or Sugaree are also good options.

Since you are in soil I would also consider adding some beneficial fungi and bacteria. You can find Capulator's line of products here or there are plenty of good options at your local hydro store. I have used the Plant Success line with great results for several years now, they make Great White, Soluble, Mike O'Rizey, Jellyfish and a few more. Then there is Roots Organic Oregonism, Botanicare's ZHO and Hydroguard and many others out there.

Other than those two types of products I wouldn't think you need much more right now as far as nutrient additives.

As for your use of space, in the 4 x 8 tent I would personally run 2 600's. This will give you even coverage over the whole tent. I would mark out two 3 x 3 boxes in the tent, leaving 6 inches around the outer perimeter and a foot in between each box. Center each 600 over the boxes. 5 plants will go in each box. This allows you to keep all your plants under the best quality and intensity light.

I am not sure how long you are vegging your plants, but maybe you want to spend a little less time vegging under the T-5 and give them a couple of weeks vegging under the HPS. You have tall plants with large spaces between buds; the transition to the HPS while still in veg may help keep them a bit shorter. You may also want to flip them to flowering a bit earlier. This will keep your plants a bit shorter. You may not increase your yield bit it will shave a few weeks of your grow cycle allowing you more harvests in the same amount of time.

OG's usually have a flowering time of 60 - 70 days, depending on variety and growers preference.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Guy above me and I are on the same page here.

great advice i think. one more addition that goes along lines of Smoking Guns thinking of keeping plants shorter. maybe consider some pruning and training methods to achieve a more Sea Of Green vibe. You will find this uses the plants energy and your lights energy more efficiently together.

I'm trying out a Jupiter OG cross right now, its very vigorous so far, best of luck.

Top Bottom